Details

  • Last Online: 15 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: USA
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: September 24, 2021
  • Awards Received: Flower Award1
Replying to Honglou Meng • Mar 28, 2025
Exactly! The people in Japanese Ossan's Love were fully realised characters. Esp. the wife. Without her, all the…
Sigh 😕 😞!!

I may rewatch the OG series this weekend now.
1 1
Replying to Luciddd • Mar 28, 2025
Title Top Form
I like the direction so far. My biggest satisfaction will be if the show follows a different direction from the…
Those "but in the manga/manwha/wattpad" folks live to do this all the time!
1 2
Replying to VixenByNight72 • Mar 27, 2025
"The humor does not translate and most GMMTV writers aren't able to improve the story."The Hong Kong version was…
Agreed. The dynamics were way off with those three main characters. We also never got a drag out physical fight between Boss and Mo over Heng. It was like they were afraid to let it happen. To just let that tension go unleashed.
0 1
Replying to VixenByNight72 • Mar 27, 2025
"But I really hope GMMTV stops remaking Japanese series."Well, they chose the top 3 Japanese BLs to adapt, so…
"But I also hope that GMMTV is satisfied with what they created and don't try to do it again."
😃 😄 😁
1 0
Replying to HaiLuoYin • Mar 27, 2025
It really shows that this was written by someone who's never worked on a BL before. Everything looks beautiful,…
Grandma definitely should have much more of a presence in helping her grandson get more acclimated to their family farm business, with "Uncle" Hem's assistance.

How is Fifa supposed to remember all of the names of their employees, their dietary requirements, and the layout of the farm within 24 hours in being there?

The premise of getting Fifa on the farm suggests that it has been a very long time since he and his parents visited beyond his early childhood years.

I just hope Grandma isn't too taken aback when she finds out that her grandson has fallen in love with her favorite hired hand.
3 1
Replying to VixenByNight72 • Mar 27, 2025
"The humor does not translate and most GMMTV writers aren't able to improve the story."The Hong Kong version was…
It is way better. IMO Haruta/Tin Yat Hung were stupid in their choices regarding certain thing, but they were never written to be dumb and clueless like Heng. It was a choice, and not a good one regarding Heng in my opinion.
2 3
Replying to HaiLuoYin • Mar 26, 2025
Every week I come here and say that I'm sticking with this show because of my love for EarthMix. I have watched…
"The humor does not translate and most GMMTV writers aren't able to improve the story."

The Hong Kong version was able to give their own spin on their adaption AND fleshed out their main and supporting characters. They kept the ensemble dynamic.

I should have managed my expectations.
1 5
Replying to Honglou Meng • Mar 26, 2025
Exactly! The people in Japanese Ossan's Love were fully realised characters. Esp. the wife. Without her, all the…
Agreed. The absence of Choko, took out a major part of the depth from the original series. Which I think was done on purpose for the Thai remake. GMMTV knew the majority of their audience wouldn't want to empathize with Boss as this man, who has spent decades hiding who is from himself, his wife, and society, and still root for Heng and Mo at the same time. They would worry about their "morals".
1 3
Honglou Meng • Mar 26, 2025
Your review is absolutely hysterical and to me funnier than the series as a whole.

I am a fan of Earth and Mix, but I still can understand your opinion about them. This adaption wasn't the best way to showcase the comedic sides of these two performers, especially in how TPTB made ridiculous changes to the characters Earth and Mix portrayed.

I freely admit that I don't always get humor in Thai productions (be it lakorns, BLs or their variety shows), but this adaption was just so lackluster and over the top at the same time.
1 1
Eliot_Rulez • Mar 26, 2025
"So as alwayys, I'm not a fan of thai remakes, because while polished in production the lack in the story and the characters. It felt like "dumbed down". Did they do so to make it more appealing for the masses? I don't know."

