It can be an action or comedy. Things along the lines of Gokusen, Kamikaze Girls, GTO are most appreciated. Please stay away from the one where the main plot is a romance one. Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu. Mochi ^_^
well... my boss my hero (yakuza), and Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru (SP) (yankee) are on your PTW list similar to Gokusen : Misaki Number one with yankees too : Tumbling (one of my fav), and i would also suggest Kisarazu Cat's eyes though it doesn't take place at school. maybe the special : Mou Yuukai Nante Shinai (yakuza if I remember well). I would definetly recommend Ninkyo Helper (yakuza) though it may not fit your criteria. but it remains one of the J-dramas that stroke me the most.
Yankee dramas I can think of are Sugarless, Bad Boys J and Holyland (J version). There are also some films that are either yankee or yakuza oriented like Crows Zero (absolutely!), Drop and Waruboro.
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan! :)
Sleepninja wrote: Yankee-kun to Megane-chan! :)

I am watching it now, it's cool :)
Mochi_Kun wrote: I am watching it now, it's cool :)

Awesome! Glad you like it. :D
SumiTheCat wrote: well... my boss my hero (yakuza), and Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru (SP) (yankee) are on your PTW list
similar to Gokusen : Misaki Number one
with yankees too : Tumbling (one of my fav), and i would also suggest Kisarazu Cat's eyes though it doesn't take place at school.
maybe the special : Mou Yuukai Nante Shinai (yakuza if I remember well).

I would definetly recommend Ninkyo Helper (yakuza) though it may not fit your criteria. but it remains one of the J-dramas that stroke me the most.

I heard a lot about tumbling, but I didn't know it was yankee related, because my friends who were obsessed with it, had nothing to do with yankee or yakuza.
I looked at them and there are a few I would give a try :D
Sleepninja wrote: Awesome! Glad you like it. :D

It's fun, and I love Narimiya Hiroki ^_^
CheerfulSoul wrote: Yankee dramas I can think of are Sugarless, Bad Boys J and Holyland (J version).

There are also some films that are either yankee or yakuza oriented like Crows Zero (absolutely!), Drop and Waruboro.

Looks like Crows Zero is a definitive, especially with the new one hitting theaters soon. Drop is on my list as well.
I didn't hear of the dramas before so I am looking at them now :) Thanks