you are just gay admit it this drama haven’t been released yet so where did you watch your own ?
You know, gay means "happy" & can also mean same sex attraction. So I admit it, I am a happy queer person. I have no clue how this pertains to critiquing a director's body of work, though. It appears English either isn't your first language, which, if that's the case, go off polyglot queen. Or, you need to study more on reading comprehension & critical thinking skills. Because, the comment is about the director's ability to film romantic scenes. I cited her most recent work, Love Beyond the Grave, as the reference to WHY I feel nervous about THIS show. The show that is, checks notes, a ROMANCE. If you don't understand film critic just continue about your day. I'm talking about the technical aspects that create a piece of art.
I think i finally figured out what is missing with the cinematography...atmosphere. the thin smoke that adds depth to scenes. you might not notice it in everything you watch but when it's missing something just feels...off. I couldnt figure it out until I was watching a scene at night time interior shot in the mortal realm. everything looks too clear. there are not particles in the air to case streams of light...there is not incense or candle smoke lingering in the air. I know this is 100% not going to matter to most reading this, but for me it explains the lack of "romance" to the shots. atmosphere brings mood, depth, reality...I can understand it missing from a spirit world...but when it's missing from a mortal world it looses the grounding that connects feeling to a still image.
Watching LBTG has made me a bit nervous for the romantic scenes in this. The director is okay, but it's just not hitting like a romance should imo...idk I might be nervous for nothing, but yeah, I can't think of the best way to describe WHY I think the way I do...I'm enjoying LBTG, but I do have some critiques of the film language, lighting, framing, and overall cinematography...
I think imma have to stay out of the comment section. every time I see someone bashing this show for x, y, z reason I look up their watch list & ratings & realize why. so many people coming into a show with a preconceived notion of what it should be and that it will never be as good as x, y, z thing & so-and-so will never be as good as this person that is plastered all over my profile page...but imma act like i am a totally impartial 3rd party...😒🙃 I'm just fascinated that so many people can watch the same thing and come away with actual opposite opinions/takes. I dont recognize enough of the commenters to "hear" their voice when reading, so all it's doing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth when I original came to enjoy the show.
I saw trailer of this drama trailer way before I started binge watching cdramas like 1 year or 1 and half year…
its a few things...the show being a sequel with only one person(that I can recall) reprising their role, and it's the FL's younger version playing the FL in this. which brings me to the 2nd reason...Tian Tian got in a bit of hot water with a misunderstanding that led to other things about her family being picked apart...aka dont take the rating for what is happening on screen, but rather people who having watched an episode rating it.
give the first 3 episodes a shot. ep 1 is pretty much visually showing you a lot of exposition to catch everyone up on where this story(show) is starting. But it shows you the director's style, the acting, action, costumes etc. 2-5 we are still back and forth but the story is starting to continue forward.
Did not realize how much Yan An(Veil of Shadows) and Zhang Kang Le(Rebirth) look alike until they wore the same hair style. I think it's the eyebrows with the "slut strands" and half up half down with a similar jawline. And because I haven't really seen much of their work until this month/year I was like, huh I'm watching the same guy in two shows airing at the same time that's odd that it happened twice this month(looking at you Miles, looking at you), only look it up and be humbled. 5 year age difference too....my bad yall. It's giving Daniel Zhou and Chen Xin Hai, similar but different.(but at least they are closer in age) It doesn't help that a lot of the time people get dubbed over so unless I see them on a variety show or in an interview I don't really know what they sound like. And I can't trust a hairline to help me because wigs... So until the person starts moving around and I get used to how they carry themselves it takes my brain a second to catch up and save to the brain bank.
Question about a certain supporting cast member's involvement in the show...controversial so, comment below with…
Fan Shi Qi is somehow in this? I haven't gotten to the episodes he's supposedly in yet, but wasn't he like hella canceled last year? Was he cleared of all involvement or....? I know he appeared in Love's Ambition, but I remember a lot of backlash happening because of his appearance in the show. And his concert had to be canceled because no one bought tickets....so I'm genuinely confused atm...will his face be replaced or something? I went to look up the character chart for part 2 and was like....wait a minute, I know that face... I don't want to really start a huge discussion about everything in the comment section of this show and detract from the show itself, but any clarification would be helpful. Please leave any responses in a spoiler comment so it wont take up space...please please.
