• Total Edits: 14 LV1
  • Join Date: January 14, 2018
Apr 23, 2018
I only watched this because of Mina. Firstly it was super hard to find the film with English subs. I only found one that had 80% of the sub titles, but I still watched it of course.
-Warning there are slight spoilers in my review, but I made it as less revealing as possible-
The story was weird I guess. I don't know how to explain it. It ended after the confession, I don't understand why both of them smiled. I thought they were both mad at each other... But I guess its because of their strong friendship they were able to get back together.
The cast is good. (The male lead looks so young!! I thought he was a actual student, but he's actually 26! ) His character in the film is annoying, he's such a jerk for not telling Mina about the jewelry. Mina character was a bit creepy, she basically stalked the male lead. But that part made me laugh. I love Minas' dad. He's so funnnyyy. He made me laugh so hard at the dinner scene. But when he hugged Mina I was tearing up. I love how Mina friends deal with her problems, it's so funny.
The music fitted each scenario well.
Re watch value of this film is not really cause its not interesting enough for me to watch again. But if there was a second episode or second season I would definitely watch, cause it was left on a cliff hanger and so many plot holes that needs to be explained!!! It would be better if they made it longer or into a series, but basically all drama stage films leave you questioning many things about the film
I would love to see more of Mina and her dad acting.

Love Buzz
Jun 10, 2019
Like all Korean movies, the ending always leaves the audience wanting a sequel. I need to know what happens next!

The storyline is quite interesting, a really cool plot twist. About an 18-year-old female high school student that meets a strange man claiming to be her son from the future. He helps her with her crush but as the film goes on we know that he is something more than her son.

The cast did a great job playing their character, it's a shame that they are not well known so we don't know their names. Hopefully they take on more dramas so we can see more of them!

Music is good. I feel like all Playlist Global dramas use the same instrumentals though????????

Definitely would rewatch. Really cute uplifting drama!!

4 Reasons Why I Hate Christmas
Jan 5, 2020
Perfect drama if you're feeling down and got nothing to do on Christmas.

The story is about 4 university students. They coincidently meet each other and their feelings start to grow...
The story is super cute and fun to watch, some scenes are sad. There's no second male lead or second female lead, etc. Nothing is dragged. The females confess, unlike most Kdramas. No misunderstandings etc.

I love the cast, the two female leads are from other webtoons I loved. Acting is good as always! Some actors came as cameos from Love playlist. The drama also has small references to love playlist but you can still watch it and understand what is happening perfectly.

Definitely need a season two for Harim and Bada. I would definitely rewatch.
Merry Christmas!!

Mother
Mar 17, 2018
"I always wondered how birds could fly and how it felt for them to fly such long distances. And I wondered if I could fly away too, one day."

Amazing. Beautiful. Brilliant. Breath taking. Wonderful.

This has to be one of my favorite dramas. It was an emotional roller coaster, I have on the edge of my seat for every single episode.
The story and message is absolutely beautiful. I thought it will be a tragic ending so I delayed watching the last episode. The ending was light hearted but beautiful. I shed so much tears in every episode.
The plot is so intense, there's always a cliff hanger in every episode. Waiting a week for the next episode felt like a 1000 years. The suspense is real!
The actors are brilliant. Everyone played their role wonderfully. I am so amazed at Heo Yool acting skills. Such a young child could make me move to tears. Her acting is so natural. She portrays Yoon Bok emotions out superbly. I hope she continues to act and become a successful actress.

The message the drama conveys to the audience is significant to the real world. And is still an ongoing issue. Child abuse. Children all over the world are being abused and neglected, but the child doesn't speak up. The drama really puts this into perspective. Kudos to the director and writer.

I love how it also approaches child adoption positively. The happiness and significance of when you adopt a child. And the importance of being a good mother.
"There are people who think that a woman becomes a mother only when she gives birth to a child. But A woman becomes a mother when she gives all of her to an existence smaller than her"

"A long time ago, there was a baby rabbit that wanted to run away. "Mom, I'm going to run away." When the baby rabbit said that, the mother rabbit said, "If you run away, I'll come after you, Because you are my cute child." Then, the baby rabbit said."Then, I'll become a fish and swim away." Then, the mother rabbit said, "If you become a fish, I'll become a fisherman, and Bam! I'll catch you."

