Looking for a lot of angst, but relatively happy ending! examples: - autumn's concerto - nice guy/the innocent man i liked the korean movie "the werewolf boy." wasnt completely happy, but not completely sad either. (cried like a baby though)... so yeah. i pretty much want something to make me bawl out of sadness while watching it, but has a fulfilling/satisfying ending! thanks for your help in advance!
in addition: i like characters with really sad pasts. ex) autumn's concerto - female lead had an abusive father ex2) nice guy/ the innocent man - male lead gives up his life after jail ex3) werewolf boy - female lead is depressed and with illness
So you want a lot of melodrama huh? Do you like long dramas? Try Loving You A Thousand Times. I found this drama absolutely horrid! I've never hated a female lead more than I hated this one ... but you might like it/her.
Golden Rainbow!!! :( It was so hard to handle all these hard breaking moments
Tree of heaven, nothing more to add, the ending wasn't that happy lol innocent man, autumn's concerto, king of baking Kim Tak Goo, last friends, God's gift ( Dong Chan has a sad past for example), secret love is more melodrama but the ending is happy so...
The Incarnation of Money Yellow Boots (this one is pretty long but trust me it's really worth it! Amazing story, amazing acting, it was flawless, I gave it 10/10) check out my review of it if you need to be convinced ;) hehe
yellow boots it was one of the best revenge and it was quick and good not like another called *cough glass mask cough* lol
Missing You/I Miss You (kdrama).
I also tend to like dramas with angsty/sad themes. I would recommend these dramas with fairly happy/satisfying endings: "Gloomy Salad Days" - I highly recommend this one. It is about death girl who haunts a school in search of souls to "build the bridge" to death. It is basically a series of intertwining stories of people who are faced with issues that have to overcome. There are some very sad moments in this and also some happy ones. This is in my top 5 favorite dramas.(Deals with abuse, rape, prostitution, etc) "Last Friends"- Jdrama about a group of friends who are dealing with past/current trauma. Each character is facing their demons and trying to overcome them. (Deals with abuse, rape, adultery, etc) "MARS"- this is probably the most similar to Autumn's Concerto.The playboy of a college falls in love with a innocent student who faced abuse from her stepfather. The Lead male is also dealing with his own personal issues. (Deals with rape, suicide, etc) LIFE-story take place in high school. It basically deals with bullying. This is also really good. I finished it in one day.
I'd recommend the following for more serious/angsty Dramas with relatively happy endings or at least not too depressing or extremely sad. I.e everyone dies XD. Sunao ni Narenakute Akai Ito Strawberry On the Shortcake Orange Days Innocent Love Nagareboshi Glass no Ie I hear your Voice Mars Kingyo Club Piece Alice in Wonder City H2
Hey Been meaning to reply to this post for a while now so been thinking up some dramas, they're mainly Korean with 1 or 2 Taiwanese too, it's stuff I watched myself and have enjoyed mainly but I hope its helpful to you. Stuff I really enjoyed Will it snow for Christmas (time jumps are a bit annoying) Shining Inheritance (a bit ambiguous ending) Summers Desire(some people hated it some liked it , I enjoyed it personally) King to hearts (something really sad happens closer to the end but it ends happily) Do re mi (movie think it still counts) Crazy for you others I didn't enjoy as much but still fit King of baking Kim Tak Goo (ending happy but open) That winter, wind blows Missing you Padam Padam(really liked this at the start then I don't know why it stopped being as enjoyable and there is stuff which I felt wasn't properly explained) Queen of the game (old) Also I'm watching Beyond the clouds which is meant to be the same I've been told it has a good ending but it's not that great at the moment. Hope this is helpful to you and if I think of more I will add them.
I didn't see anyone mention Scent of A Woman so I'm gonna recommend that for you. It's a pretty sad, angsty-type drama that you might like but it has a happy ending - well I would call it bittersweet, but I don't want to say anything else to ruin it for you.