so i really love a lot of different types of dramas, but im also very picky. i actually cant stand drama itself, it all seems so over the top, i know a good romance needs a twist but its always a predictable love triangle (or octagon lol) where the girl cant choose between them or some other cliche plot. not saying love triangle is out of the question, just as long as its reasonably done. I love romantic comedies but im not going for the typical you-can-tell-theyre-trying-too-hard-to-make-you-laugh, im looking for more of witty banter and little things here and there that make you burst into outrageous laughter. also, i do love a good fantasy/action/adventure, as long as its good, and it isnt one of those 'secret garden' or meji era where the princess is in peril and the prince has to save her. believe it or not i usually go for the high school dramas like hana kimi, youre beautiful, ouran hshc since i love the mangas. however even though kimi wa petto was also a manga adaption, i loved it so much more. Love Shuffle, Skip Beat and City Hunter were also a few I enjoyed. Please let me know what you think!! sorry to make this so complicated!!! oh, ps- i know the dramas i mentioned may have had their fair share of drama and/or love triangles, i guess the plot was interesting and the whole story didnt revolve around sally pining after bobby and joe for 3 episodes in a row, so it was okay. yano?
I think you would enjoy I Hear Your Voice. Although it's not a romantic comedy at all, it has its cute/funny moments that leave you smiling like an idiot. There is KIND OF a love-triangle, but not really. Just two guys that happen to like the same girl, but in no way do they ever challenge or confront each other to the overwhelming point of it becoming a dramatic significance to the plot. In fact, you even see one of those guys encouraging and caring for the other, so if you want to watch something meaningful and smart, I think this is a good choice. Other good choices: -Reply 1997 -Rooftop Prince -Sungkyunkwan Scandal(this is a gender-bender harem similar to You're Beautiful) -My Girlfriend is a Gumiho -Dream High
Try Gentleman's dignity, Personal Taste and Faith.
Maybe you should give Dal Ja's Spring a try! There's a love triangle at in the beginning of the drama but compared to the episode count it doesn't actually last that long. I just really love the tone of the drama because even if dramatic things happened they were never portrayed in an over-dramatic way that you would get to see in another show. And I second Reply 1997, that one should definitely make you laugh!
The most unique and amazing rom-com I've watched was "Love Shuffle". I really recommend it. Plus, since it's a Jdrama it's shorter and easier to watch.
Have you tried My Boss My Hero? since you enjoy watching high school drama I think you'll like it. It was insanely hilarious(at least for me) Also I 2nd The Gentleman's Dignity. More mature romance but it has quite brilliant plot that will not bore you. plus it has a unique prologue in each episode that bring something different compare to other drama.
Thank you thank you! im putting all the recommendations on my list! please let me know if you have any more good suggestions!! going to try gentlemans dignity and reply 1997 first since both of them were seconded!