Question about a certain supporting cast member's involvement in the show...controversial so, comment below with spoiler tag activated to not take up space. Question has been answered. Thank you all who gave information.
Can anyone recommend some books(or videos/documentaries) in English that explain Chinese folktales/mythology that would help me better understand dramas like this?
I feel like I'm watching 'Grimm' without any knowledge of Grimm fairytales. I know Western(European, American) mythical creatures and some(read: few) Eastern, but I feel like the gap in my knowledge of Eastern famous mythological creatures is vast....like very very lacking in knowledge. I grew up with the Grimm brothers, Hans Christian Anderson, J.R.R. Tolkien, Greek, Roman, and multiple different other European mythologies so I have reference points to pull from when watching a fantasy movie/drama from the west....but I need context/reference points for specifically Chinese mythology to not feel as lost as I do when watching this genre of Cdrama.
Cause it's very much giving, I didn't do my homework and I've been given a pop quiz....so I am lost lost.
I looked up the cast list on drama wiki because they normally breakdown the cast list in sections that make sense and I was trying to keep track of names & this is the first time i'm seeing some of these actors....I glitched when I read the connections. I was like hold on a dang minute...the people I thought would be a potential couple....lets just say I spoiled myself on accident
I can already tell I'm going to be confused af for a good portion of this show just because each character(actor) has like 5 identities/aliases. This one will have to be my take it slow when fully awake and paying attention.
It appears English either isn't your first language, which, if that's the case, go off polyglot queen. Or, you need to study more on reading comprehension & critical thinking skills. Because, the comment is about the director's ability to film romantic scenes. I cited her most recent work, Love Beyond the Grave, as the reference to WHY I feel nervous about THIS show. The show that is, checks notes, a ROMANCE.
If you don't understand film critic just continue about your day. I'm talking about the technical aspects that create a piece of art.
yall im dead this is going to be gold I tell you.
I know this is 100% not going to matter to most reading this, but for me it explains the lack of "romance" to the shots. atmosphere brings mood, depth, reality...I can understand it missing from a spirit world...but when it's missing from a mortal world it looses the grounding that connects feeling to a still image.
I'm just fascinated that so many people can watch the same thing and come away with actual opposite opinions/takes. I dont recognize enough of the commenters to "hear" their voice when reading, so all it's doing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth when I original came to enjoy the show.
give the first 3 episodes a shot. ep 1 is pretty much visually showing you a lot of exposition to catch everyone up on where this story(show) is starting. But it shows you the director's style, the acting, action, costumes etc. 2-5 we are still back and forth but the story is starting to continue forward.
It doesn't help that a lot of the time people get dubbed over so unless I see them on a variety show or in an interview I don't really know what they sound like. And I can't trust a hairline to help me because wigs... So until the person starts moving around and I get used to how they carry themselves it takes my brain a second to catch up and save to the brain bank.
I don't want to really start a huge discussion about everything in the comment section of this show and detract from the show itself, but any clarification would be helpful. Please leave any responses in a spoiler comment so it wont take up space...please please.
Question has been answered. Thank you all who gave information.
I feel like I'm watching 'Grimm' without any knowledge of Grimm fairytales. I know Western(European, American) mythical creatures and some(read: few) Eastern, but I feel like the gap in my knowledge of Eastern famous mythological creatures is vast....like very very lacking in knowledge.
I grew up with the Grimm brothers, Hans Christian Anderson, J.R.R. Tolkien, Greek, Roman, and multiple different other European mythologies so I have reference points to pull from when watching a fantasy movie/drama from the west....but I need context/reference points for specifically Chinese mythology to not feel as lost as I do when watching this genre of Cdrama.
Cause it's very much giving, I didn't do my homework and I've been given a pop quiz....so I am lost lost.