• Last Online: 1 hour ago
  • Birthday: September 29
  • Join Date: May 7, 2018
Children of Nobody
Jan 18, 2019
The thing about this show is that starting from the first scene right to the end, there is nothing that can be considered filler content. Nothing is done without reason. You are given a puzzle of a story but the truth is it's not about the answer to the puzzle but about the things you learn getting to it. In a time, where people only want guilty pleasure and happy happy happy, this show gives a voice to so many children who are ignored every day. I'm one such survivor and this story got to me in a way that is hard to explain. Children of Nobody. Can there be a more heartbreaking phrase? The actors made it so you get lost in the fantasy and even root for the villain at times I believe that was the point. That people lose their way. N's story was the saddest and no spoilers but I'm glad finally in a TV show this topic was touched. Honestly just a phenomenal script and acting I wish there were more like this one.

Memories of the Alhambra
Jan 22, 2019
This show is so trippy I totally got hooked by the very first episode. And even though it starts out becoming entertaining because of the mystery aspect, there's a lot of depth to the story which I loved. It's the story of trying to overcome your trauma and for once the characters act like people who have suffered trauma. Both physical and emotional. Hyun Bin plays Yoo Jin Woo a tech hotshot with two broken marriages, who is rude and overbearing. Through chance he gets involved in the life of a hostel owner in Granada played by Park Shin Hye who happens to be the older sister of a genius game designer played by Chanyeol. To give out anything about the plot would be a spoiler tbh so I'll just talk about the other details and things that I liked. First off great acting by all the cast. The cast was picked well even the supporting cast you fell in love with. The shots are beautiful and the script is good for the most part. The concept is unique and the execution is not bad. The only thing that felt somewhat anticlimactic was the ending. But Hyun Bin is so handsome and just gorgeous! I could have watched a hundred more episodes. Especially that one episode where he's completely desperate and goes to his office to start the server and encounters the real side of his boss who once kicked his own son out for monetary gain. That scene the way it was shot, just heartbreaking to watch. And then all the sadness regarding the constant struggle between the friends only because of that one awful person. And especially jinwoos secretary, he was my favorite character! Even when he started playing and their banter, and Hyun Bin says "do you like me" lol and he responded with "I have a gf" I was laughing and crying! So it's the kind of show you really get emotionally invested it. That end if it was second season bait I'm fine with that but on it's own I think a proper conclusion would have suited this one more. But hey that's just personal preference and it didn't change my actual viewing pleasure of the show at all. I wish Chanyeol had a proper role considering he's a good actor! Regardless, I was not disappointed with the show at all and in fact would have happily watched more episodes. Another thing I want to mention is I love the subtleness of the love story. It didn't feel forced because the characters started to feel love when they actually developed a rapport and as a viewer you don't feel cheated because it feels natural. Also, the love story is not too fluffy which I think is perfect for someone like me to enjoy. The mystery part is more prominent. And it's a good mystery, really well done. Overall, a unique dark drama but darkness wise it wasn't as dark as The Smile Has Left Your Eyes or Children or Voice or Save Me. It was mild comparatively.

Swing Kids
Feb 10, 2019
This movie started out a bit strange so I was expecting a disaster but in no time the plot kicked in and then just whoa! This is the kind of movie that gets to the bottom of the human psyche, of the mechanics of war, and how riled up armies don't "win" ANYTHING but a false sense of power. Wars happen because we stop seeing the other person as a human being. And when that happens false ideologies are used by cunning, greedy, power-hungry masters to drive the rest into a prison that only looks like freedom. War casualties are not power, dead bodies are not strength, and torn nations are not trophies. It's just a few people at the top using these cruelties to get what they want. That's the message of this film. Yes, it's a tragedy. Yes, the dark humor is always grotesquely funny because humanity survives even war and plague. As for the rest of the stuff, like I said beginning is a bit wonky but just stick with it. All the actors did a good job. All the characters were fighting their own fights. DOs dancing... Just wow. This was probably one of the best things to cast an EXO member. So, absolutely watch this movie.

