The default setting is currently female if you decide to not choose a gender. And other than that you only get a choice between male and female when their are currently a plethora of genders out there today as people continue to explore themselves. 
I'm not really asking to add every alternative gender as an option as that may be hectic, but a simple "Other" would suffice. 
I myself do not identify as male or female much but would choose female over male. That being said, I prefer choosing something like "Other", "Non-Binary", or just having the option to hide it. 
258votes
Comments for this suggestion are now closed. Please vote for this suggestion if it's something you'd like to see on MDL.
Sleepninja unlocked this Sep 9, 2020 09:54 pm

Like I said in other similar suggestions, it's a good one. Please, implement this, if possible. Those who already have an account on the website can just get a notification saying to edit this info if needed. I don't know how hard is it from coding perspective tho. Since the suggestion is from 2017 I assume it's not an easy task. 

The suggestions with high priority are getting done first, so let's get this to 100+ votes! 

Aside from non-binary gender options, it's great to add a custom option where people can write whatever they want and also have a choice of pronouns She/Her, He/Him, They/Them, Ze/Hir, Ze/Zir, Per/Pers, Ey/Em, Xe/Xem, etc.  + custom. 

I was redirected to this discussion from here, since that topic was closed because it was a "duplicate". However, that topic is about users and actors, not just about users, like this one. 

We really need a third option for gender on actors' bio pages. As it is now, there is only "male" or "female", which makes it impossible not to misgender a nonbinary or agender actor. 

-Aprillen-:

I was redirected to this discussion from here, since that topic was closed because it was a "duplicate". However, that topic is about users and actors, not just about users, like this one. 

We really need a third option for gender on actors' bio pages. As it is now, there is only "male" or "female", which makes it impossible not to misgender a nonbinary or agender actor. 

Yes, agree. We need it for actors too! 

Yes, please implement this ASAP ?

Up? Some users are really uncomfortable with lack of correct gender options

-Aprillen-:

yes!!!

Upping this, because I just came across an actor who's openly agender and it was upsetting to see they were listed as male on their bio and couldn't be changed.  MDL really needs at least the option to choose "nonbinary" in the profiles (MDL members and actors) for the people that identify as so.

Yes, this is important- keep on voting !!