The are always more movies and dramas with different (special) editions, director's cuts ect, but they are not just the same drama/movie shown in different format because of the different platform (like in the case of episodes shown as separate on TV and as one episode on Viki) and they are not exactly remakes or a compilation or a spin-off. The closest categories that we have now are:
original story - used to refer to the main dramas/movies in case of a Compilation or Remake;
parent story - used to refer to the main dramas/movies in case of a Side Story or Spin-off. 

Still, those are not exactly different editions (which are usually for example an extended version with bonus material or on the opposite a shorter version of the same title or a version with a different ending). 

Some examples are : 

The Untamed (2019)  and it's Special Edition (2019) version, 

Believer (2018) and Believer: Extended Cut (2018)

Letters Alive (2016) and  Letters Alive: Special Edition (2020), 

Do You Like Brahms? (2020) and Do You Like Brahms: Director's Cut (2021),

Life Senjou no Bokura (2020) and  Life Senjou no Bokura: Director's Cut (2020), 

My Sunshine (2015) and  My Sunshine (Director's Cut) (2015), 

Trap (2019) and  Trap: Director's Cut

Deliver Us From Evil (2020) and the Final Cut. 

5votes

So is this possible?

Iwasthinkingofthesamejustrecently!

Aswellasserieswhichgetsignificantlyre-editedversionswithdifferentfilmorvideofootageadded,cutand/orreplaced,netserieswhichareeditedtogetherintofeatures,andTVserieswhichareeditedintosinglefeatureswithalotcutout(e.g.theseriesandfeatureversionsofTheRealThing,whichthoughthefeatureisverylongoneisstillmissingabouthalfanhourfromtheseries),somethingI'veseenhappenafewtimesinJapanrecentlyisverylongfeaturesbeingre-editedintoseries,withcutfootagereinserted(e.g. LoveExposure:TheTV-ShowABrideforRipVanWinkle:SerialEditionTheForestofLove:DeepCut).

Thecurrentguidelinesforrelatedtitlesdon't explicitlyspecifywhichkindofconnectionistobeusedforre-edits.Onekindisnamed "Compilation" whichasawordcanrefertoafeatureeditedtogetherfromaseriesorfromdifferentpre-existingshorts,butit doesn't seemfromthedescriptiontomeanthatonMDL,whichinsteadusesitforproductionsmarketedunderasharedbrandbutwithnoin-universerelationbetweenthenarratives.SoIseetitleseditedfromthesamefilm/videorelatedvariouslyas "Adaptation","Compilation"or"Remake".

IMDbconnectswhatemmagucciandIaredescribingwith"editedinto"and"editedfrom" butI don't thinkMDLneedstwonewkindsofconnectionstocoverthis.Butthereareatleasttwodifferentwaysofgoingaboutit:

1. Connectallthedifferenteditsof(inalargepart)thesamefilm/videowiththesamekindofrelation(similartowhatisdonewithalladaptationsofthesamesourcematerialbeingconnectedwith"Adaption" .Somethinglike"Alternative/DifferentEdit/Version/Cut" wouldworkasanameforthis.
  2. Connectlaterversionsbacktoearlieroneswith"OriginalStory",andcreateanewkindofconnectionjustforconnectingtheoriginalversionstolaterones.Thiscouldbenamed"Re-edit","Editedinto" orsimilar.

Theguidelinesalsocoulddowithsomeguidanceonwhatisconsideredsignificantenoughchangesforare-edittoqualifyforbeingadifferenttitleornot(e.g.whilemanyfeatureversionsofnetserieslikeLife:LoveontheLinehavetheirownentries,IwastoldwhenItriedtoadditthatthefeatureversionofLongTimeNoSeeisnotdifferentenoughtogetitsownentry)andwhethertherulesaredifferentbetweenmoviesandseries.

Ithinktheyshould bedifferent,becausebothforamovielikeBattleRoyalethathasalater,significantlydifferentcutwithnewly-shotfootage,oronelikeTheHandmaidenwhichhadashorterandlongercutreleasedatthesametime,videoondemandservicestendtocarryonlyoneversionortheother,ortheyincludeoneasanextrawithpurchasesoftheother.Usuallytheonlyinstancesofdifferentversionsofamoviebeingsoldseparatelyiswhenonehasablack-and-whiteversionreleasedsomemonthsafteracolourone(Parasite,andnon-AsianmovieslikeMadMax:FuryRoad),andasthesedon'tevenhavedifferencestotheeditingIdon'timaginethere'dbemuchenthusiasmamongMDLadminsorgeneralusersforthosetogetseparateentries.

Butwhenthesamevideoondemandservicehastwodifferently-editedversionsofaseries,thosedo,atleastinalltheinstances I've seen,getcountedas separate series(e.g.TheUntamedandTheUntamed:SpecialEdition onWeTV).

OMG I think there is a bug. I can't read your comment correctly >..< 

I spent some hours writing that and adding links, but after pressing reply it seems it was posted with all the spaces and all the links removed. I do not have time to add either back in right now; I wonder if they can be recovered? (But I don't expect that's likely.)