I think they deserve credit for their performances. It seems strange to me that they get so little attention, when they play such a major role in creating the final product.

82votes

Yes, I agree!!! Though technically we can add them as regular actors & write the roles they're playing as something like: 

"Character Name [voice]"

I could not vote but PLEASE add and credit them! They deserved more attention and appreciation!

Agreed, it would be awesome to have the voice actors credited.

CREDITING OF VOICE ACTORS

Hi MDL, after i posted this on Forum page, i came across the above discussion trail initiated in Dec 2020, but there's no response from MDL admins. 

Voice actors ought to be recognized for providing their unique voice to lead roles . Getting the right voice is just as important as casting the actor/actress for that particular role. But these voice actors and their works are not listed in MDL. We cannot create profile for these voice actors. Is there no way to create a parameter/section called "Voice" just like Support Role, Guest Role?

Does no response from MDL admins mean that the system cannot be enhanced to add a new field for Voice? Or is there an answer from MDL but i've missed it?

AnastasiaWun:

CREDITING OF VOICE ACTORS

Hi MDL, after i posted this on Forum page, i came across the above discussion trail initiated in Dec 2020, but there's no response from MDL admins. 

Voice actors ought to be recognized for providing their unique voice to lead roles . Getting the right voice is just as important as casting the actor/actress for that particular role. But these voice actors and their works are not listed in MDL. We cannot create profile for these voice actors. Is there no way to create a parameter/section called "Voice" just like Support Role, Guest Role?

Does no response from MDL admins mean that the system cannot be enhanced to add a new field for Voice? Or is there an answer from MDL but i've missed it?

There are a few voice actors  profile in MDL such as Bian Jiang, Jin GuanLin etc... 

But they are not credited for their voices ;-;

In addition to recognizing the hard work of voice actors, I think this would be great for the viewers' reference too... depending on the drama, voice dubbing really adds/detracts from the experience imo - I think it's really genre-dependent for me. So it would be nice to start a drama knowing whether or not there will be voice dubbing.

Hey I made a mock-up of what this could look like on drama pages. Maybe it'll make it easier for MDL designers to set it up? idk

https://imgur.com/a/YVVETH3