I feel like we all are spamming the comment section talking about spoilers and theories (including me!). So I thought I'd start a discussion thread where we can talk and speculate freely! 

- De or someone in his family is sick so he had to stay for 2 years to help

- Yi saw him and that woman and baby, misunderstood, and then blocked De

- De thinks that Yi hates him because he left for 2 years instead of 2 months

- De comes back and can't find Yi, or Yi has left the country (there is a reason they don't meet) and that slap is their first meetings OR

- De comes back and meets Yi and Yi rejects De or maybe De is dating something (I pray not this) or De see's something and thinks Yi has moved on with his life (so that slap could be their first meeting or that slap could be about something else and the trailer used it to mislead us)

- the father is actually mad because Yi has been heartbroken over De for the past 5 years

I really hope the angst is over soon. I want them to be happy and in love not broken up over a misunderstanding like this!

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the baby is De's brother, and the hospital bills are for De's stepfather. I don't know who the woman (maybe a nanny? although if they can afford a nanny, plus that house, in the U.S., the hospital bills shouldn't be a problem)  is, but quite frankly I don't blame Yi for ghosting De.  De says "hey, i'm gonna be away for two months" then leaves for two years and when Yi comes to see him, De's playing happy families on a picnic blanket with a baby and a woman  hand feeding him cake.    Don't tell me you wouldn't jump to the same conclusions Yi did.  It's deliberately staged to be very suspicious, either by the writers to drum up interest in the series, or as something Yi's dad did as part of the plot.

But remember De said that Yi was his first kiss?

Also, the patient name on the hospital bills was 'Troy A Cornelius',  which sounds more like a man's name to me.  So I think De stayed to help his mum whilst his stepfather was in hospital and then his stepfather either recovered, or more likely died, and the baby is his brother.  The woman could be his step-sister I suppose.  Remember that this a drama, and the writers have got to amp up the drama-ness of it all, so that line about telling Yi things in person could just be over-exaggerated (even though sending it just after Yi seen's De with playing happy families with a woman and baby is terrible timing....)

I definitely don't think the baby is Shi De's. I think the mostly likely options are step sibling or half brother and step sister. I think the "there are somethings I need to tell you" was about him needing to stay longer to help his family, not about a secret baby he fathered. 

It's unfortunate that Shu Yi jumped to that conclusion and ghosted him, but I think a LOT of the anger is going to be more about Shi De staying in American for TWO years. I just feel like Shi De has mutual friends with Shu Yi so he could have found a way to explain the baby, which makes me thing the anger is more about staying in America. 

I  cannot wait for some of this angst, because it feels like a happy ending type of show to me personally.. so I love some drama. 

i feel like maybe he had a step sister or something who had a baby and she was the one in the park. im not sure. maybe with the baby and something happening with his new step father, he had to help financially and couldn't come back bc of that?? the scene where shi de throws shu yi onto the couch is honestly scaring me tho and nothing better happen like what happened with fighter and tutor in why r u bc i will be heart broken oml. oh and i looked up the medicine that was on the hospital bills and one of them (i dont remember what, its been a few days lol) said that it is commonly used for women during labor but im not sure why it would be on the bill for a "troy" but i also shouldn't assume that troy isn't the one giving birth, so who knows. we'll see ig. 

It’s all the daddy’s fault.  

Clearly you can see it that he was against his own son dating another guy. Since the 1st season, I figure that he contacted De and gave him an offer that he couldn’t refuse.

When Yi saw him, he was with his family (not direct). She calls the baby, baby, and not De, but with the action that took place and the form they were, Yi misunderstood, and it make sense since De was already back, and he never contact Yi.

But at the end, daddy Yi is the reason why De never contact him. At the end, he will become the head of the organization and this will make Yi look bad. And this is my other theory. De knows about Yi’s family and the opportunity that he might have. That’s why he never contacts him. Daddy Yi basically told him that if he keeps dating his song (Yi), he will personally remove Yi from his life, money, and future opportunities. So, De took the bullet!