SHINee's Back
Feb 4, 2019
I really loved watching this during the comeback promotions and I really enjoyed their conversation and Key making a meal and Taemin showing off his non existent driving skill lmao ???? seriously and it was touching watching their days pass during live stages. But the best thing about the whole show was getting to see the members Minho, Onew, Taemin, and Key really enjoying their time together. Shinee has always worked hard, no matter what, they've been through so much and still stand tall. Nothing makes me happier to see them shine.
One Spring Night
Jul 12, 2019
Started out so well, and then the main conflict gets resolved around the half way mark and the drama loses it way, and gets buried in cliché. The will they or won't they is the most integral part of any rebound romance story and if you take that conflict out, it's hard to sustain a story for the length of so many episodes. And you can hate me for it, Jung Hae In is GORGEOUS but he wasn't convincing at all when he was supposed to show sadness, like otherwise he was fine, but a lot of actors, are not great at everything but they are great at showing sadness which for a show like this and for kdrama in general was very much needed.

Maybe because of this and the lack of real conflict in the second half I ended up not buying their relationship AT ALL and both the characters seemed to feel unfinished and not well thought out. Acting wise though the rest of the cast was really doing well and you know there's something wrong with a drama when I was honestly siding with the ex lol seriously the two son in laws should have just hooked up they were so good together. Seriously, I really got involved in the other sisters story a lot more. And the sociopathic son in law from hell the actor was so good and all the actors who played the sisters same, I liked both the sisters! Especially the youngest, she was badass.

The problem with a story about cheating couples is if you don't have characters who are conflicted about their emotions and they show some emotion for the ex is what makes the character a worthy protagonist for a romance. If they say they have no feelings for someone they were with for four years not only do they sound self serving but you also are unable to believe they will be any different in the new relationship. Like you waited till you had a hot guy with a stable job to leave someone you claim you didn't have feelings for yet you were sleeping with them? And saying you'll get married, I mean the guy didn't even do anything besides 'not give her enough time' when he was in a business meeting! ! Is she going to resent the new guy when he cancels on her because he was working?

I mean I did not buy she was going to continue to be 'selfless' long term with the new guy it's just a matter of time.

Another thing that also became annoying was the fact that the perceived 'villain' in the story, the ex, was the not really evil and the stunts he pulled become so lame you're left watching a boring story because look the villain actually has to win at something to be a convincing villain! Lol here none of the 'villains' or the antagonists were actually scary and everything got resolved through a single conversation, lol literally, like that's why I was so bored.

That said I did enjoy it but mostly because Jung Hae In is GORGEOUS and I liked the cast, the ex even I felt bad for him.

The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
Nov 24, 2018
This is just one of those dramas that will scar you for life and you'll be happy for it because apparently you have masochistic tendencies. Go figure. I'm in love with this drama and needless to say Seo in Guk I don't know what he's doing to me right now but I'm a total mess after watching it. God, it was EPIC from start to finish. EPIC. Subtle when needed, and melodramatic when needed. It's just something thAt doesn't come by every day. Which is something I've realized after trying to find something to take me out of this dramas world but not found anything like this that I haven't watched. Very close to Hello monster feeling wise just replace Jung So min with Park Bo Gum. Both shows are at the same level of highest possible rating even though cinematography wise TSHLYE is better. And Hello Monster begins like a rom com with Jang Nara this one has a more subtle, stylish, edgy look. It's phenomenal.

Addicted Heroin
Oct 13, 2018
Okay here's my thoughts about the show. I'm sure there will be people not okay with a lot of stuff, and without giving out any spoilers I'm just going to say it's just fantasy. Gu Hai was OBSESSED with him. There are so many things I would never think of doing in real life that I totally enjoy seeing in fiction! Like the bad boy trope. Or stalker love. Or the bad guys getting it in the end. So yes to me his obsession made the fantasy even more exciting. Personally, I loved the really hardcore make out and sex. Skinship wise, I'd say it's sufficient. Kind of a slow burn but when it does happen it's so satisfying.

The story made me feel every possible emotion. I knew the finale was coming and felt like I was going to miss these characters. I love the very raw, powerful kind of portrayal. Something that begins from basically bullying each other in stupid ways to growing into a deep love. Just wow. Just one thing, if you get offended easily this is not the show for you. If like me you prefer flawed characters who make blunders because of what they're going through and you can suspend disbelief then you'll love it. The unfortunate reality of the majority of the Asian world is their lack of understanding for same sex couples. I realize that the entire team and actors were threatened and basically they were unable to make a second season. There's nothing you can do about that. But you know what, just forget that last scene of her appearance and it finished off perfectly at the parking lot car scene. That's it. Let's show our support for these shows so people can understand same sex stories are marketable and people love them, so love can win over hate. Again, thanks to the creators for being brave enough.

As for the two main leads both Timmy Xu and Johnny Huang are gorgeous (though I have a shameless preference for Huang).

