On MyAnimeList, each user has this section on their profile that shows how many shows are shared between you and them.

And when you click on the x shared part, each user's scores will be shown and compared: 

https://myanimelist.net/shared.php?u1=PekiN&u2=i_stan_exo

This suggestion is kind of similar to this thread but that suggestion doesn't show the total number of shared dramas.

38votes

this is a decent idea. but MAL recognizes their affinity as close to worthless. 

and MDL does not have stats yet for this to be even close to be considered

dont get me wrong i thought this was interesting on MAL 10 eyars ago when i first joined but u quickly realize its useless. 

Why is useless?
You can find user with similar tastes as yours

not accurate. 

esp when mdl has zero stats. 

I think the 'Unique to user A' part would be useful for checking out users' watchlists, especially if we had a button to hide all entries already watched by us on someone's list and sift them out in order to look out for something unwatched. The affinity could work as an extra collumn that would show our rating next to user's rating for comparison (but I see little use for that since people are using different scales).

I really like the way goodreads solves this: If you go on a user's profile page, you can click "compare books" and it gives you a nice graphic showing how many of your books you have in common, below follows a list of the ratings comparison of these books. Then it shows you 20 books of the other user you don't have in your list and asks if you want to add them. I would really like something like this on MDL, too!

ohmyseoul:

I really like the way goodreads solves this: If you go on a user's profile page, you can click "compare books" and it gives you a nice graphic showing how many of your books you have in common, below follows a list of the ratings comparison of these books. Then it shows you 20 books of the other user you don't have in your list and asks if you want to add them. I would really like something like this on MDL, too!

Sounds interesting! 

bannie:

this is a decent idea. but MAL recognizes their affinity as close to worthless. 

and MDL does not have stats yet for this to be even close to be considered

dont get me wrong i thought this was interesting on MAL 10 eyars ago when i first joined but u quickly realize its useless. 

3 years later, is it still "not even close to be considered"? I just want to know if it's worth voting for this or rather a waste of a vote ^^'
Thanks in advance!

I think this is a great idea, I hope more people vote for this so it becomes closer to being implemented.