Details

  • Last Online: 4 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 9 LV1
  • Birthday: November 30
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: October 4, 2015
Replying to AnicsiRoscoe • Sep 11, 2018
Title Still 17 Spoiler
I've seen Yang Se Yong in three dramas so far. The first one, Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim, I thought the role…
I don't really think it's a spoiler, but I am not sure since I haven't seen "Duel". But apparently he plays three different people in that drama, and has been praised for his superb acting. Maybe you should watch that one to decide if he's a worthy actor :)
0 0
Replying to KYUNGSOOS BACK • Sep 11, 2018
Title Still 17 Spoiler
SO. MANY. FEELS. episode 13 (25-26) I did not see all that coming at once. I was expecting it, but not over the…
I agree omg, SO MUCH HAPPENING AT ONCE, I CANNOT---
Honestly, though, I wished they hadn't made Hyung Tae into the typical clingy overreacting male second lead. I thought it was really touching how he cared for her, but as a friend. It just doesn't make any sense. They weren't even dating when she fell into a coma. There was no guarantee that she would ever wake up. I find it unbelievable that he waited for her for 13 years, with romantic feelings involved. I wished they had just let him be a very good and loyal friend. Bummer...
0 0
On Still 17 • Sep 11, 2018
Title Still 17
And finally the bomb dropped. Cannot wait for the next episode, omg. So many secrets revealed!
(Also, can I just say how much I love Gong Woo Jin?? I want a man like him, d'awwww)
4 0
Replying to drama123 • Sep 11, 2018
Title Still 17
shin hye sun is the one who made me watch this drama, i like from a long time ago and she proved herself as a…
I've seen Yang Se Yong in three dramas so far. The first one, Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim, I thought the role really suited him. He was very convincing and I was itching to see him in another leading role.
Temperature of love on the other hand, was boring to death. I don't blame it on the actors, because I love the female lead to bits after Another Miss Oh, so it was the production itself that sucked.
Now finally in this show, I think Yang Se Yong finally found his calling. Personally I am loving him in this role. You can clearly see his awkwardness, the way he sometimes slouches his shoulders or sits on his hands, then yet again, his emotional outbursts are really heartfelt as well. And those moments he smiles and shows a moment of maturity are beautiful.
I wouldn't say he's my favorite actor, and he still has things to learn for sure, but I like that he's not one of the typical Korean chaebol- or dreamboat types.
3 0
kkdrama • Sep 8, 2018
I recommend you watch Time between Dog and Wolf, especially if you're a fan of Lee Joon Gi. Albeit old, it's fantastic! One of the best action/revenge dramas I've seen, and lovely romance on top. I agree with your list, I have to say from all of them 'You're all surrounded' is the least memorable to me. My personal favorite on the list is 'City Hunter', the reason being that it was stellar even back in the day and it left me with too many feelings to even properly explain how much I loved every second of the drama. (Although I wished the kiss scene(s) were a bit less... eh... static lol).

To add to the list:
Yong Pal - loving it so much for the female lead
I remember you/Hello Monster - not only a revenge drama but heavy on the mystery and one of my top favorites
Lawless Attorney - I haven't finished it yet, but I enjoy it so far. Loads of evil plots to uncover. Lee Joon Gi just shines in those kind of roles.
7 0
Replying to tatka • Sep 6, 2018
This drama is quite fun to watch. I think this kind of character suits Lee Shi Young, as well as the strong and…
Sadly I have to disagree about the subs. I started watching the first episode, but it's not only about personal pronouns being switched, most of the grammar is so bad that barely anything makes sense. Sure, you can somewhat guess what they're talking about, but that's not the point. I hope some better subs will come around or I'll have to sit this one out :(
1 0
On Are You Human? • Sep 5, 2018
I think I have to drop this three episodes before completing it. I loved NSIII from the beginning, the idea of having a robot friend and just how genuinely nice and caring his character was, really touched me. However, I just cannot get over the actual romantic relationship between NSIII and So Bong. Just no. He's is a frigging machine. You can enjoy being with him, you can find comfort with him, but you just CANNOT love him in a romantic way. It defies all reason. I really wished they didn't go down that road, because it's making it impossible for me to enjoy the second half of the show. Too bad...
3 0
Replying to naccu • Jul 25, 2018
Title Master's Sun
It's been years since I watched The Master's Sun. It was one of my first dramas and I really liked it but I'm…
Same!! Thinking back now, I don't really think it was especially memorable. I don't want to rewatch it, though, I think it would spoil the good feelings.
0 0
On Where Stars Land • Jul 24, 2018
I never really liked Chae Soo Bin's acting in romance dramas. I hope she redeems herself with this. Lee Je Hoon ♡
7 0
On Signal • Jul 24, 2018
Title Signal
I am on episode 7, and while the criminal cases are very interesting and intriguing, I think the main characters' stories aren't getting enough screen time. The past (Lee Jae Han) shows some strong bonds and touching relationships, but in the future I am like: who are those people? I barely know anything about them. They don't interact with each other enough to get a glimpse into their personalities and there is barely family or friends to give us more depth. Bottom line, I don't feel attached to the characters at all, which is a shame. I hope it improves in the second leg of the drama.
