I would appreciate my drama list so much more if it said "mon,tue" instead of "airing" on my list. I'm older and don't remember what days my shows air on so I always have to double check to see if it is today or not.
34votes
But this is an easy fix that I am asking for. I know it is only saving me one click, but I really really want it.

two and a half years later I vote yes too

I know it isn't perfected just yet (really, no feature on here is), but https://mydramalist.com/episode-calendar has the "MY LIST" option and on each you can just tap-it shows everything in your list: currently watching, airing, and on hold. It might be the place you want to hover instead of your watchlist. 

ETA: From the calendar, you can tap the little pencil box on each listing to update your progress, post something in your feed, rate it, etc-all you can do from the big box directly beside the title in your watchlist, the one that pops up when you first add something to your list. You're less likely, if you are like me and watch several shows through the week and don't have the most precise touchpad/screen/mouse cursor, to end up tapping the wrong + button to update the episode count (and it eliminates the weird lag I experience between hitting + and it showing the right episode count and "success."

You could also put the day it airs in your notes-I've done that before. In your watchlist, hit the edit tab (or on the page where it says "Add to list" the box with viewing status, eps watched, rating etc pops up)-at the bottom is a box for "Notes" and on your watchlist you just have to click "view notes" to see all the days...