I'm pretty late but here's my theory. In here I saw other interesting theories regarding case 2 like, him being an antagonist or him being connected to Do Kang woo and I would, I guess, agree as well

Here's mine. What if Do Kang-woo already knows about the Fabre Lab thing? In his 8 months in Japan, he could've easily found out about it, met Case 2 and such. But he didn't tell Kang Center since it might affect her or she'll become a target like what's happening now. We know that Do Kang woo cares a lot about Kang Center.  And what if Case 2 knew about Kang Center and after hearing her missing, he/she goes to Korea to help find Kang Center using his/her ears like Kang Kwon-joo did.  Park Eunseo might end up substituting Kang Kwonjoo and Derek Cho will probably be the team leader. It'll be nice if Moo Jinhyuk comes tho. Anyway, so now, the GTT will not only solve crimes but also have to find out what Do Kangwoo has discovered in Japan at the same time find Kang Kwon-joo and her past. The antagonist would have to be that lady "Goddess Lee",  Bang Jesoo and the people behind Fabre Lab.  

That'll be all I guess, I could be right or wrong but then again, this is just my theory and I apologize if it's confusing.

so Bangin definitely knows Bang JeSoo and the Fabre group.  I wish Kang Center had more time to talk to BangMin to know more, but doubt he would talk, and since he has the excuse of being mentally ill and in the hospital.

this Fabre group is obssessed with Kang coz they experimented (?) on her as a child.  in season 5, wonder if there are scenes set in the US to investigate the lab.

and that female doctor, she seems the one playing the piano and talking to JeSoo in season 3 ep 16?

this story reminds me of the recent Kdrama Awaken and Mouse, where there is child experimentation.

Almost everyone seems to be convinced that Do Kang Woo is dead but I'm not.

Firstly the way the death scene was shot, how we don't even know WHERE he was shot. then the lack of funeral. We don't see one in season 3, nor do we see one as a flashback in season 4. Considering how close kang kwon joo was to do kang woo, we don't even see her visit his grave.

Then that scene of do kang woo standing somewhere (Island? Sea-side?) I mean if they want to make it seem like it was the afterlife they could have shot the scene differently. We see power cables, streetlight, even the edge what looks like a sign board. And his scar, why does he still have his scar if he's dead?

Makers of voice have always been meticulous about the way scenes are shot. So why didnt they choose a better location or edit out the other details?

Then there's the return of bang je soo in the last episode. I would say that instead of Japan, we are likely heading to USA for season 5. And its very likely that Do Kang Woo will be there too

Echoineternity:
Almost everyone seems to be convinced that Do Kang Woo is dead but I'm not.

Firstly the way the death scene was shot, how we don't even know WHERE he was shot.

Literally in the head. He bleeds(large amount of blood) from his head as they all cry around him.
They literally announce him dead in the news.

eclOOO:

Literally in the head. He bleeds(large amount of blood) from his head as they all cry around him.
They literally announce him dead in the news.

We assume he was shot in the head and yes its likely but we don't know where in his head. As a doctor I can tell you that's its important to know that. It's not unheard of that people survive a bullet to the head. There are a couple of cases. Secondly my previous points stand, we could have gotten a funeral scene or even a grave scene but we don't. Bang je soo says "kaneki is dead" but doesn't say anything about do kang woo. News outlets also announced that Do kang woo had been kidnapped in the beginning of season 3. We know he had smuggled himself. If they do bring him back, the makers can easily fill in these blanks. They can show that his body disappeared. They can show that he was taken to a hospital and declared dead but was actually secretly taken away. There's literally a world of possibilities 

Like explain why he's standing in a place with street lamps, power cables and sign posts at the very end then?

Also lets not forget that there have been impossible scenarios throughout. Like shim dae shik surviving after multiple blows to his head when they should have crushed his skull completely. This is the world of fiction. Literally anything is possible