Thank you for this! :) I was curious to see what the pillow book was all about. Now im thinking about reading it. 

ladysanna:

Thank you for this! :) I was curious to see what the pillow book was all about. Now im thinking about reading it. 

you should read it :D it was da best ♥

KimberlyAmor:

Thanks. I'll check it out. Im just worried because I'm so in love with Ye Hua and Bai Qian story, that I can't move on from them. :D

I will say this: there story: it is very entertaining.  I will keep my bias out of it.  I think you will like, and besides, YH and BQ appear in it!

KimberlyAmor:

Can you send email to me, please? I just finished 10miles peach blossoms and I was currious about the pillow book.

And don't worry, it is downloadable, no bugs, nothing it is a reliable source I was skeptical at first but I had no issues opening it

Waw, thank you so much!! I can read it now. I feel so much happy for this, thank you *_*

Your welcome :D  I actually started re-reading it after you asked for this

I don't have Ten Miles of Peach Blossom book only Pillow book. :)

I've been browsing through the Pillow Book 1 & 2 translations-  I was wondering if some people who have already read it could answer some of the questions I have on the books?

Did Donghua lose all his powers? It said that it would take 'thousands of years' for him to regain the cultivation before he gets back all he lost...does this mean he no longer has the same status in heaven? Or does not have any powers anymore?

I'm a little confused at how the powers of these characters work; not to mention, I only recently got introduced to Xianxia genre, so this is new for me. Mo Yuan also was in a coma in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms but once he woke up thousands of years later, he already had his powers? So I'm not sure why it isn't the same for Donghua- aren't they peers?

Also, what will happen to Fengju? She's still in a coma at the end of the novel will she ever wake up? The other characters were said to be very worried about her at the end of the book- wasn't Donghua taking care of her at the end?

I wasn't sure where to bring these questions up as there doesn't seem to be a separate discussion page for Pillow Book yet. And I'm waiting for the web drama as well but that will be released in two years.

My understanding is that FJ, though  in a coma, is in good hands because DH is an extraordinarily skilled medicine maker. He did, after all, manage to create a medicine strong enough to erase her memories AND the only person able to notice was the Phoenix, whose age rivals DH (and phoenix seems to be the best medicine man).

In terms of powers, I think that this is a more grey area.  A lot of novels by different authors have a similar theme of characters 'depleting x amount years of cultivation' this is exactly how it sounds.   A great example of this is in Journey of Flower, when Bones has a LOT of her power depleted at various times, and then Bai Zi Hua interferes, and this is when they start coughing up blood a lot.

However, individuals like DH who are older than time and born with innate gifts, I don't think it's a problem because it also seems like some people are just more gifted and DH is one of them.  And he is so old that it probably doesn't really matter at this point he probs has reserves (sounds weird) .  This may help: https://immortalmountain.wordpress.com/glossary/wuxia-xianxia-xuanhuan-terms/#cultivation

I always thought that because the novel is primarily from FJ's perspective we don't really see how terrifying a person DH is (because he is pretty terrifying)  based on the random tidbits of others.  The only ones who seem to not really care are the fox tribe, and that Chiwa guy from the demon clan, who in spite of his beauty, is universally considered not the brightest bulb.  Sorry if my answer isn't helpful :/

Oh and if anyone needs a translated copy of peach blossoms just let me know the translator was nice enough to give me a copy after she took it down.

Thanks for the info @Jordan 

The part where characters either improve skills or increase powers is nothing new- i also see this in other types of media like anime or even western sci fi/fantasy- but i like watching it all the same. But the link makes it easier to understand for me, since it’s presented in a different way in xianxia.

I honestly did not like Dijun much in the 3l3w10mpb drama (i felt like feng ju’s devotion to him was a bit wasted he just didn’t seem to care much) but once i looked through pillow book i appreciated his character better. I hope they will be able to explore his pov  in the upcoming pb drama. I can’t imagine him hitched- he just seems so unemotional after yehua. Whereas feng ju is the exact opposite. 

@alon Luna I hope they adapt pillow book itself and sort of ignore the 3L3W Blossom plot  but I don't think they will.  I liked the drama plot, even if it was made up, but I would also like to see the novel fully adapted....