I think it would come in handy if we could get some sort of notification if a new drama or movie is added to a favourite actor's profile. 

E.g. we can currently heart/like an actor on their profile but it doesn't really seem to have any purpose. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but maybe we could have a list somewhere with the actors that we liked with a notification when someone is added to an upcoming drama or movie.

217votes
^This. I've had this idea for a while. Perhaps it could go in the feeds. Subscribe to an actor, and you get notifications of any new dramas/movies/(articles?) that are relevant to him/her
Ah yes, I hadn't thought of the feeds for that, but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe with an option to display only those posts, so they don't get lost amidst all of the user updates.
Maybe also for if you watched a show and then they make a sequel for it. So if you have it on your list somewhere then they make a sequel, you could get some kind of notification. One time I decided to go back to this one show I loved from a few years back and then I realized that they made sequels now.
Love this idea. I always check an actor's profile to see if there is something new he/she is working on. So, if we are to be notified that's much better.
waiting for this to happen. :)

I want to vote, but apparently I have insufficient point? How do I get a point?

Stella Vessalius:

I want to vote, but apparently I have insufficient point? How do I get a point?

Just be on the site weekly.

Ji-N:

Just be on the site weekly.

Okay, thankyou :)

I had the same idea while trying to find what purpose the hearts could have , except the ranking of actors on the website. Would totally love this function! 

I saw someone else had a similar suggestion post to yours, and thought you would like to see it.

And I agree with what you said!!

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/33047-follow-an-actor-actress

risingsun:

I think it would come in handy if we could get some sort of notification if a new drama or movie is added to a favourite actor's profile. 

E.g. we can currently heart/like an actor on their profile but it doesn't really seem to have any purpose. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but maybe we could have a list somewhere with the actors that we liked with a notification when someone is added to an upcoming drama or movie.

I love this idea, please add the feature soon.