The tags are great! But a bit disorganized. We have tags like "bisexual" "bisexual character" "bisexual male lead" etc. This can be redundant at times, and it can also halve the results of a search! If half of the shows with bisexual characters are labeled as "bisexual" and the other half are labeled as "bisexual character" then this defeats the purpose of having tags in the first place, which is to help people find shows with the meaning of this tag! 

Is it possible to group tags together in their metadata? For example, if the tag is "infidelity" the metadata for this tag also includes the keyword "cheating." Or if the tag is "Bisexual female lead" the metadata for this tag also includes "bisexual character" and "bisexual." I think it would probably be too difficult to get rid of all the redundant tags because it would mean checking each drama the tag is used, and then adding the "correct" tag to it. So, instead, just make it simple so that the tags stay the same, but they are more inclusive. This way, when people look up a tag, they can see all the dramas related to it, instead of only the dramas that have a specific word. 

Here is an example of grouping together different tags. This way, the tags stay the same, but the shows they represent reflect the meaning of the tag instead of only the exact tag used:

• Bisexual Male Lead
    • Bisexual
    • Bisexual Character
  • Bisexual Female Lead
    • Bisexual
    • Bisexual Character
  • Bisexual
    • Bisexual Character
  • Bisexual Character
    • Bisexual

I know it probably sounds silly to give metadata metadata... I think that's technically called microdata? But I think this will really help organize the tags. If you need someone to figure out which tags to group together, I don't mind doing it myself. I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to this kind of stuff and have fun doing it haha

0votes