3 1
On My Love from the Star • Jul 22, 2018
It was my first K-Drama, so I hold it close to my heart. I still think it's one of the best and most memorable. Sucked me right into dramaland.
15 0
On Wok of Love • Jul 21, 2018
Title Wok of Love
While it is sadly obvious the drama was cut short by one episode (1hr), it's been a while since an ending left me with such a satisfying feeling and huge smile on my face. I can say I thoroughly enjoyed that drama. I loved all the characters, the romance, the bromance, the mouth-watering food.... All in all it was a lovely drama I anticipated each and every week!! 9/10 stars from me due to some minor shortcomings.
3 0
Replying to Wandering_Queen • Jul 17, 2018
I also crave dramas with female friendships! Have you watched Ode to Joy or Age of Youth?
I really hope you give Age of Youth a chance. I am usually bored with friendship dramas, as you said, but this one is so much more. It's a coming of age drama that most of us can relate to. There's a hint of mystery as well. In fact, the girls living with each other aren't even really friends at first, but they slowly grow on each other naturally. It's one of the most refreshing and beautiful dramas I've seen.
0 0
Replying to Gabriel Goldemberg • Jul 17, 2018
Another miss Oh Fl lead is not a good example, instead the so called antagonist, "the Pretty" is a perfect example…
With 'everyone freaked out', I meant there was a lot of controversy about that specific kiss, especially in the Asian community, because he grabs her wrists and keeps kissing her despite her refusing. The drama was criticized for such a seemingly violent scene and its acceptance. I wasn't talking about you specifically.
And while I don't mean to offend you, I get the feeling that you may misunderstand me because English isn't your first language: 'I will spare you (the details)' is simply a phrase along the lines of 'I won't get into length and talk too much because it might be boring to you...'. Again, no offense meant in any way.
Lastly, everyone has a different opinion about certain dramas and that's fine. I just wanted to share mine :)
1 0
Replying to Gabriel Goldemberg • Jul 17, 2018
Another miss Oh Fl lead is not a good example, instead the so called antagonist, "the Pretty" is a perfect example…
I completely agree with TaemonRebel. Personally I loved every second of the drama and I thought it was very inspiring. Exactly because there is not a single character I can whole-heartedly look up to, yet I find myself in their shoes and still see glimpses of their character that fascinate me. When I said 'developed and female lead' in Another Miss Oh, I was talking about the pretty and the 'just' Oh Hae Young. For me, they are both equally leads in this drama, and it's incredible how much I can relate to both. They both had their fair share of misfortune and sad experiences. Humans are both, beautiful and ugly creatures when it comes to love. Everyone freaked out about the 'wall kiss', but I could truly feel the desperation in that moment, and I loved the choices of the director to make us feel the intensity of their relationship. It's better than a lukewarm happy-go-lucky romance we have seen a million times before, that may make our hearts flutter but have nothing to do with reality. I could really go into length about this, but I'll spare you and just say that, for me, it is one of the most realistic depiction of human nature and romance there is.
1 0
Wandering_Queen • Jul 16, 2018
I love that you showed a gif of Age of Youth. In my opinion it's one of the dramas that portrays the individuality and complexity of women best. Although some cliches are involved, I could see myself and my friends in all the characters, which made it a wonderful show to experience.
I do think some dramas break with the stereotypes you mentioned in this article, but over all, you are right. I don't think this is attributed solely to Asian series, though.
If I had to name a few that in my opinion show very developed and independent female leads, it's: "It's Okay, that's love", "Another Miss Oh", "Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim", "Oh my Venus", "Just between lovers".
They all show strong and weak traits at the same time, and are pretty straightforward with their feelings, standing on the same level as the male lead. This is possibly also a reason they belong to my favorite dramas.
16 0
Replying to Badass Bunny • Jul 8, 2018
Title Still 17
You should be crazy about Yang after Duel and Romantic doctor KimU don't like his acting or....what
Temperature of Love was just plain boring, that might have been why you didn't like him. Well, in my opinion anyway. I loved him in Romantic Doctor, too, so I am excited to see him in another leading role. Do watch RomDoc btw, it's a great great drama!
1 0
Replying to purple_kimchi • Jul 4, 2018
Title Wok of Love
Okay, a quick poll: does Poong really seem like that much of a bad boss to you folks? I get that he's strict and…
I agree with you, but I also agree with Sae Woo. Calling someone out on their mistakes in front of the entire crew is humiliating and devastating, even when it's true. Poong could have just left it at a remark and talked to her privately after. However, as he explained, it gets chaotic in the kitchen and of course he would be nervous to give the customers the best service. I can see both sides of the medal here. But yeah, I don't think he's bad enough to be hated by all
6 0
On Miss Hammurabi • Jul 4, 2018
What idiot changed the synopsis to something that happens in the final two episodes??? That's pure spoiler, what the heck?
5 0