• Birthday: January 01
  • Join Date: January 14, 2018
Apr 23, 2018
I only watched this because of Mina. Firstly it was super hard to find the film with English subs. I only found one that had 80% of the sub titles, but I still watched it of course.
-Warning there are slight spoilers in my review, but I made it as less revealing as possible-
The story was weird I guess. I don't know how to explain it. It ended after the confession, I don't understand why both of them smiled. I thought they were both mad at each other... But I guess its because of their strong friendship they were able to get back together.
The cast is good. (The male lead looks so young!! I thought he was a actual student, but he's actually 26! ) His character in the film is annoying, he's such a jerk for not telling Mina about the jewelry. Mina character was a bit creepy, she basically stalked the male lead. But that part made me laugh. I love Minas' dad. He's so funnnyyy. He made me laugh so hard at the dinner scene. But when he hugged Mina I was tearing up. I love how Mina friends deal with her problems, it's so funny.
The music fitted each scenario well.
Re watch value of this film is not really cause its not interesting enough for me to watch again. But if there was a second episode or second season I would definitely watch, cause it was left on a cliff hanger and so many plot holes that needs to be explained!!! It would be better if they made it longer or into a series, but basically all drama stage films leave you questioning many things about the film
I would love to see more of Mina and her dad acting.

Mother
Mar 17, 2018
"I always wondered how birds could fly and how it felt for them to fly such long distances. And I wondered if I could fly away too, one day."

Amazing. Beautiful. Brilliant. Breath taking. Wonderful.

This has to be one of my favorite dramas. It was an emotional roller coaster, I have on the edge of my seat for every single episode.
The story and message is absolutely beautiful. I thought it will be a tragic ending so I delayed watching the last episode. The ending was light hearted but beautiful. I shed so much tears in every episode.
The plot is so intense, there's always a cliff hanger in every episode. Waiting a week for the next episode felt like a 1000 years. The suspense is real!
The actors are brilliant. Everyone played their role wonderfully. I am so amazed at Heo Yool acting skills. Such a young child could make me move to tears. Her acting is so natural. She portrays Yoon Bok emotions out superbly. I hope she continues to act and become a successful actress.

The message the drama conveys to the audience is significant to the real world. And is still an ongoing issue. Child abuse. Children all over the world are being abused and neglected, but the child doesn't speak up. The drama really puts this into perspective. Kudos to the director and writer.

I love how it also approaches child adoption positively. The happiness and significance of when you adopt a child. And the importance of being a good mother.
"There are people who think that a woman becomes a mother only when she gives birth to a child. But A woman becomes a mother when she gives all of her to an existence smaller than her"

"A long time ago, there was a baby rabbit that wanted to run away. "Mom, I'm going to run away." When the baby rabbit said that, the mother rabbit said, "If you run away, I'll come after you, Because you are my cute child." Then, the baby rabbit said."Then, I'll become a fish and swim away." Then, the mother rabbit said, "If you become a fish, I'll become a fisherman, and Bam! I'll catch you."

Best Chicken
This is a very simple short drama that has been dragged into 12 episodes.
Personally I found most of the scenes in this drama cringy.

The story is quite random. They do not specify in detail the reasons why characters do things, (e.g Andrew quitting his job, why Choi Go likes chicken so much). There are many plot holes, especially towards the end. (e.g. what happens to Sohye dad?)
There are asmr chicken eating scenes, but not too many food scenes. If you are wanting lot's of food scenes i recommend watching the "Let's Eat" series.

The main cast acting is quite stiff and awkward. (Especially when the leads kiss). Andrews acting was quite good, but the rest isn't that great, which is understandable because they're still new to their acting career. Kim So Hyes acting has improved a tonn, I've watched her short web dramas on youtube (which is basically her voice overing and talking to the camera the whole time). I hope to see So Hye doing more bigger dramas like this!

Good OST, suits the situation. Lot's of happy up beat OST.

Sorry, I wouldn't rewatch :<

Descendants of the Sun
Dec 31, 2018
This was my first ever Kdrama I watched and it led me to the world of Kdramas!

I watched it twice; the second time, I'll admit, it was a bit boring.
The leads chemistry begins as love in first sight, which I find unrealistic. I felt like the chemistry between the second couples were better. This drama doesn't contain strong love triangles like in most kdramas.
The storyline felt realistic and interesting through out the series, but the last two episode ruined it. There was so many obvious advertisements of their sponsors and I felt like the last 2 episodes were absolutely useless. The part when ShiJin and DaeYoung come back to life made me feel like I was watching another drama, it just didn't make sense... Overall if you ignore all of the unrealistic things in this drama I would highly recommend watching!

The cast is perfect. I'm so happy that Song JongKi and Song HyeKyo got married in real life, if goes to show how much effort and emotion they put into their characters!

My favorite thing about this drama is their OST. All of their sound tracks are beautiful, it was the reason I decided to watch this drama again. Descendants of the Sun, Goblin and Scarlet Heart Ryeo has my favorite OSTs.

I would definitely re watch!!! 10/10 One of my favorite Kdramas ever!

