My grandmother passed away recently and as much as I love the really good, unique dramas coming out, they're a lot to process for me right now. I was hoping to get suggestions for some cliche, trope-filled dramas that are still fun to watch despite the eye-rolling plots and absurdity. I'm talking all the worst cliches. Give me your amnesia stories, secret identity flicks. Split personalities, overbearing CEOs, ML/FL with 'x' physical/psychological illness. All of it. Stuff you don't have to think about. Dramas like those are my guilty pleasure when I'm having a rough time.

Genre doesn't matter much, but something that's not dark would be preferred. I regularly watch Thai, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean and Chinese dramas, so anything is fine. Thanks in advance!

Renai Mangaka seems to fit the bill. I'm sorry for your loss, btw.

Destined to Love You: secret identity, lots of eye candy

Intense Love: cute romance of a couple who were arranged to be together who end up falling for one another

It Started with a Kiss: one of my favorite TW-dramas; full of tropes: cohabitation, unrequited love at the beginning, etc.

Legend of Yunxi: addictively fun; definitely one you have to turn your brains off for

Miss Truth: this writing is a mess and so are the cases, but the romance is interesting and got so many people heated over the love triangle

The Romance of Hua Rong: light-hearted romance that starts out as hate into a romance

Hi! Please rest well and take good  care of yourself. Here are my suggestions :

• Eulachacha Waikiki (very funny, bubbly drama)
  • My First First (love the atmosphere, fun to watch)
  • Touch your Heart (cliché trope but so heartwarming to watch, cute couple, funny scenes)
  • The Legend of the Blue Sea (unique storyline with funny and lovable characters)
  • Love with Flaws

First of all, I give you all my support, I wish you the best <3

For you request, I have seen plennnty of dramas that can fit : No "big" sad moment and no (at all) heavy subjects just cuteness, lovely and cheesy things 

Do you like BL ? If you don't mind about it, these can fit your criteria:

Sorry to hear. 

Maybe these are ok:

Miss Granny    

Sweet 18    

My Secret Romance   

I am so sorry for your loss, please take care of yourself. Maybe try:

Because of Meeting You

Boss and Me

Eternal Love and its various sequels

Falling into Your Smile

Hana Kimi / To the Beautiful You