This is a somewhat unusual request but what are some dramas where the female lead is put in an extremely unfair or unbearable situation which she is very hurt by and really contemplates doing something bad/turning evil/going to the 'dark side' but ultimately resists? 

To clarify, I think I have a soft spot for some second female leads because I see this happening to them, especially in historical dramas - bad things keep happening to them and they ultimately turn evil in large part as a product of their circumstances. On the other hand, female leads generally fall into 1 or 2 categories. One, they are never really put into those circumstances where they are forced to make difficult choices. Two, it might be unfair for them but they are so pure/saintly/kind that they never ever feel hurt and just forgive everyone.  

I think it is really unrealistic not to get hurt if you are in a hurtful situation. It's not a bad thing to have emotions, it is how you deal with them. I would like a drama that demonstrates that. 

Any genre or country is fine, thank you! 

My name (I think so.)