Hi I just finished reading the novel  一座城,在等你  Waiting For You in a City and can't wait for this drama adaptation  Creating this discussion so we can discuss the novel and/or differences with the drama adaptation

English Translation https://maemthebanana.wordpress.com/category/a-city-waiting-for-you/

Original novel: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2903976

Audiobook  https://www.ximalaya.com/youshengshu/23554865/

I've read the novel translation too.. and I kinda imagined the leads when I read it.. LOL

I really loved the novel... and can't wait for the drama to air.. Hopefully, the subtitle will be available right after it airs.. LOL

Me too! Since I read it after the drama already has the cast, I imagined their faces for the characters and think they fit really well. Beautiful leads!

I like novel very much and I cannot wait drama adaptation.  I read again when the cast were confirmed and  also imagined their faces for the characters especially ML and FL . I like Yang Yang so I am eager to watch drama adaptation and hope it the same with novel. I have no doubt in Yang Yang 's skill  because he performed well in YAMG. 

This story has a lot of similarities to Jane Austen's Persuasion to me.  This is also a second chance love story with more matured leads who originally broke up because of family pressure and FL thought she was making the prudent decision. While ML is not able to be a part of that upper class society, he pursues a respectable profession and FL comes around to appreciating him even more. Both still love each other after all that time. I feel like this is a good modernization of similar themes.

Can someone tell me what chapter they get back together? Thanks.. 

I read the book , its been a while tho. I feel like sometimes even their lines are similar and sometimes I feel like so many new things are added. I dont remember so jun(?) getting hurt and leaving in the novel or in the teaser it looks like xu qin is going under the wreck when song yan got hurt , I remember song yan getting hurt like that but xu qin just saw him being carried outside of the wrecksite, I think they dramatized that which I'm not complaining. but it looks like they added some scenes of song yan seriously getting sick/hurt that wasnt in the novel because in one of the trailers we see song yan flatline and xu qin is trying to rescue him at the hospital. was there such a scene in the original novel? I was really confused with that but considering even in the novel song yan suffered a lot physically , I think the drama writers wanted him to suffer even more in the drama. I also saw a scene in a trailer where song yan saves xu qin's mother from fire which wasnt included in the novel as well . tho this dfferences confuses me its also making me excited as we dont exactly whats expecting us as the people who is coming from the novel. I really must say yangyang is doing a great job when portraying song yan tho. same goes for the FL. I think the choice of the actors/actresses needs appreactian. I'm really looking forward to the drama 

3naVIP:

Can someone tell me what chapter they get back together? Thanks.. 

You need to read from chapter 31, from hospital to earthquake then aftershock. They get their chemistry from there and  after that, it is the reason why FL have courage to change her life..

Decided to read the book before watching the show since the show just started airing.  I'm only 8 chapters in, but have a question.

Does she have OCD or anxiety? It comes across that way.

She does have anxiety... the novel  does not give her a diagnosis but I think she may even have CPTSD

Nope:

Decided to read the book before watching the show since the show just started airing.  I'm only 8 chapters in, but have a question.

Does she have OCD or anxiety? It comes across that way.

Than that call anxiety, in my opinion, she described it very well when she became "disobey" aftershock. She describe that she is like as pet in zoo. Sometimes got punish, sometimes got love etc. That time when she realized what happened to SY when he is in military. Expecially her mother never gave him chance of good career. 

Chande:

You need to read from chapter 31, from hospital to earthquake then aftershock. They get their chemistry from there and  after that, it is the reason why FL have courage to change her life..

Thank you so much.. 

Eu quero muito ler o romance, alguem sabe onde encontro em portugues?

Answering some of the questions posted above: Sou Jun's character was changed for the drama. He actually appears in the novel quite a bit and he doesn't get hurt either. Same with Jiang Ju, his character was changed for the drama, or rather expanded. It was mentioned he did go on a blind date with Xu Qin, but to my knowledge, Song Yan is unaware of this the whole time, even when Xu Qin finally introduced them at the bar. Xu Qin does not goes down to the wreck in the novel, it seems they added more drama to this. I am also wondering about Song Yan getting the fibrillator treatment, that is not in the book