Tune in for Love
Apr 17, 2020
The plot is kinda confusing, idk if I'm over thinking or if I've missed something. Of course since it's a movie the story and characters won't be as well developed as a drama. The climax wasn't that intense. Over all a light hearted romance movie. Story of lovers accepting each other despite a broken past.
I've noticed some floppy camera work here and there. For example there was a scene where Hyun Woo was talking to Jong Woo who was inside his car, when the camera was on Jong Woo it showed that the window was up, but then when the camera was on Hyun Woo the window was down, if that made sense. I thought movies would be seamless and have meaningful camera work, it's disappointing to see mistakes like this.

Acting is great. Both the main actors acted in top dramas.
Music is superb, it played a big part in the movie.
Re watch? Personally no, I'm not a fan of these kind of romance...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SKY Castle
Dec 17, 2019
Drama is beyond my expectations! At first, I thought this would be another Korean family drama or a Korean version of Beverly housewives, so I was ready to drop the drama. But as you watch on it's completely different- there is so much thrill and mystery in SKY castle, I guarantee you won't get bored.

Story-
The plot is amazingly layered. Each character is well developed throughout the drama. Each episode is intense. The drama really opens your eyes to how corrupt our education system is. The end episodes are emotional af, prepare a box of tissues you guys. But tbh the drama could've ended perfectly on episode 19. I felt like episode 20 was just an episode to clear up some misunderstandings, fill in plot holes and give each character a happy ending. Episode 20 was not as good as all the episodes before it.

Acting/cast-
Amazing acting from every single character in this drama. Each character is unique and gives off different vibes. Most kdramas have strong male characters that dominate through the drama, but SKY castle different. SKY castle proves to us that females can also be strong, dominant and good actors.

Music-
Nice English OST, not overly used. Most of the time you can barely hear the lyrics, it's mostly used for its instrumentals I guess. Whenever "We all Lie" plays, that's when you know some major tea is being spilled.

That last scene/shot of Coach leaves us with a somewhat cliff hanger. I need a season 2!!!

Playful Kiss
Oct 11, 2018
Overall the drama was ok.
The actors did a good job. Good music. A nice funny drama.
This drama brightens up my day. The foolishness of the characters will make you laugh.

What I didn't like or felt uncomftable with:
1) SeungJo cold as attitude.
2) Hani obsession with Seungjo.
Most of the episodes are just Hani following seungjo around. I was ok with it first, but then she always followed him which was getting creepy asf.
3) SeungJo mom.
Most of the time I like her because I also want Hani and Seungjo to be with each other. But then what kind of mother follows their son around and takes photos of them? She is sticking her nose into his business too much!
4) Hani doesn't have any pride
How can Hani still like Seungjo after discriminating her and hurting her so badly. She forgives him so quickly. E.g. After SeungJo hurt Hani he doesn't apologize, instead she makes her smile, then cut to next scene.

But again it's just a drama, it isn't suppose to feel real///

EDIT:
I watched the special episodes, they are so cute and funny. They changed my opinion on SeungJo. I highly recommend watching them!!

Short Paper: Season 3
For those of you who want to watch this web drama, it is available on youtube with english subs. Just search up "진원" (Translates to JinWon), the videos are from the channel 'short paper.'

Story: The plot is about a girl named JinWon. She meets a guy called JaeHyun who works at a cafe. Then the guy becomes her tutor. Little coincidences occur between them and JinWon thinks it may be fate. Later they meet again at the same college, JaeHyun shows signs that he likes her. The end.

The drama is super short, 6 episodes, less than 10 minutes each. Very cliche. Personally felt like half the drama was silence and the girl staring at the boy. Good drama to watch if your bored and have lots of time to kill.

The Temperature Of Language: Our Nineteen
Plot: The Temperature of Language: Our Nineteen is a high school web drama that focuses the struggles of 6 senior students before they head off to university. This is a heartwarming drama that tells us the importance of friends. JinA is the main character in the drama, she learns that each person has their own struggle that she can't see, everyone goes through a hard time, but it is important that we don't blame ourselves for our shortcomings in life. And that we can always rely on our friends. Warning, get your tissue box ready for the last two episodes!

Acting: As always Jin Ji Hee does a great job acting. The rest of the cast are all rookies, but you can't tell because they all did a great job acting their character!
Music: OST wasn't used too much through the drama. The outro OST is really nice. Especially in the final episode, it keeps you feeling sad the drama has ended.
Rewatch: Keen for a season 2!
Overall: 9.5/10, a very good drama!!