Xu plays the role of Bai Luo Yin who was abandoned by his birth mother and has been living with his father for most of his life in a financially tough situation because of his father's meagre earnings.

Huang plays Gu Hai, who is extremely rich, but his birth mother died in mysterious circumstances and since then he's always held his father and his step mother responsible. Even though the step mom tries hard to get along with him, Gu Hai never listens to her or his father.

Basically when they interact at school neither Luo Yin nor Gu Hai realize that they both share a person-- Luo Yin's birth mother is actually Gu Hai's step mom who is about to marry his father.

But Gu Hai and his father have a falling out and Gu Hai leaves home to live in the same neighborhood as Bai Luo Yin. He hides the fact that he's rich from everyone. And the first time Bai Luo Yin encounters Gu Hai it's not pleasant.

They both end up not getting along and literally bully and tease each other to hilarious lengths. But one day when Luo Yin's complaining to a friend about Gu Hai, the friend tells Bai Luo Yin he believes Gu Hai doesn't hate Luo Yin at all in fact he explains why he believes Gu Hai actually likes him. Bai Luo Yin finds it strange that a person who bullied him that way could like him.

Anyway from here on out you are taken on a somewhat strange journey. As Luo Yin goes from extreme annoyance with the new guy who refuses to sit anywhere else but behind Luo Yin in class, to a weird kind of friendship to love and plain obsession from Gu Hai's end.

But man what a journey! I couldn't get over it for months.

Before We Get Married
Aug 24, 2019
Jasper is so SEXY it's UNREAL.

I have to say because I legit fell for the male lead I'm really biased even though there are definitely a bunch of issues but for me it didn't really take away from the viewing experience and I had so much fun.

The skin ship is just the best you'll see and the leads had chemistry.

Another problem was the sudden disappearance of Jaspers friend because I got so involved in him and Keifei's arc seeing her with someone else just didn't work. But again I still enjoyed it overall.
The Hymn of Death
Feb 4, 2019
"Before your name can be forgotten
I long for you again. "

There's nothing like a drama that makes you cry not just during the sad scenes but also the happy moments. Because it means the words aren't the only thing evoking that feeling of sadness but also everything that you're witnessing on screen. From the shots, to the actors subtle emotions, to the soundtrack, this drama makes you feel. A starcrossed lovers story that reminded me of this Spanish film Little Ashes about Salvador Dalí and Federico García Lorca. I feel there's a lot in fact in this drama that will remind you of Spanish films in general. So, anyway that's how good it is. And truly the most beautiful thing about Hymn of Death is that it feels less about the actual characters portrayed and more about the struggle broken people face when they try to live a life of love and passion. In fact, even more beautiful was the way both the leads cried in many different moments, but don't shed a single tear in the entire last part. Like, that's PHENOMENAL. Because I was still a heartbroken mess for the entire last episodes.
Must watch for anyone who truly appreciates art.

Duel
Sep 11, 2018
So, I'm RUINED by this show. Been hours since I watched it last night but I still haven't gotten over it. I don't think it's possible. Because Duel is the kind of show that takes your heart, kicks it hard, keeps kicking, and just when you think you can't take it anymore it grabs it and smashes it on the floor, starts stomping on it repeatedly. You think I’m exaggerating? I'm not. This is one of those shows that get under your skin, you know? Change you. You'll never be the same person. What I loved about this one was that no one sat around drinking soju and eating pork chops ???? (nothing wrong with that, just making a joke) every scene was integral to the story. No filler content. Just sixteen hours of fast paced action, chase, and mystery. Naturally, this is officially going on the list of my top rated shows with I Remember you and White Christmas. I'm in awe of Yang Se Jong who played both characters so well, they felt like two distinct people. A lot of times, I see actors relying on props and make up to play different parts and it comes off as kind of gimmicky. But Se Jong does it all in a subtle way, there's nothing loud or gimmicky about his acting. Of course, he's a great looking kid, with real acting chops. Everything from his body language, to his facial expressions morphs, you start to worry if he has multiple personalities inside his head. His eyes are so expressive, you'll be able to differentiate between the villain's stare and the male protagonist's stare. Se Jong is an amazing actor. The way his whole face, his body reacts to the things and the people around him, it's just mind blowing to watch. So much maturity for such a young age. I don't usually like 'double role' shows where the same actor plays two roles, usually they're not convincing, and like I said end up being corny, but this show is believable. I know I'm going to watch it a million times.

