I will update this one after every Episode, so be aware, to read this spoiler free you need to have watched the most recent EPs. No character descriptions, just a quick look up.

New Character Chart, spoilers for up to EP15, this is for the 3rd (Gold Mine case) and 4th (explosion during solar eclipse) Story Arcs.

The cold medicine from the SanJu shop got so much screentime ... it feels kinda important so I put it at the bottom for reference.
I feel like my character chart is getting too much text! I am kind of explaining the plot. Maybe that is too much...

OLD Character Chart (Spoilers for everyone till EP6) 

If you have any corrections or wishes, please leave a comment <3

I think Consort Duan is the twin sister of Marquis Xindu's first wife (Wu Baiqi's deceased mom), not his sister hahah.

And yes I wish Cui Wan wasn't in the drama but there always has to be that one spoiled villainess -.-

One thing I'm really curious about is whether like in the synopsis, does Xu Jin already have the ability to see the future in dreams? The way he avoids Cui Wan, who seemed to be his primary consort? in Fu Rong's dreams, seems to hint at that or why he saved Fu Rong in the first episode from Wen Xing and the other guards.

Or if it's something he'll acquire later...

rosana777:
I think Consort Duan is the twin sister of Marquis Xindu's first wife (Wu Baiqi's deceased mom), not his sister hahah.

About that:
"Zhang Yaocheng, Duke Xin Du, Brother of Consort Duan. Supports Xu Mao politically"
This is from the DramaWiki

Maybe I should edit it to 'relatives' instead of 'sibilings'? I just took what the wiki gave me.  I have not fully understood the Xin Du Family. I think it would be nice to add that Wu Baiqi's mom died and that his half brother/Fu Rongs fiancé do not share the same mother. Man, all that kinda just passed me.

You are right about the part of him saving her. I was also a bit curious as to why he would do that. Dreams would explain that. Can't wait for that to be unraveled. For now we have not heard anything about him being able to also dream about the future, only the description hints at that. 

Also I am wondering what is about happened to her friend Qi Zhu. Is she the consort of the Emperor? I didn't really undestand that part while watching x.x (How do I  even put that in there!!?)

Hm, well that's what I understood from the drama itself, maybe the subtitles were wrong hahaha. But Marquis Xindu is definitely a Marquis, that's why WBQ is called Little Marquis~

But yeah, seems like it'll be something in the future. Other than randomly saving her tho, he hasn't acted like he recognizes her - not like Fu Rong has done, so maybe he doesn't have that ability yet.

aah the alliances are handy! I would love a relationship / family tree overview but I understand how hard those are to make, so we will just have to observe and maybe pray that someone else has 1) talented hands and 2) an incredible memory. Thank you so much for this!

mishtique:

aah the alliances are handy! I would love a relationship / family tree overview but I understand how hard those are to make, so we will just have to observe and maybe pray that someone else has 1) talented hands and 2) an incredible memory. Thank you so much for this!

This is the relationship/family tree. The colours are just to tie them all a bit closer together (for example violet are all the 'evil' people, their shop and their spy web).

For now our FL and ML are not together, they are not married so they have not formed their own family yet. It is going to be difficult to highlighten that (and spoilery) and I really do not want our FL together in one family with that spoiled Princess  Xi He TTATT

If you have another layout in mind that makes you better understand the families you can share other dramas character charts for me to check out and imitate. :3

Jen:
This is the relationship/family tree. The colours are just to tie them all a bit closer together (for example violet are all the 'evil' people, their shop and their spy web).

aah yea true but I kind of meant more in a way that's per generation, that you can see who is which child and who are who's sibling in a different way. lemme pull up an example

(you can totally ignore the actor's names, those aren't really necessary)

I fear that it might end up looking more like from the 'Story of MingLan'. And that is only one part! There are multiple scrolls like that!!! There are just so many characters here omg I try my best tho

rosana777:
Hm, well that's what I understood from the drama itself, maybe the subtitles were wrong hahaha

I went back to where Wu Baiqi went to visit Consort Duan and he addressed her as "姨母" (Mothers' sister/ maternal aunt). Thank you for your correction, btw! I will correct it in the next edit!
If you have anything else, shoot! :3

Jen:
I fear that it might end up looking more like from the 'Story of MingLan'. And that is only one part! There are multiple scrolls like that!!! There are just so many characters here omg I try my best tho

understandable! Do what feels best for you and please don´t feel pressured

also I lowkey feel like it might be best to either see this as a developing document or smth like that bc I wouldn´t be surprised if we would get a sh(t load of new characters in furter epidoes tbh

Jen:

The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion Character Chart

I made a character chart. For now they are only sorted by family to give a better view over everyones alliances. With the help of the awesome MDL community, we could make a character chart showing everyones relations to each other. I tried one before, but it was too overwhelming.
The colours also stand for the alliances. Ruyi Pavilion seems to be connected to the Fu Family (through Liu Ruyi being our FL Fu Rong's Shifu/Mentor) so I coloured them the same way. The shop 'Feng Lai Yi' belongs to Wu Baiqi, who is the son of Duke Xin Du who is supporting Xu Mao (3rd Prince) to become the future Emperor. The Spy web, aka Chun Pavilion also belongs to Duke Xin Du.

I would love to discuss more in this forum. For example who is even that spoiled princess Chu Wan? And is it possible to vote her out of the drama? I am fed up with spoiled characters like that. 

Great job!  Love the beautiful chart, it's very clear and easy to understand :)

The new version is extremely thorough, thank you so much! I love how you added small comments about strong opininons etc 

It looks wonderful, thank you so much!!

wait wait Xu Pin will have another possible love line with Gu Yuan? I'm in!

Amal:
wait wait Xu Pin will have another possible love line with Gu Yuan? I'm in!

Gu Yuan is interested in the "Farmer Ju Shui" poetry (who is Xu Pin). It's kind of like a fangirl crush. It is shortly mentioned in Ep1 (just one sentence, one can easily miss that) and at EP7 she openly confesses to being his fan when she gets to meet him in person haha He promisses her to sent her an invitation to his next event - "to thank you for being a fan."

Idk maybe the love <3 line is too much haha