Is it possible to change my username in the website adress (https://mydramalist.com/ username)? I created this profile years ago and don't like the username adress/identify with it anymore. I doubt it's possible, but I thought I could at least ask.

I'm not talking about the username on my profile display as I have already changed that a long time ago.

I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

no you cannot change it.

Silje Therese:

Is it possible to change my username in the website adress (https://mydramalist.com/ username)? I created this profile years ago and don't like the username adress/identify with it anymore. I doubt it's possible, but I thought I could at least ask.

I'm not talking about the username on my profile display as I have already changed that a long time ago.

I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

Yes you can change it as long as you EMAIL the admins :) 

That's how I changed my url :)

Moonlight:

Oh, really? That's great, thank you for the help ^^

Silje Therese closed this Aug 7, 2024 06:56 pm
 Moonlight:

Who did you email to?

Goyangi:

Who did you email to?

The admins :)

Moonlight:

was it some time ago? Coz as far as  I know now they don't accept user name changes and at best they can switch it to default one, aka random numbers. 

Moonlight:

Ok, but who? Where can I find this email? I've searched everywhere and couldn't find anything, it is the email in the Contact us section?

Kate:

was it some time ago? Coz as far as  I know now they don't accept user name changes and at best they can switch it to default one, aka random numbers. 

I've google it and in other threads people said the same thing, but they were old so I couldn't answer them. But honestly, why can't we change the username here? I've accounts on other similar sites (not about dramas, but to track stuff also) and they let you change your username and some even allow you to claim an username from someone who created the account and never used it again/haven't been accessing the site for a long time so I wanted to know why it isn't possibly here?

Goyangi:
I've google it and in other threads people said the same thing, but they were old so I couldn't answer them. But honestly, why can't we change the username here? I've accounts on other similar sites (not about dramas, but to track stuff also) and they let you change your username and some even allow you to claim an username from someone who created the account and never used it again/haven't been accessing the site for a long time so I wanted to know why it isn't possibly here?

From what admins said, we will be able to change our user names in the future. There are many things that admins work on right now, it might not be priority... 

from today you can change username in account settings :)

Kate:

from today you can change username in account settings :)

oh, thank you so much!