Not sure whether this has already been mentioned, apart from on the feeds, (we could do with a search box for the support section), but we could really do with the HTML section adding back for our profiles.

I really want the HTML section back as well. It was useful for editing stuff on our profiles and I like to do regular updates like changing YT videos. Now I can't resize them and they are not displaying well on my profile. Hopefully we can have this feature back :)

this goes along with yours...prior customizations stopped working once you edit/save anything on the profile:  http://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/30293-was-editing-profile-hit-save-and-my-youtube-embedded-videos-in-the-html-disappeared

in my case i had an autostart youtube embedded video to kick off a song that plays on my profile but i can't get that back until there is an html edit option again. 

Winnie:

I really want the HTML section back as well. It was useful for editing stuff on our profiles and I like to do regular updates like changing YT videos. Now I can't resize them and they are not displaying well on my profile. Hopefully we can have this feature back :)

Also with HTML we could add youtube playlists so we didn't need to keep updating the videos on our profiles, as could just add or rearrange the vids on youtube so they automatically went to the top of our playlists on our profiles.  And was great having the option of resizing the videos and playlists.

joannesmith:

this goes along with yours...prior customizations stopped working once you edit/save anything on the profile:  http://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/30293-was-editing-profile-hit-save-and-my-youtube-embedded-videos-in-the-html-disappeared

in my case i had an autostart youtube embedded video to kick off a song that plays on my profile but i can't get that back until there is an html option again. 

Just noticed I already gave a reply on that thread.  I'll temporarily keep this up to try and push the idea of getting the HTML back further.

A couple of months ago I saved a copy of my profile via HTML so that if something went wrong with editing my profile I could always add back my saved copy. It was a really useful option and I would love to have it back. 

Winnie:

A couple of months ago I saved a copy of my profile via HTML so that if something went wrong with editing my profile I could always add back my saved copy. It was a really useful option and I would love to have it back. 

Smart! I had to relook up all the links to my embedded videos...LOL

Same as well, as I nearly always make a backup of the HTML in Notepad when I do an update, just in case, so it will be good to be able to put things back to how they were once the HTML section is back.

I have found that I am not able to edit in code view anymore ... I am not even able to replace a paragraph with a break eeks!  I'm not sure this is the correct place to log my experience.  If it belongs in another discussion please advise.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Thank you. 

Try to change the line into a paragph in the format option. There is a conflict between old and new html code

Ji-N:

Try to change the line into a paragph in the format option. There is a conflict between old and new html code

Ah, that worked!  Thank you for the recommendation!

i just realized that HTML code view is back.  I went to add back an embedded iframe code generated from youtube.  I hit Save and it looks like it is indeed saved in the html.  I got to Profile to run it and nothing happens.   I go back to Settings to view the html code and the edits I made to it are gone.   

joannesmith:

i just realized that HTML code view is back.  I went to add back an embedded iframe code generated from youtube.  I hit Save and it looks like it is indeed saved in the html.  I got to Profile to run it and nothing happens.   I go back to Settings to view the html code and the edits I made to it are gone.   

I had this problem too. It does seem like there's an issue with embedding YT videos on to our profiles. 

i have no problem waiting.   I am sure it will be addressed!  The fact that this code viewer is back and that it appears it will allow us to edit is a great thing.  

Thanks for adding the HTML option back, however at the moment it's all a mass of text jumbled together, whereas it was neatly in sections before, so was easier to find where I wanted to edit.

Also whenever I edit something in the new HTML section, the page automatically jumps further up the html section and I have to scroll down again to find where I was editing.

The youtube playlists are still not being accepted either in the new html, as it shows in the preview, but then when I click save, it disappears.