Secret Crushes: Season 1
Jul 8, 2020
This drama is basically many short stories played by the same 4 actors. Each short story is about one sided love in different situations. Each episode is less than 5 mins long, so there isn't much to it. I recommend watching this if you are looking for a short quick romance drama. I only watched this for Kim Hye Yoon, and skipped over the episodes where she isn't featured. Personally wouldn't watch again. I'd prefer a longer drama with more character development and an actual plot.
The drama features all rookie actors at the time. Everyone did a great job acting, compared to other webdrama rookie actors I've seen.
No OST.
Wouldn't rewatch, and wouldn't watch the other seasons. Not my kind of drama :(

Dr. Romantic
Jul 5, 2020
*Warning the last paragraph contains spoilers/plot holes*

This is one of the only medical dramas I managed to finish- I dropped 'Emergency Couple' and skipped through episode of 'The Doctors.'
The plot is very interesting and action packed. This drama focuses very little on romance, despite its title. There is a lot to learn from this drama in terms of medical things. I've definitely learned a lot more about hospital life from watching this drama.
Acting was superb from everyone. No OST from what I can remember, mostly instrumental music.

-Spoilers-
There are many plot holes/unanswered questions.
Firstly what the heck happened to Do In Bum and Yeon Hwa? Did they confess to their crush or what?? What about the love triangle with Yeon Hwa, Nurse Park and Kang Dong Joo?
Did director Do remain as director?
What happened to teacher kim trauma project?
What was chairman hiding from teacher kim? why didn't he tell teacher kim after his surgery?
What is going on between that nurse from the main hospital and yoon seo joon ex from 5 years ago? Is the nurse babys father her ex?

Apologies if these were all answered in season 2, I haven't watched it yet~

Shopping King Louie
Apr 16, 2020
Overall this is a good drama. Not overly cliche, and has some unique elements to it. Each character is well developed through the drama.
I think every episode apart from the last two was well made. Every episode was funny and didn't felt dragged, except ep 15 and 16. Personally, I think that episode 15 and 16 ruined the drama, they were filled with filler and irrelevant scenes that didn't help with the development of the drama. But overall they were decent episodes. Most kdramas have their last episode filled with obvious sponsor products and advertisement, this one didn't do that. There were some loose ends I wondered about after the drama ended for example: Did Me Ri and In Seoung get together or with Mr Cha?

The acting is superb. You can never go wrong when Seo InGuk and Nam Jihyun is acting.
Ost is superb.

Cinderella and the Four Knights
Apr 10, 2020
For those considering watching this:
Yes, most of the reviews of bad, the plot isn't that well developed. But you guys should watch it for the OST, the only thing that kept me going was the amazing OST! The OST made scenes 10x better than they are. Jessi, Bomi and BTOB beautiful voices really moves your heart. <3

The plot isn't that bad. It's not too cliche. The female lead is dominant and isn't overly naive. There is 1 second male lead that likes her, not 3, the title gave me false expectations. I was expecting all 4 'knights' to fall for her throughout the drama, but no.

Acting is great. I thought Na Eun did a great job for her first drama!

Music 100/10

You're Beautiful
Apr 5, 2020
Warning this drama gives you second lead syndrome!
Thanks to this drama, I've discovered Young Hwa, and he's now one of my bia wreckers. I'm planning on watching Heartstrings to get over my second male lead syndrome.

The plot is just like any other drama. A female lead and a couple of dudes that's into her. The female lead disguise as a guy and joins a boy band, the boys slowly fall in love with her. The female lead is naive, so the boys always cares about her. But in the end the female lead chooses the least compatible guy. The drama is light hearted and funny. No tissues neceassary.

Acting of female lead was awful. This is one of PSH first dramas shes the lead in, you can definitely tell her acting and emotions has improved a lot through out the drama!

I love the OST for this drama, definitely gonna save their songs to my playlist!

*Edit: Heartstrings isn't on Netflix, I'm so sad :(((((((

Crash Landing on You
Mar 30, 2020
"I made a promise to her that as long as she's in my sight I will protect her no matter what" - Captain Ri

Warning! If you are planning on watching this go grab yourself a box of tissues, although one box probably wouldn't be enough.....

I wasn't expecting much from this drama, as I saw their cast was quiet old so I made the assumption that this would be another one of those dramas that the older audience would enjoy watching...But let me tell you, I was soooo wrong. I enjoyed every episode right from the start, it was an emotional roller coaster. The storyline is good and well developed. None of the cast was annoying, naive etc. I thought the ending would be like romeo and Juliet but thank goodness the ending was actually decent. This is definitely one of my favorite Kdramas of all time. It's because of dramas like these that I cannot find a man that can fit my standards. Now it's probably gonna take me another year to find a drama that can top up this one.