I'm trying to get a friend into Thai movies. Low Season (much comedy, well-placed jump scares) was a success so now I can use Mario Maurer as bait :) Pee Mak (black comedy horror) is an easy sell, but he's seriously into horror and would appreciate a more traditional version of Mae Nak. Seems a better place to start too so he gets to experience the story, plus I can use Mario to sell an additional non-Mario movie :D  I've only seen Nang Nak, which will certainly do, but I'd also like to see more myself and there are SO MANY adaptations.

Any suggestions? What's the scariest Mae Nak (for my friend, I'm a bit of a wimp)? The best, in your opinion? Any to stay away from? Friend won't finish a series so movie recs for him. I'm open to series too.

Other supernatural or horror recs?

(My related recs are Enigma (4 eps supernatural but not *too* scary) and Nang Nak, plus Low Season and Ghost Host Ghost House even though it's more like they have supernatural elements.)

Haven't watched much horror stuff so .. ?‍?️?

THIRTeen Terrors - A good one but was not too scary, It's an anthology so some were good some were okayish .. 

Movies .. She Devil  .. but it was more sweet than scary and Maid which was more psychological than horror.

Thank you SKYLINE :) I don't watch much horror either.

Comments for The Maid say things like slasher and gratuitous violence. Would you agree? Asking for myself.

Have suggested all to my friend.  Anthologies are great for now and agains and days when it's hard to find the right something new. I'll definitely try She Devil too, I like the Thai way with mixing genres and/or emotions. Thanks for these.

Elisheva:
Comments for The Maid say things like slasher and gratuitous violence. Would you agree? Asking for myself.

Yes, if you have weak heart for gore .. you might get stimulated.

SKYLINE:
Yes, if you have weak heart for gore .. you might get stimulated.

Especially if it's psychological as well. Good to know :)

Thai horror is literally the best, here is my list for you (mostly movies):

Meat Grinder (2009)
Art of the Devil - 1,2,3
Death Whisperer 
Dorm 
3 A.M. 3D 1,2
407 Dark Flight 
Shutter (this is the best one)
Sick Nurses 
The Medium 

Thanks anyyy. Won't argue with your assessment about Thai horror being the best :)

I sent your list to my friend. For myself, I'll try Shutter (because Ananda Everingham), The Medium (because Isan) and Dorm (because two reviewers say it isn't too scary) :D

Elisheva:

Thanks anyyy. Won't argue with your assessment about Thai horror being the best :)

I sent your list to my friend. For myself, I'll try Shutter (because Ananda Everingham), The Medium (because Isan) and Dorm (because two reviewers say it isn't too scary) :D

my pleasure!!

Dorm is not quite scary, but it has a great plot though, you will be surprised by the twist :D

Annie:
Shutter (this is the best one)
Sick Nurses
The Medium

I'm going to marginally disagree. As good as Shutter is, the slow burn world-building of The Medium really drew me in.

Thanks for recommending both. (I have subs + raw for Dorm, need to get them lined up though. Will do.)

SKYLINE:
She Devil .. but it was more sweet than scary

Thanks for this one too. I especially liked the way it developed the love story.