MaryThomas:

One bit I forgot to add Zhou Mu was LB/WB title/roll by then. It was like a governor of a state only far more powerful. More like the King or head of state only answering to the Emporer himself.

I read this epilogue maybe 50 times in the last 8 wks especially the R-rated part...lol, I wish this would have been in the drama.......Thank you for posting it here.

I need the epilogue about YS and the rest of the family. I just can't find it in English yet.

cocoppa:

But SS also gave birth right?? After hby and her get back together??

Yes, read the epilogue @MaryThomas posted today.  They do have kids not sure how many. 

@MaryThomas, I am sorry to ask, but who's Axiu? Thank you for your answer!

@MaryThomas. Thank You so much, really appreciated your epilogue translate is awesome.

I could imagine Wu Lei and Lushi nailed this scene perfectly or else they’ll shocked beautifully beyond any of my imagination 😊

hell59:

@MaryThomas, I am sorry to ask, but who's Axiu? Thank you for your answer!

During LB's exile, he made peace with several Hun clans. This allowed the empire to move into the territory. Axiu was the only surviving son of one of the major tribal clan leaders in the region. They  ( LB amd CCS) met him  along the road on their move there post marriage. LB had become the governor for the newly formed state. Axiu had been very weak at birth and so according to the witch doctors customs, was dressed as a girl. Meanwhile, CCS for safety was cross dressing as a guy lol! He teased her about marrying her. Of course that didn't go down so well with LB LOL! And so that first meeting was slightly a disaster. Later, he was always around their house either for training or education purposes. They grew to really care for him. He did grow uo and have children of his own, and even became chief of his tribe, but died fairly young. We know from the YS epilgoue portion that they had already buried her grandmother and parents, the Emporer and Empress, and had their children settled into marriages and positions and even has grandchildren at this point (YS had children and grandchildren too). When CSS and LB found out he had died, it triggered then to try to spend the rest of their lives the way they had wanted too before. Here is a quote from that epilogue. This is between Chen Gong her twin brother, and YS, they are in YS's carriage and heading to her Huo mansion at his insistence. He is confused after a long illness and insistent that it is the day of the Lantern Festival even though it is not. Please pardon it, I didn't clean up the English much, just the pronouns:

You remember everything, only, only forget that Shaoshang has left.." He choked and couldn't say any more.
Yuan Shen murmured, as if in a dream: "So she's gone... I remember it.
"She said that she wants to live the rest of her life happily.
"She hopes that the sun will shine brightly every day. , the spring breeze won't stop. lf you die in the future, no matter where you are, you just need to be buried with Huo Zisheng.
But, didn't you promise that you would be buried in Yuan's ancestral tomb with me in the future?
Shao Gong's tears became more fierce, but Yuan Shen patted him on the back lightly and comforted: "It's okay, when you get older, you will always forget things.
Young Gong, don't feel bad for me, Shao Shang is not. Choosing the wrong person, Huo Budo treats her very well. He has kept her in his heart fothe time before them. Hou couldn't bear to let the previous emperor fight alone, so he had to stay in the court. The new emperor succeeded to the throne. He assisted him for years
Strength, shoulders collapsed like a real old
man.
He said in a low voice, "l remember, they left
half a year ago. Shao Shang also said that he didn't plan to return to the capital again.
Here, she sent away the Queen Mother Xuan, and then sent away Emperor Wen and Yue. The queen, the elder of the Cheng family, and then received the news of the death of the little chieftain, who sent off the late emperor three years ago-she doesn't want to come back here again." The atmosphere in the car was stagnant, and after a long time, Yuan Shenqiang said with a smile: "Look at me, I'm really confused, and l actually forgot about this. It seems that l'd better get old in advance, so as not to miss the important affairs of the court.
Shao Gong couldn't bear it any longer, and sh
ed old tears: "No, you Your memory has always been very good, you, you just had a serious illness.
After the illness, you remember everything.

MintChocolate:

@MaryThomas. Thank You so much, really appreciated your epilogue translate is awesome.

I could imagine Wu Lei and Lushi nailed this scene perfectly or else they’ll shocked beautifully beyond any of my imagination ?

I love their rendition. The ending of the show is better than the book in my opinion! I love that they wrapped it up surrounded by family amd she and her mother finally coming to a point of relationship.

This novel is one of the best stories I’ve come to love in such a long time.  Like everyone I am waiting for a day when there will be a very good translation copy in English to read.  This drama turned out to be one of China’s best work of art in my opinion.  I hope this will live long as one of the greatest drama stories ever told.  

It’s so amazing YS never forget CSS.  He truly loved her as well.  I’m glad they spent their lives being good friends. She turned out to be lucky getting some much love and many relationships in her life.  It makes me so happy. 

@MaryThomas, thank you so much for clarifying to me who Axiu is and for all your precious summaries of the epilogue!

@MaryThomas How old is YS at the end when he has memory loss? Any idea of HBY CSS age at this time?

does anyone know the emperor, empress Xuan and consort Yue's age  I'm just curious 

MaryThomas:

I love their rendition. The ending of the show is better than the book in my opinion! I love that they wrapped it up surrounded by family amd she and her mother finally coming to a point of relationship.

Yes I do think so too. The show ending is superb. So impressive.

A bit of a tease and it felt timeless… 

That is why we could always go back and forth each episodes, and still felt whirlwind of emotions like first time watching. 

Understand the novel was about time travel for CSS, could I know how was this revealed eventually and any story thereafter please?

dramafeast:

Understand the novel was about time travel for CSS, could I know how was this revealed eventually and any story thereafter please?

At the very beginning of the story, CSS wakes up in the new body and doesn’t even know how she looks like. Throughout the book, she thinks about her past experiences and life as she does things. Like her setting up contraption for 5th princess, she remembers how she did it in school and so on.

Mdzhela:

At the very beginning of the story, CSS wakes up in the new body and doesn’t even know how she looks like. Throughout the book, she thinks about her past experiences and life as she does things. Like her setting up contraption for 5th princess, she remembers how she did it in school and so on.

Thank you! And did it have any effect on LBY and others thereafter? Like going back to the future?

dramafeast:

Thank you! And did it have any effect on LBY and others thereafter? Like going back to the future?

No, it did not. She reincarnated fully and the old body has died. However she came with the engineering knowledge and other things that she knew from her university studies, such as nutrition:))