mum posted this over on her thread, but I reckon this could do with it's own little spot, so I'm taking the liberty to repost here..... ^^

absOmma wrote: Hi, hi here I am. It's been sort of a funny weekend and I've only really just got back onto the computer. How you all doing? I haven't been able to watch any Kdrama for the last few days so I'm freaking out a bit but it's okay I'm back to normal for a while.

So tomorrow ab's and I get to watch a few more eps of Personal Taste. Yipppppppy. But I would like to know if anyone has any suggest as to what might be good to watch next? I've enjoyed the romcom but I'm not wanting to get "stuck" in those, so suggestions please!!!
Don't take me down the whole weepy thing though, so please no gut wrenching, soul searching historical dramas I don't want to end up with big red bleary eyes all the time.
My recommendation for your next drama would be:
City Hall

because
â?¢ it's got a slightly older cast
â?¢ Cha Seung Won

â?¢ it's funny
â?¢ erm, Cha Seung Won

â?¢ it's got enough romance to keep it rolling nicely, but the story is well thought through and interesting
â?¢ oh, and let's not forget - Cha Seung Won......
I just went through my list.. and here are some of the one I would recommend, there are romcoms, melodrama's, action, and medical in the list... And they are all Korean Drama's, if you weren't really wanting Historical or Romance, Japanese drama's would probably be a better route.

Bad Guy-Got some really good action, kind of a melodrama, and nice eye candy.
I Am Legend-A TOTAL chick type drama. It's about a "middle age" woman, becoming independent again, and of course music.
Oh! My Lady- A RomCom, with the very gorgeous Choi SiWon.
Pasta- Another Romcom
Poseidon-An action flick with the very gorgeous Choi SiWon, and it is pretty good, it keeps you guessing.
Powerful Opponents- A Romcom/Action type, its better than it sounds when you read the description.
Secret Garden- A REALLLLLY funny Romance type
Sign-A medical investigation drama.
The Greatest Love- While it is a romance drama, its very very funny.. and of course Cha Seung Won
Hmmm I haven't completed it yet, but people raved over IRIS

Here is the page for it.

The synopsis is as follows:

Kim Hyun Joon and Jin Sa Woo are best friends who were brought into a top secret organization known as NSS by analyst Choi Seung Hee and Park Sang Hyun. Hyun Joon and Sa Woo both fall in love with Seung Hee when she first profiles them. Their lives are changed forever when Hyun Joon is given a solo mission in Hungary. Hyun Joon later tries to find out who set him up and to figure out what IRIS is and wants.

These two are in the main roles:

Lee Byung Hyun

Jung Jun Ho

And TOP is in it as well

What? No weepy Sauguks? (Historicals) You're missing out on The Princess' man! Oh well..I think you may just work up to it someday. And I bet you can guess by now but all Kdramas have a bit of weeping in them. There's no avoiding that! Abs couldn't have made a better recommendation: The City Hall is an amazing drama! The leads have a chemistry that is smokin', it is both very comical and includes a GREAT love story!

Here are my recommendations:

My Name is Kim Sam Soon: Kim Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah) is a baker who has a talent in making pastries and cakes. On Christmas Eve, she caught her boyfriend, Min Hyun Woo (Lee Kyu Han), cheating on her and breaks up on the same night. On that same night, she accidentally went into the men's restroom and met Hyun Jin Hun (Hyun Bin), a somewhat callous fellow but sometimes considerate guy. By sheer coincidence, Jin Hun needs a baker for his restaurant Bon Appetit and Sam Soon is unemployed. Sam Soon is hired as the restaurant's chief baker and the two fights like cat and dog. Nevertheless, they started to have feeling for each other and Sam Soon agreed to post as Jin Hun's girlfriend so his mother would leave him alone. Things got complicated when Jin Hun's ex-girlfriend Yoo Hee Jin came back from the States intending to win him back. - Dramawiki She's plucky, hilarious, tough and sticks up for herself! This show is both really funny and tender as well. Plus it has Hyun Bin. Which is always a very good thing!

Coffee Prince: This is a show that is a cut above! I cannot recommend this drama highly enough! I promise you, you will not regret one single moment of watching this drama. The acting, the plot, the funny and sweet moments. It is not overly weepy! It tells it's story in this really human, funny and emotional way. The whole cast is wonderful and the leads have amazing chemistry. There are a lot of Kdramas out there...This one is in the handful of my very favorite dramas ever! ever ever!
I agree with Secret Garden, Bad Guy and Coffee Prince

I know you don't want to watch weepy saeguks but The Princess' Man is a MUST watch..i hope you would reconsider lol..

Another weepy one (although not a saeguk) would be King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu...not because it'll make you cry but because the plot and the cast is brilliant