Drama Special Season 8: If We Were A Season
Dec 28, 2018
Warning this drama will make you cry a river, get your tissue box ready
The ending is sad, like most drama specials.

I wish it would be a drama series because I really like the leads. I think all the cast played their characters perfectly and you could really understand how they were feeling.
I really like the plot, but I wanted a happy ending for at least one of the leads. They hugged- which means it's not the end right, I don't want their lifetime friendship to break just because of that incident.
I watched this drama twice and both times I got emotional. The story felt so real. The plot isn't a cliche romance where the leads love each other and live happily ever after. Sometimes you have to sacrifice love in order not to hurt others <3

"A tight hug for an ending to warm your heart"
Aww GiSeok my heart aches sm for you!

Healer
Dec 26, 2018
Overall I loved this drama. The story was interesting and was beautifully put together.
The only thing I didn't like was the ending, I need more! So many unfinished questions, this is why we need season 2!

Dislikes/ questions:
- What happened to Munsik and the boss, the left the story with too little detail about them. I know they got caught but I need to see them getting what they deserved... (Sorry I don't know how to explain that well)
- I need to see a better happy ending with the leads! The ending was cute though :)
- More scenes with Jian and her mom, I felt like their relationship wasnt strong enough
- What happened to MoonHo liking Jian, he didn't really have that much chemistry with her and wasn't much of a second male lead, (which is good cus i like Jian and healer scenes, lol)
- Master dying ????

Likes:
- Ajumma character, she is so funny and makes the series more up lifting
- The female lead doesn't create big problems from misunderstandings (unlike most kdramas )
- The healers bad ass character then cute Bosong
- The fight scenes
- Cute chemistry between leads
- Everything linking together

A Love So Beautiful
Dec 12, 2018
I highly recommend watching this drama, I finished watching the whole series in 4 days.
My first Cdrama was Meteor Garden, this is my second. Meteor Garden kind of dragged towards the end, and the ending was okay, but A Love so Beautiful kept me hooked through out the drama, every episode was interesting. The leads are not as frustrating.

This drama is filled with cute bubbly scenes. The leads are super adorable!!

The cast was perfect, all of the cast portrayed their roles well. (Warning you will get terrible second lead syndrome.)
There wasn't much music with lyrics mostly instrumentals. Music wasn't over played and was used well.
I would definitely re watch! Such a cute drama!

Kill Me, Heal Me
Nov 30, 2018
Overall it was a bitter sweet drama.
The first few episodes are filled with laughter, but towards the end it gets quite depressing....

The sotry line was great, it kept me interested through out the series, many unexpected plot twists.

The cast did a surperb job, espicialy JiSung- playing 7 different charcters.

The OST is perfect. I'm in love with 'auditory hallucination', it always makes me sad every time it comes on.

Comments (spoilers):
Idek how the female lead could forgive the male lead about her childhood, plus she also indirectly forgave his father. If I were her I don't think I would forgive them at all :((
The characters relationship is confusing so I googled a relationship chart, but one of them said Cha KiJoon is interested in RiJin, so I watched the series waiting for KiJoon to fall for her, but it didn't happen. So for the people who is looking at the same chart I did, don't have false hopes :)

Sweet Revenge
Oct 18, 2018
It was so hard to find subtitles for this drama.
I watched the first few episodes with 25% of the subtitles missing.
The spent 2 hours trying to find a website that has subtitles for ep 21 and 22.
(For those who are currently struggling to find eng sub for this; I used kissasian to watch ep 21 and 22, it was the only website I found that has eng sub, but it is superrr slow and has tonns of pop up ads, it kinda ruined my experience with the series :(()

The story line is interesting, but there are plot holes. If you don't like series that ends with a question/ cliff hanger than I recommend not watching this.

I loveeee all the cast. All the main cast are so cuteee! The main cast are really young so they actually look like high school kids (unlike other dramas where the cast is 30 yrs old, and looks 30, but in the drama they are suppose to be 16 XD. Jihoon is so handsome , Go Hee is adorable, Deok Hee and her mom are so relatable.

I don't think there were any OST, except the intro? So I can't really rate the music XD

Spoilers below~
I WANT TO KNOW WHO IS BEHIND THE REVENGE NOTE >:(
I think it's Go Hee's brother but I want it to be confirmed

What happened to Eunwoo?
I thought he would fight over Go Hee or something, but he just disappeared after the photo shoot

Playful Kiss
Oct 11, 2018
Overall the drama was ok.
The actors did a good job. Good music. A nice funny drama.
This drama brightens up my day. The foolishness of the characters will make you laugh.

What I didn't like or felt uncomftable with:
1) SeungJo cold as attitude.
2) Hani obsession with Seungjo.
Most of the episodes are just Hani following seungjo around. I was ok with it first, but then she always followed him which was getting creepy asf.
3) SeungJo mom.
Most of the time I like her because I also want Hani and Seungjo to be with each other. But then what kind of mother follows their son around and takes photos of them? She is sticking her nose into his business too much!
4) Hani doesn't have any pride
How can Hani still like Seungjo after discriminating her and hurting her so badly. She forgives him so quickly. E.g. After SeungJo hurt Hani he doesn't apologize, instead she makes her smile, then cut to next scene.

