• Location: United States

PastelRose

United States
U-Prince The Series: The Handsome Cowboy
Nov 3, 2016
The premise of the story wasn't the issue I had with the drama. A girl is still in love with her childhood first love, he turns out to a total playboy. They fall in love, he struggles with his own issues. That I understood and enjoyed about this drama. But the issue I had was with the execution. It romanticized dating violence, all the red flag in the book were portrayed. The mental, the physical, and the down right disturbing are all featured here. I felt like this show should have come with a warning sign that some viewership is advised.

That being said, the acting and casting choices, I thought were actually perfect. Each actor portrayed their role as they were given (Though I'm not happy what they were given), the did a marvelous job. I despised the bad girl, I feel in love with the main character, and despite my best judgement I was drawn in by the male lead. The chemistry is what really made me keep watching this drama if nothing else.

The music didn't take me out of the show nor did it really fully bring me in. It was good, and fit with the type of teen drama.

Due to the mental and physical violence this portrayed I would say the re-watch value is a 2. I would re-watch the ending, when he redeems himself (barely) and the part where she is falling in love with him again, but skip mostly all the episodes but two.

Overall this drama is a 5.5 on the scale.

From Me to You
Feb 9, 2017
I loved the premise of the story, I came into this not really knowing anything and was completely blown away from the wonderfulness of this tale! All of the plots are well developed and are still the cutest thing in the world! Sorry I really liked this movie. I loved how the character never cuts her hair, even though people find her creepy and scary, instead I like how she owns up to it. I love the friendship that develops between the girls and the romance wasn't rushed at all, and worked at a good enough pace for me. Though it is missing one aspect I wish it had, but still amazing. [9.5]

Acting/Cast
I thought this was one of the best well casted movies I've seen. Everyone fit with me, even the funny teachers. It was something that I felt the connection between the friends, the connection between the rivals, and the connection between the two leads. [10]

Music fit well with the movie, found myself crying at parts and the background noise was appropriate where it should be. [9.5]

Rewatch Value
I highly recommend rewatching it! Its one of those go to, I need to feel good movies. [9.5]

Overall score is...9.5

Eternal Love
Dec 5, 2017
Overall: 9.5
Story: 9.5
I know this story has already been made into a film, I have yet to see by the time I have finished watching this drama, but I find the complexity of the plot to be more suited for the format of a drama.  There are many romances and plotlines going on at once that it almost seemed like it needed to be so many episodes and so much time.  For all intentions purposes I can break this series down into three parts.
 Part One, where she is a disciple - I thought this part was the slowest of the three.  I am not a huge fan of the gender-bender sort of story lines mostly because I lack the mind to ever think that they can’t obviously see that she is fact a female, but this drama got over that, by having the first (second?) love interest see through the magic, that others couldn’t.  So I was won over by the portrayal.  The plot for this point was very clear, and forward, inducing the viewers to the complex world of the drama.  The back story that you really needed for the rest of the drama, and the main setup for the love story to come.
Part Two, where she is Su Su - I find the plot twist to be exciting!  Coming from a viewer who hadn’t known about the plot twist, it was very exciting.  I have not read the book, nor had I thought that, that wasn’t coming, even though it was in the description.  I thought she was going to be a reincarnation, or differently I guess.  Though in a way she was.  This plot point, I think showed both mains acting ability to adapt to a change of character.
The third part Bai Qian again - Where she becomes a high god, a queen,  feared by those who were cruel to her in her mortal form.  It was actually enjoyable to see her back at her position, though I do think the amnesia plot line is over used on dramas, for this one it worked well.  This part had you falling in love all over again with the main couple, wishing that it will work out in the end for them.
The second romance line that I really enjoyed was the one between The little princess and the ex-heavenly lord.  I honestly could watch an entire drama with these two.  I can understand why some people didn’t enjoy this storyline, but after watching Dilmurat Dilraba in previous dramas, I enjoyed seeing her in a not as serious role, a mix between her characters in Pretty Li Hui Zhen & The King’s Woman.  The ending for them is sad, but you leave knowing that he truly loves her, he just can’t be with her.
Overall, the plot of this drama never dwindled down, and there never felt an episode was meant to be a filler.  Every episode was packed with information, if not for the one lead story then the other smaller ones.  Even the small romance between the 16th disciple and the Ghost Princess was enough to keep you wanting more.  I think that was the best thing that this drama could accomplished, even though it wrapped things up brilliantly and didn’t leave loose ends, (maybe some really minor ones), you made you want more.  This puts it on my top 3 Favorite Chinese dramas along with Love 020.

