darkn3ss:

Im so confused I can’t keep the names straight at this point !

True even as former alp watcher it's confusing for sure might need a rewatch 

Why was the God realm closed?

In Shen Yin, the God realm was closed when Bai Jue was reborn. The reason for that is the new reborn True God had "low" spiritual power at "birth". Thus the God realm was closed to use its energy to nurture the new True God (meaning Bai Jue). The God realm was closed for 1000 years for this reason. In The Last Immortal, it was said that the God realm was closed because Yuan Qi's mother mourned for her husband Di Juan. 

In the novel, the closing of God realm marked with the disappearance of the Sky support Stone tower which was located at the border of immortal and demon realm. It is also the connection to the God realm. Without this Stone tower, only god could go to god realm.

Figure 1. The Sky Support Stone where the names of god, demi-god or high level devine people were recorded. (in ALP, eps 18 and eps 32)

In the novel Shang Gu, it is said that when a True God died, Chief God would unlock the Spritual devine pool (Yuan Chen Pool) in God realm to ask for the creation of new True God. This pool was where Shang Gu kneeled for 500 years in ALP. However, in the novel it's said that once the Chief God unlocked the pool, the new True God would be created in 1000 years. Shang Gu actually kneeled for 10 years in the book. Then she was injured by the ancestral God. At the same time the spiritual vein of the pool was activated/awaken and notified the new True God would come in 990 years. Maybe, because of Shang Gu's praying, Bai Jue was reborn just in 100 years later. That could be one of the reason the God realm was closed since Bai Jue was "formed" or incubated in much shorter time than usual process. He needed more intensive nurture by the God realm. 

P/s: with regard to your question @darkn3ss 

I like how she suffered 500 years (still not a huge number considering their actual ages) more in alp instead of the mediocre years in novel lol very rare for a fl character to yearn after her lover usually it's always male leads in xianxia 

Arbaz Akhtar:

I like how she suffered 500 years (still not a huge number considering their actual ages) more in alp instead of the mediocre years in novel lol very rare for a fl character to yearn after her lover usually it's always male leads in xianxia 

Bai Jue had suffered 60 000 years + 1000 years of splitting his body. Thus, Shang Gu's 500 years of kneeling is pretty lighter than his.

BTW, according to the novel, when Shang Gu started kneeling, Tian Qi didn't want to see it. He took the excuse of visiting Yuan Qi to leave God realm. During this meeting, Yuan Qi asked his uncle when his power of chaos would be unsealed. Tian Qi said when he faced the life being that created unbearble tribulation, his power would be unsealed. Tian Qi hoped that day would came as slow as possible. 

In the novel, it was only about 100 years since that meeting until his powered was unseal. It was the same time as Bai Jue was reborn.  By that time, he was above 200 years old

I always felt that it was sad that we got quite cheated of seeing their family of three together. But it seems to me that this family is clearly never gonna be in the same place together. What with their son not being able to visit or neither is wife and I bet their grandkid can’t either. I wonder what else they just be doing over there in god realm 😂 how about having another kid 😂 

I always felt that it was sad that we got quite cheated of seeing their family of three together. But it seems to me that this family is clearly never gonna be in the same place together. What with their son not being able to visit or neither is wife and I bet their grandkid can’t either. I wonder what else they just be doing over there in god realm 😂 how about having another kid 😂 

darkn3ss:

For those Gods, they knew that the more privilage they got, the more responsibilities they had to take. Tian Qi once told Yuan Qi that in the world, wether God, immortal, demon or ordinary people, whatever you had, you would have to return. Therefore, I think it is reasonable that in ALP, Shang Gu, before disappearance, she said she wished to be normal person, so that she could have been next to him (eps 16). This line was not in the novel

Novel Yuan Qi is much smarter than drama Yuan Qi

In the novel, Yuan Qi, A Yin encountered the attack by ghost force when they were in Daze Mountain once. Therefore, they awared of the presence of ghost element. Since A Yin's health detoriated quickly, Yuan Qi brought her to Zi Yue to ask Bi Bo. It was fire 3 headed dragon helped him to make the pill for A Yin. This shorten process consumed significant amount of his spritual power which also linked to the seal of ghost realm and weakened the seal. 

When Yuan Qi and Ah Yin returned to Daze Mountain, all the sect was destroyed. Yan Shang and Qing Y were unconscious and Hong Yi was captured and kept in the Divine lock tower. Yuan Qi inspected Hong Yi and found the trace of ghost power on his body but he didn't let other people know. He ordered the thunder strike to punish Hong Yi which would reveal the embeded ghost power/spirit in his body . It would prove Hong Yi's innociene. So, his action and calculation in the novel was much smarter than in the drama. In the drama, his intention was announced so that Hua Mu could react and push the ghost power/spirit out of Hong Yi.  

And in the novel, Hong Yi could only get rid of the ghost power when he adsorbed the internal pill of Cheng Qin (or Hong Ruo in the drama) to promote to God. 

Obviously Chinese creators love making smart chars dumber in adaptations this isn't the first time 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Obviously Chinese creators love making smart chars dumber in adaptations this isn't the first time 

And they made Feng Ran (or Feng Yuan) invisible/disappea/useless until Feng Yin woke up. 

In the novel Feng Yin and A Yin had different appearance 

In the drama, Zhao Lusi performed both roles then they look similar.

In the novel, Feng Yin and A Yin had different faces and expression. A Yin was young, innocent. On the other hand, Feng Yin was mature, cold and distant. Feng Yin had very sad eyes. When she was happy or smiling, then Yuan Qi felt her eyes familiar, similar to A Yin's eyes. 