I think the reason that Shou Yi ghosted Shi De for 5 years, may have something to do with Shou Yi's father? I recall in the first season (last episode I think) that someone informed his father about their relationship. So I think he may have done something (threaten or whatever). That's why he's proving himself in order to be successful to become worthy of Shou Yi's love. I know, that doesn't excuse Shi De's cold shoulder for many years, but still... haha

G-Senpai:

It’s all the daddy’s fault.  

Clearly you can see it that he was against his own son dating another guy. Since the 1st season, I figure that he contacted De and gave him an offer that he couldn’t refuse.

When Yi saw him, he was with his family (not direct). She calls the baby, baby, and not De, but with the action that took place and the form they were, Yi misunderstood, and it make sense since De was already back, and he never contact Yi.

But at the end, daddy Yi is the reason why De never contact him. At the end, he will become the head of the organization and this will make Yi look bad. And this is my other theory. De knows about Yi’s family and the opportunity that he might have. That’s why he never contacts him. Daddy Yi basically told him that if he keeps dating his song (Yi), he will personally remove Yi from his life, money, and future opportunities. So, De took the bullet!

OMG! just read this. I so agree with this theory. Hope this one holds true. :-D

Nyx Medina:

I think the reason that Shou Yi ghosted Shi De for 5 years, may have something to do with Shou Yi's father? I recall in the first season (last episode I think) that someone informed his father about their relationship. So I think he may have done something (threaten or whatever). That's why he's proving himself in order to be successful to become worthy of Shou Yi's love. I know, that doesn't excuse Shi De's cold shoulder for many years, but still... haha

I completely agree with you. I’m glad I am not the only one! Now, you brought a good point regarding; somebody informing the daddy Yi. I think is the one that is always telling Yi to be calm and not emotional when he talks to De. At the end, I think he did it not to be the bad guy, but genuinely trying to help Yi!

I can’t wait to see the second episode. I think this will reveal everything and finally Yi and De will be together…. Fighting daddy Yi in his opposition against their relationship. That, and that De needs to win back Yi’s trust ^_^.

So true! Most likely it is the father opposing the gay relationship of his son and pressuring/threatening the other guy (Shi De) to end it (or maybe insinuating he is not good enough for the son - Shou Yi). Now that would be a great story. You and me against the world! haha

On a side note, I also liked the similarities of habits by the Chief Technological Officer with "L" in Death Note the series. hehe

I also would have wanted to see  Shi De's cousin hit it off with the bartender featured last season. :-D

Nyx Medina:

So true! Most likely it is the father opposing the gay relationship of his son and pressuring/threatening the other guy (Shi De) to end it (or maybe insinuating he is not good enough for the son - Shou Yi). Now that would be a great story. You and me against the world! haha

On a side note, I also liked the similarities of habits by the Chief Technological Officer with "L" in Death Note the series. hehe

I also would have wanted to see  Shi De's cousin hit it off with the bartender featured last season. :-D

LMFO.... L! Why I didn’t think about that reference before? In my mind, his movements look similar to something that I saw before, but I couldn’t put a finger on it…LMFO. You definitely KO that one!

I've rewatched the first episode. In the last scene, Shi De mentions that he can do "anything" for Shou Yi. I guess that implies that the reason why he made himself scarce for the past 5 years was that he did it for the sake of SY. I guess something along the line that SY's father threatened SD that if they will continue their gay relationship, the father will disown and disinherit SY.  :-O

Nyx Medina:

I've rewatched the first episode. In the last scene, Shi De mentions that he can do "anything" for Shou Yi. I guess that implies that the reason why he made himself scarce for the past 5 years was that he did it for the sake of SY. I guess something along the line that SY's father threatened SD that if they will continue their gay relationship, the father will disown and disinherit SY.  :-O

Exactly! I think everythin will come to light on the next episode! It's going to be awesome ^_^