Hello everyone.  Can you please suggest me new modern ( not historical) thai dramas where female lead is doing action scenes. I am struggling to find dramas by myself.  I have watched  My Lovely Bodyguard (2022), My Sassy Psychic (2022), Lipgloss Spy (2022) . I really liked female leads in all 3 dramas. They were punching and beating bad guys by themselves rather than screaming and be damsel in distress and keep getting saved by male lead again and again. Thank you so much in advance.  I am also okay with movies.

Payak Rai Sai Lub - This one I watched a long time ago, so I don't remember much but FL do have some action scenes.

Game of Outlaws - I don't know about story, but FL was a strong character.

Monkey Twins - Second FL   It has really good action, since it is based on Muay Thai.

If I remember any other, I'll update here.

The Crown Princess 

Gummy_Marshmallow:

Payak Rai Sai Lub

Game of Outlaws

Monkey Twins - Second FL 

Thank you soooo much. I will check out all these 3 dramas.

I recommend: 

• Let's Fight Ghost (FL "Jeen" is definitely not a damsel in distress xD) 

Suggestions which I haven't watched myself: 

• Game of Outlaws
  • Rahut Torachon
  • Saming Jao Tha
  • Dao Kon La Duang
  • Singh Sang Pa

Because of Love (2023), My Sweet Assassin, Khun Mae Suam Roy, Leh Lub Salub Rarng,  in these  thai dramas fl have strong characters... 

Korean:

Crash Landing on you: She might not be the strongest in terms of fighting but she definitely knows how to stand up for herself against her selfish brothers. 

It's okay to not be okay: She basically doesn't have a lot of empathy for people and her way of handeling things is very different but she knows hor to defend herself (and her loved ones) from danger

Cinderella and the four knights: The female lead is very head strong and is put in a situation where she has to help 4 men have a bond with their family. She is not afraid to stand up for herself even it that means that she has to use violence (there isn't a lot of action however she is shown as a very strong personality). 

School 2015: When a girl finds out that she has an identical twin who lives a poor life (both of then get adopted by different families and she lives with a rich family and her twin lives with a poor family) is being bullied by class fellows she decides to take action after an accident causes memory los for her twin. she disguises herself as her twin ad decides to tak revenge for her. 

Juvenile justice: A judge decides to give the right punishments to children who end up on the path of crime. She will not be gentle just because to criminals in question are minors. However when she finds out investigations ar not going right she decides to find out the truth herself. But she soon stands face to face with her past, will she be able to take the right decision?

Strong woman Do Bong Soon: A woman has unnatural superpowers which make her stronger than any man on earth. There is however 1 condition to these powers, if she hurts an innocent person she will lose her powers. She ends up in a love triangle with a old friend and her boss. While this is happening there is a serial killer on the loose hunting on women. Who will she chose and how wil she save these innocent girls?

Fight for my way: A pair of best friend end up falling for each other. He wants to build his career in fighting and she is his support system. She herself has no problem taking care of herself. She is for sure the stronger personality among them and even defends him when needed. 

Bring it on ghost: The female lead is a ghost in this drama and the main lead usually works as someone who gets rid of ghosts in haunted places. She however was not that easy to get rid of she fights with him and other ghosts and forms a good bond with the male lead. Soon enough they find out she isn't just a normal ghost and her past is back, but this time she's not alone. 

Happiness: A pair of best friends decide to get married for a flat in a new apartment complex. However soon after the move in a zombie disease breaks out and the apartment complex has to be isolated. The female lead is a special agent and the male lead is a detective, she is strong and fearless and doesn't let her motivation get down by the things happening and will find a way to survive for both of them. 

These are some suggestions I can give you, however these are just Korean dramas. If you'd like other types (Chinese/Thai) do let me know!!!! 

Enjoy:)

Chinese dramas:
Love unexpected (2021):
After an unexpected accident the male lead loses his mother and ends up having an extreme disorder which causes him to lose his ability to feel emotions (he is a ceo). He finds it apparent that he now needs a bodyguard. One of the applications is of the female lead who actually is an economics major but wants to become a professional fighter. As their relationship (professional and romantic) progresses the male lead seems to regain his ability to feel emotions. How will their relationship continue? Will he be able to accept her and her violent side?

Sweet combat (2018):
The female lead is an MMA fighter who studies at a combat school only for females. After the school decides to change the school to a mixed sex school the male lead ends up getting a scholarship. The male lead is poor and the female lead is quite rich. They start off on the wrong foot and don’t get along however they start to get close to each other after the female lead decides to teach the male lead. (Plus point the second couple was very cute)

Thai dramas:

My secret bride:
The female lead belongs to a very poor family and does everything to earn money (right or wrong doesn’t matter). She has a very string personality and doesn’t need anyone to defend her she has herself. She ends up getting arrested by the male lead and enters a contractual marriage. But this marriage isn’t as easy it seems, she has to defend herself against the male leads psycho cousin who is too involved in his life. She gets attacked by this cousin multiple times but knows how to take care of her. At the same time she ends up meeting her old friend (they had some old problems) who will defend her when needed.
There are some questionable scenes however the drama as a whole was amazing. I really enjoyed it it was funny romantic and had action for both leads. Really really recommend. (Plus points for the cute second couple)

Kleun Cheewit (2017):
Jeerawat is a very popular actress/model (who is very good at her job). But with popularity she also gains enemies and one of them is her stepfather. Jeerawat is drugged by him after a modelling show in attempt to rape her. She however manages to escape but by the time she gets in the car the drugs start kicking in. She starts driving but ends up causing an accident which leads to the death of the male leads fiancé. The male lead Sathit is an attorney who through a phone call (he was talking to his fiancé at the time of the accident) knows jeerawat is to blame and decides to take revenge. Jeerawat however is strong and composed and doesn’t let him run her around. Things start taking a toll and things don’t look good for jeerawat. She decides to give in and let him win. But will he ever find out what actually happened to her? Will she ever forgive him? Will he ever forgive her? (Definitely recommend goes with the idk who I can trust trope that you like, one of the best dramas I’ve ever seen. It’s a statement drama.)

