WandereR:
Da Tang Ming Yue

Liu Shan Men (Sarah Zhao is in this one, if there's any fan of hers lol)

Monarch Industry (I had high hopes on this but it's been shelved more than a year)

Noble Aspirations 3 (Cheng Yi and Hand Dong together again)

Palace of Devotion (I think this will be epic)

The Long Ballad

Zhao Ge

Legend of Ba Qing (If it ever comes out, stellar cast though) 

I'll see you there! :D

ChineseDramaFan:

I'll see you there! :D

Haha! Are you still watching Legend of 2 Sisters?  I put that on hold for now.

Too many historicals that I'm watching but they're lighthearted and without the angst.

Goyoolee:

I hate this show.  That is NOT enough suffering.  Mingyu and her son need to suffer more and die terrible, terrible deaths.

I feel like the first version of this show is better?!  If Mingyu was a cold, unlikable Person that Ended up loving power or her son more than Chengxu, then I wouldn’t hate her so much.  This version made her kind, loving, patient, forgiving and let her get away with really selfish, evil things.  That’s 100x worse.  It’s manipulative.  Nice characters that do really shitty, bad things are the worst.

Yes because her one dimensional acting kinda make me suspicious of the drama writer intention, if they used her acting to show that MingYu is actually a manipulative woman without her even knowing it. Because if it is, I think they succeed LOL

For the next that has already in process of filming/done, i really want to see Imperial Age, Cheng Yi is playing as the young Zhu Di emperor. Zhu Di emperor is an interesting controversial historical figure. He actually what i want for ChengXu character to do. He at first accepted his nephew appoinment as king, but when that nephew is so ungrateful to him, he took his throne away. And be the strongest king in Ming Dinasty. If only there is no MingYu in ChengXu's life LOL

WandereR 

58 minutes ago

Goyoolee:

I hate this show.  That is NOT enough suffering.  Mingyu and her son need to suffer more and die terrible, terrible deaths.

I feel like the first version of this show is better?!  If Mingyu was a cold, unlikable Person that Ended up loving power or her son more than Chengxu, then I wouldn’t hate her so much.  This version made her kind, loving, patient, forgiving and let her get away with really selfish, evil things.  That’s 100x worse.  It’s manipulative.  Nice characters that do really shitty, bad things are the worst.

True.  Bad people doing bad things is kind of par for the course.  Good people doing bad things, now that's just manipulative.  I wonder who wrote the screenplay, especially for the original drama which inspired this one.  Need to do some research here to see if this is a recurring trend...

Now that TPoC is over, which new "powerful and tragic drama" is everyone heading to?  From my list of "serious" historicals to be aired for the remainder of 2020: 

Da Tang Ming Yue

Liu Shan Men (Sarah Zhao is in this one, if there's any fan of hers lol)

Monarch Industry (I had high hopes on this but it's been shelved more than a year)

Noble Aspirations 3 (Cheng Yi and Hand Dong together again)

Palace of Devotion (I think this will be epic)

(eliteles1)

Add:

Meng Xing Chang An (2021) aka: , Dream of Chang'an 

The Tang Dynasty drama that ended filming today by Cheng Yi and Zhang Yu Xi (it looks very good), there was a lot of effort on everyone's part. See the makin of 
(https://twitter.com/i/status/1319467835932856320)
It is not for nothing that Mango Tv already bought the rights to transmit it probably in the beginning of 2021.

Eclipse02:
For the next that has already in process of filming/done, i really want to see Imperial Age, Cheng Yi is playing as the young Zhu Di emperor. Zhu Di emperor is an interesting controversial historical figure. He actually what i want for ChengXu character to do. He at first accepted his nephew appoinment as king, but when that nephew is so ungrateful to him, he took his throne away. And be the strongest king in Ming Dinasty. If only there is no MingYu in ChengXu's life LOL

I came across this in the database, was it filmed 2 years ago or only recently?  Because from the casting, I see Cheng Yi and William Feng playing the same character but at different age.  But I hope it's a recently filmed production and Cheng Yi gets significant screen time, even though he is listed as supporting.  The plot sounds intriguing.

eliteles1:
(eliteles1)

Add:

Meng Xing Chang An (2021) aka: , Dream of Chang'an 

Thanks for adding to the list :)

I'm looking forward to this as well, hope it comes early next year and with a positive outcome for CY!

Giving him the title of emperor is the highest possible consolation that Qi Yuan could ever give to Cheng Xu, however meaningless it is. It doesn't absolve his guilt though as we can see in episode 55-56, he forever remembered what he had done that caused Cheng Xu death.

WandereR:

I came across this in the database, was it filmed 2 years ago or only recently?  Because from the casting, I see Cheng Yi and William Feng playing the same character but at different age.  But I hope it's a recently filmed production and Cheng Yi gets significant screen time, even though he is listed as supporting.  The plot sounds intriguing.

