I’ve watched a few amazing Chinese crime dramas as of late & am looking for another — regardless of country of origin — that has really unexpected, satisfying plot twists and a really good mystery payoff. One specific thing I’d like to ask is that the audience doesn’t know “who did it” in the first portion of the drama and have to figure it out with the characters in real time.

Bonus if the relationships between the characters and the characters themselves are really well developed. I’d like to watch something that doesn’t have a hugeee cast &tons of locations as well, preferring it be localized to a main place & a main group of people.

Basically I’m describing A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower because that’s the inspiration for this thread. I also have the Light On series on my list. If there’s anything similar please recommend~

Flower of Evil (2020) - such a thrilling mystery drama with the perfect touch of romance!! it's a bunch of plot twists after plot twists that will definitely keep you at the edge of your seat

The Good Detective (2020) - a really good crime drama about two detective who investigate a big case about who killed who and why

My Dangerous Wife (2016) - There are good twists in every episode.

Burning Ice - absolute awesome cdrama that was done before the Light on Series- dramas came to be. In my opinion this is the best cdrama thriller ever produced. It is actually very similar to "A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower" with how the characters are all developed and connected. Highly highly highly recommend it.

Consider The Smile Has Left Your Eyes. I wouldn't call it a mystery drama exactly (even though there are several secrets and deaths / murder cases, past and present, to be unravelled) but it definitely has some twists. Spoilers for the big twist are everywhere (there have been a few adaptations of this story and everyone has strong opinions on how the different versions handle it) so I would avoid reading the comment section. There's romance, melodrama, a bit of action, and a bit of crime / mystery. It's Seo In Guk's best role IMO (he had me rooting for a pretty dark character) and I personally thought the ending was fairly satisfying. 

• Tunnel
  • Voice
  • Signal
  • Maou
  • He is psychometric
  • Ryusei no kizuna
  • Suspicious partner (it has romance which was not the best but the mystery part was very good)
  • Hello Monster
  • The Quiz show 2
  • N no tame ni
  • The Ghost
  • Nobody knows
 Lou:

Burning Ice - absolute awesome cdrama that was done before the Light on Series- dramas came to be. In my opinion this is the best cdrama thriller ever produced. It is actually very similar to "A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower" with how the characters are all developed and connected. Highly highly highly recommend it.

I’m watching this one now! Honestly I have to remind myself ‘this is just a show’ like all the time because I find it pretty scary ? but it’s so good! I rly like the main detective so much which is interesting considering how scary I find him in The Bad Kids