MrsLeeSeoJin wrote: I agree with your friend! :)
A little note about Aishiteru to Ikketure - this is a great drama for romance lovers, however the ending is a little disappointing due to certain choices the characters make. Still it is not an unhappy ending, per se, and is definitely worth the watch for romance fans.

I just read your review of Aishiteru to Ikketure. It looks like a drama I would enjoy, but I think that if I watch it, I'll follow your recommendation... I'm currently watching Itoshi kimi e; it's about a photographer who is about to lose his vision. I LOVED it until in episode 8... In your review, you wrote: "It’s not possible for Asians to give us a simple love story without all the nonsensical drama … can they? One hopes, but the sick feeling that blossoms in the pit of your stomach tells you something’s up..." and that's exactly what I'm feeling now about Itoshi kimi e. Well, I have not finished the drama yet and I don't know exactly what kind of things you refer to in your review of Aishiteru to Ikketure, but something tells me that I sort of know what it is that you're saying... Anyway, you also mentioned that it's written by the same person who wrote Orange Days, and that's one of my favourites!

I don't know anything about Korean rom-coms (the only k-drama I've watched is My Name Is Kim Sam Soon) so I'm not sure what to say to the OP, but aside from Itoshi kimi e that I still love (even though some stupid things are happening now in the last few episodes), one romance drama that I really love and that no one has mentioned yet is Kimi wa petto.
patterwig wrote: Thanks all for the help! Now i have a long drama list for her to watch ;)
(and for me too since i haven't watch some of them and they look interesting!)

Bzzer beat seems really popular among kdrama fans, so i think she should watch this first before the other :D

Let us know if she likes any :D
lily_b wrote: I just read your review of Aishiteru to Ikketure. It looks like a drama I would enjoy, but I think that if I watch it, I'll follow your recommendation... I'm currently watching Itoshi kimi e; it's about a photographer who is about to lose his vision. I LOVED it until in episode 8... In your review, you wrote: "It’s not possible for Asians to give us a simple love story without all the nonsensical drama … can they? One hopes, but the sick feeling that blossoms in the pit of your stomach tells you something’s up..." and that's exactly what I'm feeling now about Itoshi kimi e. Well, I have not finished the drama yet and I don't know exactly what kind of things you refer to in your review of Aishiteru to Ikketure, but something tells me that I sort of know what it is that you're saying... Anyway, you also mentioned that it's written by the same person who wrote Orange Days, and that's one of my favourites!

I think, despite the ending, if you're a fan of romance you have to watch Aishiteru to Ikketure. It's such a beautiful heartwarming love story. In my head I've kind of distanced the last 3-4 episodes from the rest of drama. And really I think if you go in prepared for the BS that happens at the end it loses much of its impact.

Also I've seen Itoshi kimi e ... well, sort of. I speedwatched it. Its ending is not as annoying as Aishiteru's, at least not that I can remember.
MrsLeeSeoJin wrote:
Also I've seen Itoshi kimi e ... well, sort of. I speedwatched it. Its ending is not as annoying as Aishiteru's, at least not that I can remember.

That's a relief to know. :) I've put Aishiteru to Ikketure on my list.
lily_b wrote: That's a relief to know. :) I've put Aishiteru to Ikketure on my list.

Let me know how you like it. I'd love to hear your opinion, esp on that ending ... which still has me feeling a bit bitter. :/
MrsLeeSeoJin wrote: Re Nagareboshi ... they kissed? Are you sure? I can't remember a kiss! What scene? I feel like I would have remembered a kiss because I thought Yukata and Risa had such amazing chemistry ... all I wanted was for them to kiss! :)

And you're right, there was that hug in the church in Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose. Thx for jogging my memory! :)

You are welcome and yes I'm sure, it's the very last scene on the last episode. :D The aquarium is in front but they definitely kiss each other.
Here are my recommendations. Some have already been mentioned, but I really like them too and they are a must watch if she is looking for romantic dramas with satisfactory endings. Pride Tatta Hitotsu no Koi Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku aka Summer Love Shines in Rainbow Colors Kingyo Club (sweet, young love) Love Shuffle Ohitorisama Smile Anego Sapuri Proposal Daisakusen. Must watch the special after the drama, if not feels incomplete. Kimi wa Petto Great Teacher Onizuka (1998 version, I haven't watched the remake) have some romance too. And these two movies are great too: Kimi ni Todoke Paradise Kiss Beautiful Life is romantic and beautiful, but it's very sad. Same with Koizora.
Would add Last Cinderella Good Luck Nodame Cantatible (this is more of an ensemble but she eventually gets her man) I didn't think that Anego had a particularly romantic ending - far too open. I would also say the drama was a bit ambigious about whether she liked Jin's character, she seemed far too involved with that married guy.
Just watched Love Shuffle Its a good choice if want something that isn't your typical high school romance drama.