In the novel, only Wu Xi, the man at the wutong tree in the Fox clan's country recognized that Feng Yin used to be A Yin based on the piece of her soul. He told this to Feng Yuan. On the other hand Feng Yin didn't share her past with her tutor - Feng Yuan

Similarity between Yuan Qi and his father (Bai Jue)

In the novel, it was said that when Yuan Qi was a kid, he looked very similar to his father, Bai Jue. When Shang Gu, Yuan Qi and his uncle (Tian Qi) returned to God realm, all the gods, godess were shocked when they saw Yuan Qi standing next to his mother. When he grew up, the similarity became less, he also had some features from his mom.

Althought his character was similar to his mother when he was a kid, when he was mature, his character was more resemble to his father: both of them always tried to protect their lovers, willing to sacrifice for their love ones. 

Since both of them were true god, they had responsiblity to protect the three realms, to make sure the sustainability of the three realms (mortal, immortal and demon realm). In the end, both of them sacrificed themselves to protect the three realms.

Both of them died for their lovers. Bai Jue replaced Shang Gu to save the whole universe from the Chaos Tribulation. Yuan Yi used all of his power to resurrect Daze Sect and its belonging in order to wash out A Yin's feeling of guity. 

Both of them "hatched" their love ones. Shang Gu sacrificed in the great Chaos tribulation about 60000 years before Yuan Qi was born. She was supposed to died, disappear completely. Bai Jue saved her by sealing the Chaos Tribulation with his fundamental power base. He spent a few tens thousand years to collect Shang Gu's soul which was dispersed. Then he nurtured her soul and she was hatched. Yuan Qi found the egg of water beast and he tried to hatch it. 

Yuan Qi and his father - Bai Jue

Yuan Qi, his mother Shang Gu and  his uncle (Tian Qi) (when they returned to God Realm)

True Gods' divine beasts 

In Ancient Love Poetry, each true god had a divine beast. 

• Bai Jue's divine beast was Hongri - a fire divine lion
  • Tian Qi's divine beast was Zi Han - a dragon
  • Although it was not mentioned in ALP but in the novel Shen Yin, Yuan Qi said that Zhi Yang's divine beast was a turtle

For those "normal" true gods, they could choose the divine beast themselve. However, for Chief God who had chaos power, the ancestral God ordered to select fire phoenix as divine beast. Therefore, in ALP, Bai Jue told Shang Gu to go to Phoenix Clan to select her divine beast which should be the fire phoenix - the empress of phoenix clan. Due to the love affair between Fire Phoenix and Wu Xi, later Shang Gu chose Wu Hoan as her divine beast, a 5 colored phoenix (a low class phoenix). The divine beast is not supposed to be their flying carrier. The divine beast is the personal assistant for the true god. 

From a kid, Yuan Qi knew that Feng Yin would be his divine beast. In the book, in his birthday party, he reminded the fact that as God having chaos power, fire phoenix was appointed as his divine beast. He declared the fact about true gods' divine beasts when Hong Mi brought proposal gift to Feng Yin, reminding Hong Ruo and Feng Yuan's promise about marriage  between Hong Ruo - nephew (Hong Yi) and Feng Yuan's successor (Feng Yin) on the banquet to celebrate Feng Yin's nivana.  

Ming Qi (Tthe Last Immotal) is Xuan Yi (Ancient Love Poetry)

In TLI, Ming Qi is the true God of ghost realm who had ghost power. However, in the original story, Shen Yin, the name of True ghost God is Xuan Yi. He is the only person who could resurrect Yuan Qi. In the original novel, Xuan Yi was born just after Zhi Yang by the ancestral God. Since birth he was considered ghost. Ghost creatures were not acknowledged and treated equally as orther living creatures such as demons or immortal. He accepted his fate and guard the ghost realm which was sealed by Tian Qi. When Yuan Qi used his soul and the power of the sword to repair the lock and sealed the ghost realm, his soul was dispersed. It was Zhi Yang who came to ghost realm to persuade Xuan Yi to come out and save Yuan Qi. Technically, he could cross the seal easily. The purpose of the seal is to confine the devil ghost creatures inside it. Later he saw that fate could be changed by people (Yuan Qi and Feng Yin). Thus he helped Yuan Qi's piece of soul which was trapped in the Fire Phoenix Jade resurrect. It took 1000 years for Yuan Qi to nuture his soul and return. In return his favor, Bai Jue and Shang Gu promise to help Xuan Yi to make all the creatures equal.

In the original book Shang Gu which was adapted to Ancient love poetry, Xuan Yi was not mentioned. However, the script writters took Xuan Yi character from Shen Yin and adapted him in the plot of ALP.  In ALP, Xuan Yi was first born as True God of Chaos Power. He had been chosen to be Chief God. However, just before the official promotion, he discovered the fate and responsibility of Chief God that he had to sacrifice his life to terminate the Chaos Tribulation. He rebelled and exciled in the Ghost realm, becoming ghost God.

Xuan Yi (ALP)
 TurboMuffin:

do you know their level of powers? I'm not sure that the book had much info of the difference in levels

besides Immortals , Demi God and God , afterwhich anyone who achieve God hood ascends into God Realm.

In other cultivation novels usually it's Foundation, then Golden Core then Nascent Soul then God etc

TLI seems to establish A yin at Foundation and Gu Jin at Junior Immortal . 

Is Feng Yuan/Feng Ran a god already but just on duty at Immortal Realm before she returns to God Realm??

at the end when Hua Shu was Demi God, her powers were only 1/100 000 of Xuan Yi Demon God. 

Please tell feng ran reunite with her love intrest