So Wayree:
Paramita is the heir of a hotel umpire and so is Parin (he is however the son of a hidden wife, also they are from rival families). Parin decides to go on a night out alone to a hotel which ends up being the hotel where Paramita is having her birthday party. He is instantly smitten and wants to get to know her. Paramita is there with friends but one of them is actually very jealous of her. The friend is an actress but upon discussion everyone in the friend group ends up saying that Paramita is clearly prettier. She gets jealous and sees Parin checking her out. She lies to him telling him she’s a sexworker and says that if he pays her he can have her. He gets manipulated and pays her, she drugs Paramita’s drink and brings her to Parin. Parin finds out that she is actually a virgin but it’s already too late. Paramita runs away the following day because she never intended it do what they did that night. Parin however likes her and tries to find her. She goes to America to study when she finds out she’s pregnant, completes her degree and comes back where she sees Parin at an event. Paramita is now keen on getting her revenge. (Parin doesn’t know she is the daughter of the rival company)
Will she succeed or will Parin’s love win this battle. How will he react to her truth? How will he react to having children? How will he react to finding out she was playing him all along? Will the friend ever be exposed for what she did?

Innocent lies:
This drama is basically a sequel of so wayree, but it’s not necessarily that you watch so wayree to understand this drama. The female lead is contacted by the male leads ex wife to steal a usb stick which contains evidence of the wife stealing the company’s money. The female lead doesn’t know and is told that he is abusive and hits her. The female lead ends up being betrayed by the ex wife and is now held hostage by the male lead.  They end up falling in love but the ex wife doesn’t want to leave the male lead and uses their daughter to keep the main leads away from each other. The female lead in this drama is not very strong character wise in comparison to the other dramas. But the ex wife is soo negative yet did her role so well she ended up being the best portrayed character. She did amazing, also the romantic story of the main leads isn’t bad either. (Defo recommend)

Massaya (2017):
Massaya is her parents only daughter. Both of her parents passed away and she ends up living with her grandfather (mom’s dad). Her father was disowned for marrying her mother by his adoptive mother (she genuinely loves him but is very strict) and ended up living with his wife in her hometown. Years later the adoptive mother finds out her adoptive sons has passed recently and decides to rectify her mistake and bring his daughter to her home. She doesn’t get along with anyone except the male lead Lak. He is a police officer and promised his grandmother he will take care op Massaya. She now has to live with them and learn the basic ways of a rich family (they don’t know her mother was rich hence she was brought up in a very highly manner, she is the princess of her mother’s hometown). She and Lak maintain the cousin relationships though they are not blood related and Lak doesn’t see her that way. Massaya has a string personality and has to defend herself from her step aunt and 2 of her children. She knows how to fight and can surely take care of herself. How will their relationship go? To which extend will her step aunt and her children go to hurt her? Will Lak be able to help her?

Panthakan Rak:
Panthakan, hi-so godlike, has the label of tragically handsome. Everywhere he appears, tragedy ensues.  His looks and personality are complete opposites, no one can handle him, except his father. Panthakan doesn't care about anyone, anyway. His father pushes him out of his life so he can enjoy his new life, with new family. Panthakan believes that his step mother and her children weren't enough to come and take his father fortune, but now they have included her niece in this money sucking. Who did they think they were? Panthakan won't have it. The target is Prapai, the young girl who dares to defy him. Since this girl is defiant and knows no limits, he will punish her, or will punishment turn into something else?

Tra barb see chompoo:
Patsakorn is the only heir of a millionaire who hides his cruel coldness under his good looks. He started to act out toward his father after his mother died.  When Kangsadan enters his life, he cannot hide his interest in this kind and sassy girl. But his world begins to twirl upside down when his father brings home the exact girl (he is interested in) and her mother home and decides that they will live with Peat and his father as a family because of Khun Sa being sick.

With resentment in his heart, Patsakorn decided to turn his back on his family. After four years, he returns in order to take everything back, and Kangsadan will be the first person he takes revenge on. But throughout the series, he and Kangsadan start to fall in love with each other, but because of his resentment towards his father for not being there for his mother, He continues to be heartless and selfish towards Kangsadan by treating her very badly and trying to make her jealous.

Do let me know how you like the.
ENJOY:)

1.) Kularb Tud Petch (2016)
2.) Kularb Kror Petch (2019)
3.) The Crown Princess (2018)
4. ) Nak Soo Taywada (2018)
5. ) Khun Mae Suam Roy (2018)
6.) Sapai Import (2020)

Here the some best thai dramas where the female lead is doing action scenes. You can find various streaming platforms from where you can binge-watch the best dramas.

Vietnamese movie - Furie, mamma bear (ex gang member) goes looking for baby bear (her daughter) - she kicks butt doing it.