mjf314:

Possible, but not a good idea.  Users look at old threads and articles all the time.  They shouldn't be deleted.

I doubt that server capacity is the issue anyway, but only the admins know for sure.

When I said inactive threads I meant for example forum games that get new threads once the previous one got too long. Some have 5 threads or more and I think no one needs thread #1-4 when #5 is the only one you're needing for actually playing. 

But yes, that's only relevant when server capacity is really the issue here. 

Looks like we finally got this? I definitely have more than 30 people on my list now.

Ivy:

Looks like we finally got this? I definitely have more than 30 people on my list now. 

Not sure since we never got an official reply here. Maybe there's still a limit but it has been set higher? 

moonchild:

Not sure since we never got an official reply here. Maybe there's still a limit but it has been set higher? 

If I get there I'll let you know :P I'm sure there will be more be worth blocking in the future.

Ivy:

If I get there I'll let you know :P I'm sure there will be more be worth blocking in the future. 

Right now I'm at 33. I'm happy when I don't encounter block-worthy users. xD

So while I appreciate the block list was increased, why is there still a limit on it? What's the rational there. Because I've hit the limit yet again and this is just getting old. 

Also I think it would be neat (if limits on blocks list have to be a thing) to have notes for our block list so I could tell "Oh I blocked this one for being a raging homophobe" vs. some minor infraction

Ivy:
Also I think it would be neat (if limits are blocks list have to be a thing) to have notes for our block list so I could tell "Oh I blocked this one before being a raging homophobe" vs. some minor infraction

This. I'm having an excel sheet for that but it would be so much better if there was a note function implanted into the blocking list. 

Also something that worries me is that I reported a user who spreads hate against women is still not banned after 5 days. Are moderators too busy to handle such users in a timely manner or is such behavior tolerated on MDL? I blocked them but their disgusting comments are still visible for me on forums. Also it seems that moderators are quite tolerant when it comes to people who are verbally rude and hateful, because despite people reporting them, they are still around. When MDL tolerates such behavior, they should at least remove the block list maximum, because I'd rather not interact with people who can't engage in respectful and civilized discussions. 

JulyMoon:
Also something that worries me is that I reported a user who spreads hate against women is still not banned after 5 days.

Same. There were a couple egregious ones on the No Gain, No Love drama page, I blocked them so idk if they got banned or are still there.

I never thought to keep a spreadsheet for my blocklist, I may need to start doing that.

Ivy:
I never thought to keep a spreadsheet for my blocklist, I may need to start doing that.

I started it when I had reached the previous limit. It's helpful to remember me which people to never unblock because they are toxic. 

The current block list feature is limited in both capacity and functionality. While it allows users to block a certain number of accounts, the cap on how many users can be blocked is restrictive, especially for those who encounter frequent negativity or unwanted interactions. Moreover, the block list becomes ineffective when it fails to fully hide a blocked user’s activity across various sections of the platform. Seeing their comments, posts, or interactions in areas outside direct communication, like public threads or forums, defeats the purpose of the block. A more comprehensive solution is needed where the block feature fully conceals the blocked user’s presence, preventing any visibility of their activity, thus allowing users to have a more peaceful and personalized experience.