Yes they done filming years ago, and in final production and i think maybe in censorships process, so i am hoping they will released it this year. Meng Xin Chang'an they just finished filming recently i think, so they need some time to editing and final production and gone through censorship boards. So we might only gonna see it next year. But i hope not for tooo long.. 

Yes i also hope his part has significant screentime, by judging from the trailer promo of the drama. They spend 1-3rd of duration of the trailer showing his part as young king.

Eclipse02:

Yes they done filming years ago, and in final production and i think maybe in censorships process, so i am hoping they will released it this year. Meng Xin Chang'an they just finished filming recently i think, so they need some time to editing and final production and gone through censorship boards. So we might only gonna see it next year. But i hope not for tooo long.. 

Yup hopefully we don't have to wait too long.  I'm always concerned with the strict censorship regulations and now with the restrictions on too many episodes that have affected the editing of a number of long dramas (over 60 episodes).

Another CY drama that I'm looking forward to (that @Xien_Rue recommended to me) is Broken Clouds.  I really hope that one doesn't get shelved or censored (too much) because I love those kinds of themes/ plots.

For the first time after a whole ep i like yu ying in ep50 what she said to MY was awesome 

WandereR:

Yup hopefully we don't have to wait too long.  I'm always concerned with the strict censorship regulations and now with the restrictions on too many episodes that have affected the editing of a number of long dramas (over 60 episodes).

Another CY drama that I'm looking forward to (that @Xien_Rue recommended to me) is Broken Clouds.  I really hope that one doesn't get shelved or censored (too much) because I love those kinds of themes/ plots.

Yes i also worry about that. There is drama that actually need that long episodes and there is drama that need to reduce their filler scenes. I think if it has more than 10 eps additional, they should have make it 2 part. Instead of cutting the drama that they've made.

Yes if we talk about ChengYi next projects, what i really looking forwards are Broken Clouds 2 and General Order. They both have a good story based. And the character also very interesting and challenging for him to play. 

Xien_Rue:

Hi! Welcome, welcome!! Hahahahaha!

Su Yu Ying love is akin to obsession. If only Cheng Xu showed her a little care, she would capable of doing anything for him. The problem is, Su Yu Ying is cruel person by nature and upbringing. Having her do something out of love for Cheng Xu has high probability of making a disaster. Also, she did too many wrong that made Cheng Xu felt disgust toward her. And once a man disgusted with your inner quality, nothing can make him back to you. 

Qi Yuan immaturity and stupidity really know no limit. He even dare treated the war as game which indirectly caused Cheng Xu death. Only Cheng Xu death finally snapped him back to reality. And he redeemed himself by giving Cheng Xu posthumous position as emperor I think. Sigh .... 

Si Feng is akin to fairy beautiful while Cheng Xu is heroic man. 

Although Su Yu Ying is despicable woman but she does voice our rants about MingYu so perfectly. She is the representative of audiences rants/complaints LOL

I think if MingYu has a better love rival than Su Yu Ying, she will not take ChengXu's love for granted. Because he deserves a good virtue and smart woman to be his wife. Too bad ChengRui install a crazy wife in his life to undermine his power and as a spy. 

Eclipse02:

Yes i also worry about that. There is drama that actually need that long episodes and there is drama that need to reduce their filler scenes. I think if it has more than 10 eps additional, they should have make it 2 part. Instead of cutting the drama that they've made.

Yes if we talk about ChengYi next projects, what i really looking forwards are Broken Clouds 2 and General Order. They both have a good story based. And the character also very interesting and challenging for him to play. 

Wow, I didn't know about General Order.  Thank you so much for sharing this info, I've added to my PTW list - comes out in 2021, that's quite far away :O

You seem to know quite a lot about Cheng Yi's projects :)

Any other recommendations to look out for?

Dave:

For the first time after a whole ep i like yu ying in ep50 what she said to MY was awesome 

Yes, I really really enjoyed that scene.

For too long we've seen MY behaving all high and mighty, winning arguments with her own sense of logic and forcing her moral standards on others... now we have Yu Ying telling her the cold hard truth like a big wake up slap across her face.

So satisfying... xD

WandereR:

Wow, I didn't know about General Order.  Thank you so much for sharing this info, I've added to my PTW list - comes out in 2021, that's quite far away :O

You seem to know quite a lot about Cheng Yi's projects :)

Any other recommendations to look out for?

Well i only know it from this website listing those drama under Cheng Yi thread (actor thread). Both drama actually there is no real confirmation though. But i am really hoping that he can participate in the drama. 

His upcoming drama that already finish filming and still in production is Deep Lurk. But we don't have much information about his character profiling in the drama, and the trailer is not helping/unsufficient, but i also looking forward to it. But Mengxin Chang'an is the MOST anticipated drama that i really really looking forward to see. I share the link of behind the scenes of the drama production in drama thread that released  today. It is SOOO AMAAAZINGGGGGG... i can't waittt... :D