SO... I have seen a TON of historical dramas... but particularly looking for a drama where the FL marries the ML maybe into a harem or palace filled with political intrigue and the ML is NOT head over heels in love with the FL at first... he may even love someone else at first BUT slowly falls in love with the FL or the FL wins him over slowly. 

Also BONUS if the ML actually kind of lowkey despises the FL because of her parent/affiliation with someone in power, etc. Or just because he is "forced" to choose her...

I'm partial to Chinese historicals but will definitely watch Korean, Thai, etc. 

I love arranged/forced/political alliance marriages, harems, political intrigues,  MLs that can be tough/cold/a bit harsh.... and more LOL

Let me know! I've seen MANY dramas... but here are my favorite CHINESE and KOREAN historicals! 

You have watched a lot of dramas! I'm sorry I can't help you, because there is nothing on my list that you haven't watched. (That is unless you want to try a Japanese drama, but I have never watched one with a harem/palace. Gunshi Kanbei is a great one though, it has political intrigue and a smart ML.) I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your lists. I started Legend of Mi Yue today.

Just Weirdo Me:
a drama where the FL marries the ML maybe into a harem or palace filled with political intrigue and the ML is NOT head over heels in love with the FL at first

From your PTW list:

From your dropped list:

Lily_B:

You have watched a lot of dramas! I'm sorry I can't help you, because there is nothing on my list that you haven't watched. (That is unless you want to try a Japanese drama, but I have never watched one with a harem/palace. Gunshi Kanbei is a great one though, it has political intrigue and a smart ML.) I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your lists. I started Legend of Mi Yue today.

thank you! Glad you found something to watch... that drama is long but SO worth the journey! fabulous acting and amazingly complicated characters and storylines! ?

AH :

From your PTW list:

From your dropped list:

Thanks! Usually "funny" is not my favorite and then gender-swap/role reversal dramas are also rarely a fun watch for me but both of those (especially Mr. Queen) I probably will give a go eventually!! ?

Lily_B:

actually also added the J-Drama to my list! I don't think I've ever watched a Japanese Historical!!! 

I would love some recommendations too! This is one of my favorite tropes as well! 

I don’t think I saw rebel princess on your list though. I thought that was pretty good. 

Loverofdramas_90:

I don’t think I saw rebel princess on your list though. I thought that was pretty good. 

thank you! I really really liked Rebel Princess!