GMMTV, in my opinion did dumb down their adaption of the Japanese BL. It seems like they wanted their version of OL to be centered specifically on the pairing of Heng and Mo, due to Earth and Mix being cast in those roles. I absolutely adore Earth and Mix. I appreciate that GMMTV gave them the opportunity to be able to develop their comedy skills, but the reason why the original OL was successful was due to the diverse and fleshed out ensemble characters. It just wasn't only about Haruto and Maki.
2 1
Replying to HaiLuoYin • Mar 26, 2025
Every week I come here and say that I'm sticking with this show because of my love for EarthMix. I have watched…
"But I really hope GMMTV stops remaking Japanese series."

Well, they chose the top 3 Japanese BLs to adapt, so I hope they've gained some sense of satisfaction from their goal. I'm glad that Earth and Mix were given the opportunity to showcase their CP in an over the top comedy. This adaption didn't quite work for me. So, I am hoping for a different outcome with their upcoming BL.
2 2
Replying to Adjbbbw1 • Mar 23, 2025
Title Flirt Milk Spoiler
Talk about 0 to 100. Jued went from crying and not knowing how to kiss to getting banged from the back in one…
That's nothing Teerak aka Rak from the other Thai based college drama "Your Sky" was even more coddled, and sheltered than Jued. He literally went from this delicate, innocent boy who had never kissed anyone to this ultimate toy boy teasing his older boyfriend to ravish him.
3 0
Replying to 10489453 • Mar 22, 2025
I'm still wondering why people are feeling bad for both Jaemin and Soohyun. I think they should try and figure…
Along with the "attractive packaging" of those two characters being portrayed by gorgeous actors, there's the ultimate fantasy/belief/wish that love can "change" someone for the better. Especially in regards to Su Hyeon/Soohyun. All of the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" doesn't change the fact that he willingly went into that pact to keep Da On from being able to move on and away from him and Jaemin.

Even if Seong Hyeon never helped him at the crosswalk nor became Da On's coworker, Da On at that period of his life, would have never chosen to have a romance with Su Hyeon/Soohyun. That's something that the fans of that character have a hard time accepting.
1 0
Replying to WomanWonderer89 • Mar 22, 2025
Title Secret Relationships Spoiler
Speaking of which, was that very last scene in the finale meant to signal that Seong hyeon is a red flag all along?…
It also showed the difference in how the "first meeting of Da On" affected Jaemin vs. Seong Hyeon. Jaemin became obsessed to the point of doing anything and everything to keep himself infiltrated in Da On's life. While Seong Hyeon just made sure that Da On was okay, got him medical assistance and moved on with his life. Seong Hyeon didn't make his life's mission out to totally keep Da On under his control like Jaemin and Su Hyeon attempted to do.
2 0
On Love Casting • Mar 21, 2025
Title Love Casting
That one particular panelist "Auntie" is hyper fixated on the "positions" she places these contestants in.
5 0
On Secret Relationships • Mar 20, 2025
Bravo to the director, Yang Kyung Hee, the screenwriter Jung Soo Yoon, and the amazing main cast of Kim Jun Seo, Cha Sun Hyung, Kim Ho Young and Cha Jung Woo.
15 0
Replying to Xueh • Mar 20, 2025
I just started this drama today and binged it all. What did I get myself in to 😅 This feels like a japanese…
I am hopeful that we may get more of KDrama style productions/scripts in KBLs in the years to come.
6 0
Replying to zoxe • Mar 20, 2025
Something about SuHyeon. We can clearly see that despite having a messed up upbringing, he is still capable of…
Su Hyeon had one scene with his niece, and thankfully, he isn't sexually obsessed with her as he is with Da On.
3 5
Replying to Queer • Mar 18, 2025
Or you know, you could just PUT THIS AS A SPOILER WITH THE SPOILER BUTTON. Please and thank you.
Some people really don't have any sense at all.
5 4
Replying to EmiLayo • Mar 17, 2025
So the man isn't, at all, being blamed for his own self-destructive and violent behavior? How typical.
Of course, it's never the man (especially when he is a well-known/famous/liked/lusted after personality/performer/athlete/politician) that should be held accountable for his own behavior and actions.
5 0