Hi,

I need something fun (or dark) to come out of my slump. I recently watched The princess bride (English movie) and it was so fun. 

It doesn't matter from which country. Just looking for something that has an adventure (or with fantasy elements) with a bit of romance thrown in. 

Asian films

The Magician
Splash Splash Love: A two episode special.
Last Sunrise: A little more sci-fi than fantasy, but an interesting what if road trip movie with some romance.

Western films

Willow
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938): Not really fantasy, but if you like The Princess Bride you would likely enjoy this film.
The 10th Kingdom: A miniseries but a must watch if you haven’t seen it before.
The Fall: No romance but one of my favorite films. Visually stunning story about a man telling a fantasy tale to a little girl when they are cooped up in a hospital.

Thank you SO much!!

A Chinese Odyssey (1995, Hong Kong) (there are 2 parts so watch both)

I also second The 10th Kingdom, one of my favorite mini-series.

Tomorrow With You (Time Travel-Fantasy) Romantic fantasy
Oh My Ghost

Legend - Is an older movie, (tom cruise is in it) but includes goblins and devils and unicorns etc. Lots of romance, is the main plot. 

I am dragon - subtitled in English. Heroine taken by dragon and falls in love with it. Hero (dragon) can shift into human form as well. 

Lady hawke - another older film. English. Two people who are cursed to forever be apart. Theyre trying to break it as the hero is trapped as  a wolf during the night and the heroine trapped as a hawk during day. 

Shape of water - I love this one. English, may be subbed somewhere. Woman at a science lab finds experiment creature which is half man half amphibian. She rescues him and falls in love. Its a bit strange, but I really enjoyed it. Its cute. 

The witcher - is new on netflix ( not sure if its subbed). Highly recommend. Hero is gorgeous. Fantasy and magical medieval world. Some romance too. 

Asian ones include:

Bride of habaek - Fantasy genre with romance. God from another realm comes to our world and falls in love with heroine human. 

Goblin - Again fantasy genre with romance. Super cute couple. 

The journey - Fantasy world with time travelling heroine. Meets anithero vampire male lead who is very much into her and wants her. 

Thank YOU so much! They all sound very interesting =D

Films:

• Be With You
  • Il Mare - Time Travel/Time Slip romance movie
  • Secret / Secret That cannot Be told - Time Travel Youth romance movie
  • Spellbound - horror comedy mocie
  • Your Name / Kimi No Na Wa - time slip Anime movie
  • Shinobi - dark romance fantasy fighting movie
  • Pee Mak - horror adventure dark comedy movie
  • Beauty Inside - interesting romance film

Western:

• Stardust