When Time Stopped
Nov 29, 2018
I started reading the negative reviews and the positive reviews and I'm laughing so hard at both. He's either the Devil incarnate or Mother Teresa lol when he's nothing more than an actor and sucks at that job. So why all the fuss? I've never been a fan of this guy. Mostly because he's the Shin Se Kyung of male leads and the kind of person who can only be an "actor" because of a casting couch. Because what he does it can't be called acting in any shape or form lmao to top it off he has zero personality. Most dramas the actors are uncomfortable in the beginning but get better with a few episodes. That doesn't happen with this guy. The bubbly female lead was wasted on this show. Anyway here are my thoughts. I liked the beginning couple of episodes. The con man plot with time stopping twist it was amazing. Especially adding the reapers. But then it became something else by episode 3 and I was watching stories of random characters which fine, I'm sure it will make sense at some point right? It didn't. The couple lacks chemistry mostly because um the main lead can't act. I did get involved in the mystery though and the parts where they banded together with In Seop were more interesting than the romance. No real build up so the relationship seemed fake when he kissed her. For the amount of episodes there was too much going on. They gave so many things focus the couple barely got any time together. It was mostly just her talking about him with her friends and him doing random stuff. I'm thankful for the Reaper plot I suppose because as a romance it totally fails.

Drama Special Season 9: Dreamers
Mar 5, 2019
"You had a happy dream but you don't remember it at all. Or you had a nightmare and it felt so real as if it was a reality. Or the reality was just so harsh that you just kept on sleeping." This is a story about two people dealing with the grief of losing someone. Poignant, heartfelt, intense. Great performances and meaningful, insightful writing. wo people dealing with the grief of losing someone. Poignant, heartfelt, intense. Great performances and meaningful, insightful writing. Like Black Mirror it has a timeless, spaceless feel. That period of grief that makes you feel dazed and sleep becomes the only respite from the harsh reality.

For the Emperor
Feb 10, 2019
If your criticism of a movie that STATES CLEARLY it's dark, adult, violent, is that it is dark, adult and violent, seriously learn how to read. I don't care about the four grade school children who got "offended" by the view of nude human bodies (THE HORROR) and I assure you neither are any of the actors or creators. I don't understand why you seek out such movies? So hypocritical. Anyway, moving on. I'm a total wreck right now because sure this is a gangster film some heartbreaking was expected but honestly when Korea does cinema right, it becomes PHENOMENAL. Obviously, this is an ADULT film so please don't watch if it's not your thing. If you're a well adjusted adult and these things don't offend you I would absolutely recommend this. The filming, the acting, the two main leads are both my favorite actors but what I love about this one is that Lee Minki isn't some desperate guy mulling over making a kill, fuck no, HE IS A KILLER. That was established in the very first scene. But he's the protagonist. So yes, I absolutely loved it

Confession
May 23, 2019
This show delivers on its promise to be intriguing and the two main leads, Yoo Jae Myung and Junho really made it work for me. I think Junho is very subtle and I don't have to talk about how phenomenonal he looks in this drama and instead I think he has talent and played the role remarkably well. This is my favorite type of premise, bromance, mystery, nothing too cutesy so the sad tone of a serious drama is always maintained. I don't think I will rewatch this one but it's definitely worth checking out.
Strangers from Hell

I really wasn't expecting it to end so good.

This is basically another memorable Dong Wook role, seriously, those last two episodes the way he was acting, was just incredible!

Si Wan too was just so good in the last two eps and they were brilliant, no doubt.

This drama is on par with Save Me as far as I'm concerned because the role played by Lee Jung Eun of the eccentric building owner Eom Bok Soon was just a beautiful performance like the cult leader preacher from Save Me. Honestly, it will give you chills and creep you out but the actor she played it so naturally. We all know an ahjumma like that right, nosey, and no respect for privacy and always making you uncomfortable and making you feel bad for something completely rational, basically the ultimate gaslighter.

But okay, I already said this before, it's not perfect and in the middle it sort of lost its place, for about two episodes but I don't need perfection.

I'm glad that they took a risk making something that would make some people uncomfortable because it's not a chaebol romance or comedy action procedural, they made something serious. That alone is commendable. But then they chose the right cast and except for the lull in the middle everything else was done well.

The plot twists were clever and unique. The dialog was brilliant! ! The camera work was ART and it's all so realistic the ambiance becomes a part of the storytelling. So, yes. I'm really happy with the way it ended.