Add CANCELLED to drama status list

This discussion has been closed.

There are dramas that have been cancelled even though they already released their covers, trailers, sometimes even the first few episodes. Instead of deleting these dramas from mdl database, I think there should be a "cancelled" status that should be added to the drama status list (airing, finished airing, not yet aired).

21votes

That's a good suggestion but just removing them like they have been cuts down on extra db space, right?

I do agreed on this.

CherryBunny:

That's a good suggestion but just removing them like they have been cuts down on extra db space, right?

What do you mean>

I was just thinking that the larger the db, of course the larger the site is, thus the more expensive. Some games I used to play would always ask us players to delete the objects we weren't using to cut down on the db bloat for that reason. It might not be a problem at all here on MDL, though, especially now with donations. I just mentioned it in case it was. I personally think adding a cancelled tag a good idea, though. (*^_^*)

CherryBunny:

I was just thinking that the larger the db, of course the larger the site is, thus the more expensive. Some games I used to play would always ask us players to delete the objects we weren't using to cut down on the db bloat for that reason. It might not be a problem at all here on MDL, though, especially now with donations. I just mentioned it in case it was. I personally think adding a cancelled tag a good idea, though. (*^_^*)

Ohhh that! :D I get it, I didn't take that into consideration because I thought that there aren't that many cancelled dramas and mdl probably has enough space since they introduced Filipino database recently. I think. Not sure.

There probably aren't so it probably wouldn't make a big difference.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

The problem is that people might rate, review them, and users would constantly be trick when scrolling through actors' lists to click on the page, only to find that it is cancelled. Also, there are some dramas that has not even managed to film or cast the actors, those pages would be useless.

Database size wouldn't be an issue. Hessa does have a good point in that it'd be annoying to stumble upon them in the actors page. Though I think Jin can make it where it wouldn't appear on the actors page. 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Skye-N-Rain:

Database size wouldn't be an issue. Hessa does have a good point in that it'd be annoying to stumble upon them in the actors page. Though I think Jin can make it where it wouldn't appear on the actors page. 

There need to be a criteria. Maybe only allow canceled titles that have filmed, produced posters or trailer. The others where no actors accept the role and there was no production at all are useless pages.

Hessa:

There need to be a criteria. Maybe only allow canceled titles that have filmed, produced posters or trailer. The others where no actors accept the role and there was no production at all are useless pages.

Yeah I'm talking about those dramas that already have produced posters, trailers and cast actors. Soulmates was one of them. Also there were hundreds of comments related to it that are now deleted. 

I'm sure Jin could make that you can't rate cancelled dramas or add them to your lists.

What we will do is make it where it wont appear in search,  actor page and  wont be able to add or rate. It's just a page for  information. 

Ji-N:

What we will do is make it where it wont appear in search,  actor page and  wont be able to add or rate. It's just a page for  information. 

Yes, thank you!!

This has been implemented, the suggestion can be locked :)