I'd like to find dramas where the characters are all older than typical dramas, the content is more mature as well.The funnier it is the better. For example Gentleman's Dignity, Can We Love, Last Scandal and Lovers In Paris. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Hm...I would recommend Hooray for Love, it is a bit longer but really good. It deals with maturing after a divorce and finding new new meaning in life since the female lead was pretty much all obsessed with her husband. It was a more mature feeling to it and it's not a teen-school drama since all the main roles are either in their early 30's or already have kids so (35+) ^^ check it out it's with Lee Bo Young and she's awesome!
You can watch Lovers and City Hall from the same writer who wrote Lovers in Paris and Gentleman's Dignity.
Master's Sun was good too.
The Man Who Can't Get Married has forty year old leads.
It's not much of a comedy but I think that Secret Love Affair is a pretty amazing drama from what I've seen so far...
Definitely very mature and has amazing cinematography and acting, not to mention the music! If you're into classical music at all you'll absolutely love the soundtrack.
In terms of cinematography, it has a very interesting style to it that one would usually only see in movies. It appears to be very carefully crafted with a lot of thought put into it.. The style might seem a bit odd compared to the way most dramas are made, but if you admire quality work then I think you'll really like that about it.
The only think you might be a bit iffy with is the basis of the story, since it IS about an affair, and one with a 20 year age gap at that.
I suggest you don't let that get in the way of your decision to watch it though. Honestly, it's just so refreshing after watching drama after drama full of cliches and rushed plots and stereotypical characters.
It hasn't finished airing yet so I can't guarantee a great end, but so far it's one of the best dramas I've ever seen :)
i recommend coffee prince .. its an amazing drama ! :)
Dal-ja's Spring... Cute and sometimes funny. A good romance with Lee Min-ki. The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry... Honestly the comedy was lame but I was watching for Kim Beom and was not disappointed at all. :P edit-- the lead guys aren't older I guess...but the rest of the cast is.
Saigo kara nibanme no koi - quietly hilarious about love and friendship, the main characters are between 35 and 50. Around 40 - about friendship, gender roles, finding love "late" in life. The main characters are all, well, around forty. (No "skinship" in this one, if that's a requirement.) Depending on your definition of "older than typical dramas", maybe also Slow Dance, the main characters are in their mid-20s to mid-30's, some are older.
I'd suggest the three seasons of I Need Romance. I wouldn't exactly call them rom-coms, since they're more focused on the romance aspect, but they're definitely a lot maturer than regular rom-coms. You might also enjoy Queen In Hyun's Man, which is not as mature as the INR series, but there are lots of kisses. Ans lastly, I second Dal Ja's Spring :)
What i mean when i said "older than typical dramas" is around the age of 30-40. The actors themselves don't necessary need to be 30-40 years old, it can also be the character that they are portraying who is around that age.