I'm looking for any Asian dramas in which characters have to learn to accept reality as it is despite nostalgia and other factors holding them down. Mentioned character(s) can be of either gender. All suggestions are appreciated, be they Japanese or Korean (or whatever else). Thanks :)
1 Litre of Tears. Seriously this drama doesn't just show how the characters learn how to accept reality but it also gives you (the one watching) a new view on life. It's a really sad yet inspiring drama.
I second 1 Litre of Tears! And add: Tayou no uta (both movie and drama). These aren't as strong but also good: Innocent Love, Koizora and if you would like to try a taiwanese drama I would say Mars. Maybe you would also like Daisuki!, Wonderful life and Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de. Good luck :D
Inspirational dramas I can recommend: Daisuki 1 Litre of Tears Nankyoku Tairiku Non dramas: Ai wa Mieru (J-Special) Marathon (K-movie)
I don't really go out of my way to watch that kind of drama so my suggestions might seem a bit odd but they both have that inspirational tone you're talking about, it's just not the main focus of the story.
49 days
Nine
I haven't watched most of what has been mentioned, but I second Door 2 Door, MARS, and 49 Days. I'd also like to add: Beautiful Life Hitsudan Hostess Sorry, I could only come up with one drama.
If you dont mind older drama you can try to watch Konna Koi no Hanashi..its very touching and moving drama....
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Really appreciate it :) I'll check these out!