Changing the order from Author to Alphabetical in list edit does not change the order.

It's working but a little buggy. I notice few things about alphabet sorting:

1. You need to reselect "sort by alphabet" each time you edit the list and before saving. I mean everytime as it will not remember the settings.
  2. Adding drama/title from their respective page into the existing list with "sort by alphabet" settings, will not sort the new entry according to alphabet. It will append to the list instead.

**Notes: It's been long since I last use this sorting function so it might have changed over time

Why not have this sorting action as a button for the author on the list like there is Edit, rather than a drop down? 

A drop down insinuates that its a setting associated with the list and not a one time process.

Best yet, the dropdown must be a setting for the list as it insinuates. And it must accommodate new entries, it is bugged in it current form.

Custom ordering the entries should flip it back to author order.

Also I noticed that even after changing to alphabetical order, the list still maintains the order of entries as they were added in the edit form. The order does not change in the edit form. 

You need to try and error.  Maybe it's safe and easier to not use the sorting feature right now until it's been revamped by MDL staff.  

Sorting lists is a mess.

I tried to Edit my Lists 100 times, clicking Edit, Sort by Alphabetical Order, Save.

It still shows

SORT BY: AUTHOR'S ORDER

in big bold letters for everyone to read. 

By the way, I tried to delete Description, it's not possible, either. At last, I settled on leaving * or . there. 

The Editing of my own Lists just won't respect my wishes, LOL

I am a web developer, its easy to understand what's happening here, that's why I did not insist. Essentially its to do with development priorities or simply laziness, both I can completely understand.

Lists are currently a first build of a much larger feature. Though I do not understand why it was not built in a complete fashion, considering its not that big of a task. 

Essentially almost all options you see in the lists are one-off operations or simply buttons and not something associated with the list as the dropdowns suggest. So when you perform them and move away, it has no knowledge of what has happened. 

For myself, the alphabetical sort only works if I go to edit mode, select it and save. That is, don't do anything else. 

Though there is a bug in their page caching system, so sometimes it takes a 10 seconds to couple of minutes to reflect the change. Another frustration... 

Another bug concerns the edit interface which essentially is formulating the order neither by Author's order or Alphabetical order, but the order in which you added the items. I strongly suspect that the db query is being ordered by the timestamp of creation of the relation rather than by the attribute managing the order. Its a simple mistake. 

So even if you succeed in changing the order to alphabetical or order them manually, it is only reflected in the normal mode. If you come back to edit mode, it continues to show the itens in the order you added them. Too frustrating...