TakeGis:

Hi, just wanted to share with you that I found a translation of the third novel of utsukushii kare, this is in Vietnam but you can use the translator to translate the whole page. Some things won't make much sense but most of it is understandable. I think the Google translation is pretty decent. There are also other translations of the parallel story of utsukushii kare but they are in image format. So it's harder to understand them, or well for me it is.

So I leave you the link of the page, in case you like to read it or are curious about how the story goes, personally I'm liking how it's going so far (◍•ᴗ•◍)

https://kisuju.wordpress.com/2022/05/07/tap-3-chuong-1/

I know the translator of this Vietnamese translation. I've asked her about it ages ago while I was searching for this novel to read. Just to let you know that it's actually edited MTL .  And the most important thing is most of the lines of this translation are completely different from the original meaning of the original novel! So don't get confused while reading from this translation ❤️❤️❤️

OMG, thank you so much for this comment White Lotus, because I tried to read a chapter of it using Google Auto Translator to English, and I had such a hard time making sense of it.  I could not tell if it was Hira talking, or Kiyoi.   In fact, it seemed like it was neither of them, and an omniscient narrator.  I thought that was strange, since the 1st and 2nd novels are narrated by Hira and Kiyoi.   

I had wondered if the author switched styles for the 3rd novel and decided to suddenly use an omniscient narrator.  But then I got to a part where it stopped being an omniscient narrator and was suddenly being narrated by Hira.  At that point I decided that the Google Auto Translation was simply a mess and gave up.  

But now that I've read your message, I am thinking that  perhaps the issue was a combination of Google Auto Translator plus the original Vietnamese translator.   Do you know if the 3rd novel is an omniscient narrator or is it narrated by Hira and Kiyoi just like the 1st and 2nd novels?

Unfortunately I haven't got the 3rd volume yet. So I can't tell you about it. I'm extremely sorry for that. I only have 1st & 2nd volumes which I got from Ximmich. But when I'll get the 3rd & 4th volumes (which I'll buy soon), I'll definitely let you know  ❤️❤️

I bought all the books(interlude too) like a year ago ( I have this fetish that I need to possess the physical book of a serie that I particularly like… even if I don’t understand the language but now google lens helps a little 😁) so I can say that the third book is like the other two with two different POV (Hira and Kiyoi).

Thank you for your reply AerialsInTheSky, I had a feeling the 3rd novel was narrated by Hira and Kiyoi just like the 1st and 2nd.

WhiteLotus, thank you for your reply too. You said you did not read the 3rd novel.  Does that mean that you were talking about the 1st novel when you described your Vietnamese friend's translation and had said the following:

"most of the lines of this translation are completely different from the original meaning of the original novel!"

Maggi64:

Thank you for your reply AerialsInTheSky, I had a feeling the 3rd novel was narrated by Hira and Kiyoi just like the 1st and 2nd.

WhiteLotus, thank you for your reply too. You said you did not read the 3rd novel.  Does that mean that you were talking about the 1st novel when you described your Vietnamese friend's translation and had said the following:

"most of the lines of this translation are completely different from the original meaning of the original novel!"

Well, when I asked her about the translation, she told me it was an edited MTL. But when I checked the vol. 1 & 2 of her translation after getting the raws, I found out that the meaning of the most lines are completely different from the original meaning. And I know it was inevitable since the Japanese language MTL is much more horrible than the Chinese language. Ah, she also mentioned in her site that her translation of Utsukushii kare is edited MTL from another converted language. She is actually like us, began to love Utsukushii kare after watching the drama ❤️

When you say MTL, do you mean "Machine Translation"?   

If so, wouldn't that be the same quality as an Auto Google Translation?    

I know you said she edited it, but if it was still originally a machine translation then that would explain why the narration was so confusing.

Because this would mean that  it was an edited Machine Translation from Japanese-to-Vietnamese, and then I used Auto Google Translation (ie, another machine), to translate it from Vietnamese-to-English.  In short, it was translated twice over by machines. lol 

Maggi64:

When you say MTL, do you mean "Machine Translation"?   

If so, wouldn't that be the same quality as an Auto Google Translation?    

I know you said she edited it, but if it was still originally a machine translation then that would explain why the narration was so confusing.

Because this would mean that  it was an edited Machine Translation from Japanese-to-Vietnamese, and then I used Auto Google Translation (ie, another machine), to translate it from Vietnamese-to-English.  In short, it was translated twice over by machines. lol 

You're right. But she didn't translate it directly from Japanese copy but from another translated language (she didn't mention it from which language; maybe from Thai language? I'm not sure tho) so it'll be Japanese- to-another language-to- Vietnamese- to-English. 😅😅😅

LOL, this means that by time I read it, a machine had translated it: 

1) From Japanese to Thai (or some other language)

2) From Thai to Vietnamese 

3) From Vietnamese to English

No wonder it made no sense! lol.  I stopped reading it after a couple of pages because it was so crazy.  Well, thank god we have people like you and Lollilop who do HUMAN translations.  Thank you!  It makes such a difference.

I am an English Professor, and a student told me recently that there is an app that can auto-write Essays if you just feed the computer the topic that your professor gives you.  I told her that, yes, maybe such an app exists, but there's no way the essays it writes are going to ever be as good as what a true human being writes.  Machines will never replace humans, right?  :)

Oh gosh, that's wild it's been converted so many times! Thank you for the explanation! And for your hard work properly translating it! I have some canon questions I was hoping these would answer, but I guess I'll take everything in that computer translation with a grain of salt. XD

Hi.. I wanna make some corrections. I again knocked Bong Dai  (the Vietnamese translator of Utsukushii Kare) today. I asked her more properly this time! Vol.1 of UK is translated (Edited Machine Translation) from Chinese language.  Vol. 2 is directly translated from Japanese . But it's also edited MTL (Machine Translation) since she doesn't know both Chinese and Japanese. Vol.3 is also same. It's an edited MTL from Japanese original book. Hope this information will help you who want to read it from Vietnamese translation ❤️

Thank you for your clarification White Lotus.  But I think I shall just wait until some individual does a complete human translation.  I really do enjoy the way translators like you get the idiomatic expressions and nuances properly in translations, and that is something machines can never do. Even if they are an edited MTL translation, it's just not the same as the way a human translator will construct entire passages carefully.  I really appreciate your hard work and enjoyed your recent update.   

Incidentally, translating is considered such a difficult project that Columbia University, where I went, has an entire Graduate Degree program in the Art of Translating.  Students get Masters Degrees and PhD's in Translating.   So I know how much academics respect what you do.  You should be proud of being a translator!

Thanks for looking into that, White Lotus! I think I'll still skim them when I get a chance just to get a general idea of the story, and hope that you and Lollipop continue on and read those too when the chance comes. I'm sure those will make far more sense and be much more rewarding, so it won't even feel like a reread. Ah, this fandom used to be so tiny, and now I feel so spoiled for content. :,o Thank you to all three of you, Bong Dai included!

Can you Send me the link of nikurashii kare cd uncensord please?

hello! thank you so much for taking the time to write this post it was super helpful :') if it's still possible, would you be comfortable with sharing the uncensored version of the nikurashii kare cd? :D