Search

the uncanny counter

Vagabond 

Secret 

Penthouse

Defendant

children of nobody

Awaken 

( I have dropped these shows: the priest, strong woman do bong soo, come and hug me, born again, he's psychometric, watcher,  Vincenzo, player)

I prefer shows with very little comic element, and what humour there is should be tastefully put in so as to not take away the serious nature of the show. I also like happy endings. I am doctor in training and I see enough sadness and death so when I watch something, I prefer not to see these things in them. I see it enough in real life

Your recs are highly appreciated!

Flower of Evil

Mouse - don't know if it has a happy ending tho

I can hear your voice

I am NEVER going to watch Mouse! I already know the ending and will not put myself through that

As for flower of evil.....thing is I know people loved it, but I simply couldn't go beyond the first episode. Maybe I'll give it another try. Lee joongi is after all one of my faves

I forgot to mention I also dropped I can hear your voice

Kairos (it has time-altering theme)

Doctor prisoner (dark vibe)

Pearlly_M:

Kairos (it has time-altering theme)

Doctor prisoner (dark vibe)

I must have forgotten to add these to my already watched drama list :P I looooved kairos! I was actually hoping that shin sung rok would get nominated in the baeksang awards, he was phenomenal 

Pied Piper gets a bit messy at the end, but has great actors and does interesting things before that. Lucifer/The Devil is a fantastic thriller but does not have a happy ending. 38 Task Force is a fun caper-style show.

emaureeng:

Tunnel

Hmm tunnel sounds nice I think I'll give it a try, thanks!

wonhwa:

Pied Piper gets a bit messy at the end, but has great actors and does interesting things before that. Lucifer/The Devil is a fantastic thriller but does not have a happy ending. 38 Task Force is a fun caper-style show.

Messy how? Illogical messy or sad tragic messy when they kill off characters for no reason?

The Good Detective (2020) - a really good detective thriller about police investigation and a corrupt legal system

Taxi Driver (2021) - an action thriller about revenge for the victims who didn't get justice from the law; it has some humor but it definitely doesn't take away the seriousness of the drama and all the real-life events/topics each episode is inspired by

Vampirehunter007:

Messy how? Illogical messy or sad tragic messy when they kill off characters for no reason?

Not tragic messy -  just rather unbelievably over the top as the antagonist comes up with increasingly extreme plots. Until then though, it's quite good, with complicated characters and excellent acting.

emi:

The Good Detective (2020) - a really good detective thriller about police investigation and a corrupt legal system

Taxi Driver (2021) - an action thriller about revenge for the victims who didn't get justice from the law; it has some humor but it definitely doesn't take away the seriousness of the drama and all the real-life events/topics each episode is inspired by

I do plan on watching taxi driver, just waiting for it to end

The good detective is also something I've been considering. It sounds pretty good and seems to be getting another season as well. Thanks for the recs!

Vincenzo - This one perfectly fits for crime+humor

Jiminie_123987:

Vincenzo - This one perfectly fits for crime+humor

Dropped it. Not my cup of tea. Nothing against song joonki's acting but he wasn't convincing as a mafia lawyer. Also far too funny for me, I prefer my shows to be a little more serious

wonhwa:

Not tragic messy -  just rather unbelievably over the top as the antagonist comes up with increasingly extreme plots. Until then though, it's quite good, with complicated characters and excellent acting.

Hmm it sounds nice so I think I'll give it a go, thanks for the rec!