Many members of MDL have for now gigantic drama lists and most mine friends have already at least big lists.

For user itself and her/his friends would be a lot easier to navigate in them if we had similar to http://mydramalist.com/shows/top , yet bit different search feature on our profile Drama List page for dramas in personal lists.

It only needs just different boxes for checking:

1.section:

All

Currently Watching

Completed

On Hold

Plan to Watch

Dropped

2. section:

Country / option all included

Year / option all included

Type / option all included

Score / option all included

3.section:

Genres

Keyword

With checking then what you want find - you can create outcome in blink of eye.

This makes recommending easy and can help in many more ways, like sorting out all movies or specials in easy way a.s.o.

What you think? Would this be helpful to you ? Does we need it?

43votes
Just so I don't get your suggestion wrong, are you talking about the personal lists we can create (with favourite actors, movies and so on) or our general drama list (completed, ptw and so on)?
Our general list on profile, not selfmade lists.  
General lists are what grow to be gigantic....even mine completed list has now  433 titles already and it is starting to be hard to handle if i need some info from it.
And PtW list is like pain to use when i want  something for watching...it is easier to go and ask recommendations from other people.
And soon  mine On Hold list grows to be useless same way.

I agree with Raincat, that searching through our long PTW lists is impractical. I use MDL mainly to keep track of what I watched and what I want to watch next. It should be a lot easier to search for the Chinese drama on my PTW list with the highest rating, for example. But at the moment, you can only sort for one thing, country, and then scroll down and see for yourself if it is a drama/movie or what rating it has. Very time consuming.

On goodreads they solve this problem by adding a button "select multiple". Then you could choose country, rating, type, etc. that you want to search for and sort through the results.

ohmyseoul:

I agree with Raincat, that searching through our long PTW lists is impractical. I use MDL mainly to keep track of what I watched and what I want to watch next. It should be a lot easier to search for the Chinese drama on my PTW list with the highest rating, for example. But at the moment, you can only sort for one thing, country, and then scroll down and see for yourself if it is a drama/movie or what rating it has. Very time consuming.

On goodreads they solve this problem by adding a button "select multiple". Then you could choose country, rating, type, etc. that you want to search for and sort through the results.

It's not exactly what the OP was suggesting, but you can sort by multiple columns in the current PTW list by using Shift + Click.

It's a little hard to get the order right though. To get the highest rated Chinese drama in PTW list, what I would do is click sort on Score first, then Shift+Click on sort for Country, then Shift+Click on sort for Type. You'll have to scroll to China and find the first item for China, but it should then be sorted by score and segregated by type. 

Bumping this because its a great idea and I neeeeeeed it

Love this idea. It will save me a lot of time and make choose what to watch so much easier. 

bumping this again because i went on my watchlist and was about to search for a tag on my PTW before I remembered I can't actually do this T_T