I mentioned this in another thread, but I am going to go ahead and make it an official suggestion. Ever since the admins of MDL have opened up free suggestions, there has been a HUGE AMOUNT of suggestions pouring in to limit and force unnecessarily strict rules onto others simply because some members get personally bothered or annoyed by the way others use MDL. It has gotten to the point where it is kind of ridiculous. My proposed suggestion is not  for a rule at all. It is simply for a note to be added to the forums, encouraged to read. In it, it would ask that before any suggestion is made, the person pauses and thinks about if their suggestion would actually be helpful and beneficial to the whole MDL community or if it is just a personal request about something they don't particurily like or are annoyed by. Everyone would still be allowed to suggest what they want, but hopefully they would take the time to read and consider if their suggestion is helpful, not just to them, but everyone.

11votes

you make a great point.  i come from a large family and i'm a mom.  often when you're dealing with a large group of people you have to ask yourself "what is the goal?"

The goal of MDL, or so it has always seemed to me,  is to be a friendly community for people with a common interest to exchange information and ideas. 

different people might achieve that goal in different ways, but as long as the goal is achieved there's nothing to be gained from telling people their way is wrong.