I really like the feature of custom lists here on MDL. Voting lists are a really nice idea but there is a slight complaint I have and that is there is no private list which only the user themselves can see and no one else, even their friends. Even with the current private lists, the first 5 items are visible to everyone.

With so many nice features here, I think a private list only for user will be a nice addition to the website and app.

Thank you.

18votes

I was under the impression that private lists were visible to your eyes only. There's no indication that anyone other than you can see them and I had no reason to suspect otherwise. It wasn't until this past year that I read that your friends could see all of the contents and not just the preview on your profile. I went through my friend's list to verify and it's true.

I wholly support this suggestion. 

kdoramalama:

I was under the impression that private lists were visible to your eyes only. There's no indication that anyone other than you can see them and I had no reason to suspect otherwise. It wasn't until this past year that I read that your friends could see all of the contents and not just the preview on your profile. I went through my friend's list to verify and it's true.

I wholly support this suggestion. 

Same with me. When I first saw that there is a way to make list public or private, my initial thoughts were that obviously private lists are only for users and public lists for everyone to see. But later only I came to know what they actually mean. 

I know not many people mind their lists being public or not but for me, I would like if there is an option to create lists which are only for me to see and no one else.

This seems like a bug, we will look into it.

Ji-N:

This seems like a bug, we will look into it.

Private Lists still show the name of the list and an array of posters (of each drama or movie in the list). 

Is this working as intended, or will lists be made fully private in the future?

Like sunshine said, I am still able to see the list name and first couple of posters on their profile, and every single title or person they've added. I don't want my friends to see what private lists I've made let alone have full access to them.

Could you provide me an example?

Ji-N:

Could you provide me an example?

From your profile, you created a test private list:

Everyone can see the name of the Private List, "teststs," and the first few posters.

It is only after we click on the poster(s) or Private List that we are shown:

Would you please consider hiding Private List (names, posters, and its existence in its entirety) from our Profile pages? 

Thank you for looking into this matter.

Updated, could you confirm if you're able to see it.

Ji-N:

Updated, could you confirm if you're able to see it.

Thank you! I checked again and Private Lists aren't visible anymore :)