I've learned recently I'm limited to how many people I can block. It's 30.

I'm asking to expand how many people can be blocked due to the fact I don't want to have to keep unblocking someone to block another person. I would say raise the limit to 100?

It's just my first time ever seeing a block list number being that low. 

Thanks! :)

86votes

Found your post on Page 4. You're not alone with this request!

I'd realllly like to have the ability to block more people!

Ohhh!!! I didn't even know about the block option. Silly me! Like, I think I didn't even see the need to block someone on MDL. But thanks for the info! ^^

I haven't needed this feature, but I think it's a safety feature and should be top priority!

You have my votes. I use the block list for people who post drama spoilers in comments and don't hide them even though they were kindly asked to do so or those who pick a fight in comments regularly. The current limit of 30 is too low in my opinion. 

Take my votes! I've reached the limit and keep having to choose who to remove when I need to add another troll to the list. 

2 years later and it's still being requested!!

Still an issue, folks. Blocking prevents me from engaging with a**holes so it annoys me that there's a limit for no good reason.

Is there a reason the number isn't unlimited?

Buannaiche:

Is there a reason the number isn't unlimited?

My first thought is server capacity or something like that 

Ivy:

My first thought is server capacity or something like that 

Could be, but isn't it possible to save capacity by removing inactive/dead threads, old news articles or other outdated stuff for example? It really shouldn't be an issue when it comes to blocking problematic users. 

moonchild:

Could be, but isn't it possible to save capacity by removing inactive/dead threads, old news articles or other outdated stuff for example? It really shouldn't be an issue when it comes to blocking problematic users. 

Possible, but not a good idea.  Users look at old threads and articles all the time.  They shouldn't be deleted.

I doubt that server capacity is the issue anyway, but only the admins know for sure.