But again it's just a drama, it isn't suppose to feel real///

EDIT:
I watched the special episodes, they are so cute and funny. They changed my opinion on SeungJo. I highly recommend watching them!!

Meteor Garden
Oct 6, 2018
I have never watched any versions of Meteor Garden before, and this is my first ever Cdrama I watched. I managed to watch the whole series in less than a week.

The drama started off really well.
The story line is like any other drama with a female lead and 2 boys that falls for her, but I thought the male lead fell for Dong Cai too quickly. The leads have really good chemistry together. Si is funny and doesn't know how to express his love for DongCai. The second male lead didn't have much chemistry with the ShanCai, so it's not one of those dramas where you would feel bad for the second male lead.

The acting and cast is perfect. All the boys in F4 are so handsome. Si is so brave, funny and bold. Lei is cute, quite and funny. Lei has to be my favorite, his eyes and teeth when he smiles melts my heart. The female lead ShanCai is cute and natural. She portrayed her character really well, but in the middle of the series she lost a lot of confidence in herself, and isn't like her character in the start, she cries too much ://
I can't believe all the main cast are rookie actors. Dylan did so well acting in his first drama, I'm so surprised he's only 19!

The music is spot on. Every time I hear the song "River" all I can imagine is F4 walking towards the camera. But I think they over played "Say something I'm giving up on you" sometimes it just doesn't suit the moment. I liked all of the chinese OST, even though I didn't understand the lyrics. lol.

Rewatch value
I would say 10, but towards the end it dragged along, and got confusing. But if the end was more better I would definitely say 10!

From here there's gonna be spoilers

Negatives;
Why the heck did they add in the sub story of Terence and Caina!!! I think when they came in the series got boring. Terence gave me the creeps tbh. They were such a waste of time. They could have used that time to give Ximen and Xiaoyo more chemistry.
Other than that I think all the other scenes were super fun to watch!

Positives;
I really like Zhuang (Si sister). She is so funny. She portrayed her character really well, I hope to see her in more dramas. She slayed her dancing scene.

Liar Game
Apr 28, 2018
Amazing drama!! One of the best thriller mystery dramas I've seen.
The story line was awesome, I haven't watched the Japanese version or read the Manga so I can't compare. This drama always kept me in the edge of my seat, especially the last few episodes. I was low key hoping that they would kiss in the last episode.
The acting and cast is perfect. Kang Do young is really like a psychopath, his laugh/smiles always scares me. I love his acting so much, I hope he gets more lead roles in the future. The female lead is naive but not in a stupid way (like most female leads in kdramas). I love how she became more confident in the end. Cha Woo Jin was also super cool. I love how in the end he held Da Jung hand, a cute flash back from when they first met.
The music suited the situation/scenario. Most of the music was just instrumental.
Re watch value is definitely 10/10!! The ending is a cliff hanger, season 2 plss!!

"Only you can stop your own betrayal so make a choice. When you walk out the door, what kind of person you want to be" ~Nam Da Jung

The Boy Next Door
Jan 29, 2018
Love this web drama so much!!!
It's so hilarious!!!

The story line is so funny, so many misunderstandings. It's not too deep. Lighthearted drama. Very good chemistry between the leads.

The actors are so funny. Reactions are priceless.

Not much music in the web drama. But their singing so hilarious!!! One of my favorite scenes.

Rewatch value- 10/10 definitely. Season 2 plssssss

Overall I absolutely loved this drama. If you want a super funny romantic comedy this is for you. It's impossible not to laugh in every episode.

Reply 1988
Jan 14, 2018
Definitely love of my favorite dramas. I love everything about this drama!
The ending is sad and meaningful. "Goodbye, my youth. Goodbye, Ssangmun-dong” -Deok Sun
Teaches you how important and significant your youth is. Beautiful story. So many feels from this.

The  plot and setting is on point. Love it!
Some parts of their acting was awkward.

It has a mixture of family, friendship, school, romance and real world problems that happened at that time.
I love how they interviewed the adult Deok Sun and Taek, and than the whole thing was just them recalling their childhood memories together, super creative.

Are You Human Too?
Aug 8, 2018
I absolutely loved this drama. (Warning this drama has scenes that can make you cry)

? The story line overall is good. Some small plot holes, and some of the romance is a bit draggy...
The plot will keep you hooked, and at the end of every episode there's always a cliff hanger

? The cast is perfect for each other. The main couple looks so good with each other, I loved how Shin, Shin mum and So Bong has light brown eyes, it's so pretty! xd. The acting is overall good, Gong Seung Yeon crying scenes has improved a lot, but some times she doesn't express sadness that well... Kudos to Kang Joon, his acting is spot on, he manages to convey feelings of two different characters well!

? Music is good, I cry every time "Love" and "Is it love" plays. Their whole OST is awesome! Always brings out the perfect vibe to suit each scene. One of my favorite Kdrama OST!

? I would definitely re watch!! I hope to see Seung Yeon and Kang joon together in another drama or real life! XD

This is definitely one of my favorite K drama in 2018, I hope this drama wins many rewards!!!