Acting/Casting: 10.0
This is by far one of the best casted Chinese dramas I’ve seen of an historical/fantasy genre.  Though when I mean historical it isn’t the usual based on a history, more so the scenes of a period drama through the use of costumes in this matter.  I was a little hesitant at first just because I thought the male lead was a bit awkward, but I got over the initial awkwardness once I realized that, was the type of character he just was.  A royal, pain in the ass, yet had the ability to love.  The way he played the twins’ was at first a little shocking at how similar they are, but than when it come to the subtle differences I thought he portrayed the two characters very well.
I had seen Yang Mi act before in the interpreter, which was one of those dramas where it had good acting but a very convoluted plot and story premise.  I believe that this series is a better representation of her acting abilities then The interpreter.  In this I enjoyed the characterization of  Qian Qian and Su Su.  Both were her.  Su Su was more like Si Yan in the beginning not having to abide by so many rules yet kept her wits about her like Bai Qian.  The portrayal of a mortal being pushed around by gods had me fuming, and when Bai Qian came back for repayment, you were happy about it.
 I know some people found Feng jiu’s character a little bratty and childish, but that was something that I actually loved.  Instead of bratty I found her headstrong and stubborn taking after her Aunt Bai Qian when she first arrived at the Kunlun Mountain.  I also liked her Childish demeanor that she out grew over time yet still kept that young naivety about her throughout.  It was a good contrast to the high strung elder Dong Hua.  I found both character’s to be one of my favorite pairings.  I could watch an entire series just based on these two.  I honestly hope that vengo Gao and Dilraba Dilmurat will get a chance to work together in the future, maybe one not as tragic.
Overall the supporting characters are really fantastic, you hated the villains, yet felt bad for them in the end, and could related to the others struggles and pains.  Throughout it felt like a watching a greek tragedy off the past loves.  One last note, Ah Li is the cutest purest thing to come out of these series and will make you laugh, cry, and say he is just like his mother.

Music: 10.0
As I am not a music expert, I will keep this brief.  This series music fit very well for the drama.  In fact it was one of the best fit I’ve seen for a while.  I love instrumental music and this piece was filled with Chinese classical instrumentals throughout the background.  I enjoyed that the music throughout the drama never once took me out and only kept me engaged.  It set the right tones, and helped you follow along to the multiple different plots.

Rewatch Value: 9.0
Rewatch value is always open to the viewer themselves.  I find that there is so much going on this drama, that rewatching it again wouldn’t bore you as much as others because you would be finding something new to watch and see each time.  Between the multiple romances, the storyline, the graphic design, and the fantastic costumes, This is a wonderful show you could watch over and over again.

Dream Knight
Oct 22, 2017
Overall: 5.3

Story: 7.5
The story has an interesting concept.  Dolls that come to life in order to protect their master from harm, it's cute.  The seriousness of losing a mother was very well portrayed by the actresses, to but to honest, they should have kept with just one or two things wrong, instead of giving her something she would one day be unable to walk.  It had all the workings of melodrama, done in a comedy format.  Though the story is interesting, it fails on delivery for me, with too much happening in such a short period.
The second story of Lee Jenny , seemed to be odd one to tell.  I know de-villainizing your villain is common now a days but with the doll story plot already in full swing, this being a web drama, it seemed a little bit too much and muddled.
One last note, thing that bugged me the most, and I didn’t know where to put it, was the extreme close ups, that didn’t make sense.  The scenes would have a greater impact if they were from far away instead of where their faces take up the entire screen.  (Personal thought)

Acting/Casting: 4.5
The purpose of this drama was to showcase GOT7.  It did just that.  Did it showcase amazing acting talents?  For me, the only one who is worthy of being called an actress in this is the lead actress herself.  The male leads were often cringe worthy when it came to the emotional pieces, and were only enjoyable for me when they were in their happy go lucky characters.  When it came to anything serious, it was difficult to watch.  Even though isn’t supposed to be a serious thing and is completely just fan service, I’m still treating like a drama because that’s what it is supposed to be.

Music: 6.0
If you are a fan of GOT7 music, you would enjoy this.  Of course this is a show starring GOT7 so I wouldn’t hope it would be.  So this my own personal opinion trying to be unbiased.  With the story that they wanted to tell, the music didn’t always quite fit, no matter how hard they tried.  During the funny dance battle scenes it made sense, but during other times it didn’t, for example when Jr. is remembering his former ‘master’ it didn’t quite fit with the mood and made his acting in that moment seem very forced and fake.  So the music was a hit or miss depending on the occasion and the way it was used.

Rewatch Value: 3.0
I find this drama slightly cringe worthy to be honest.  Though it’s my second time viewing, I did enjoy it more the first time around, because it was interesting and different.  The Rewatch value for me has dropped from what it used to be.  But of course if You are fan of GOT7, I feel like you would enjoy this a lot.  This is also just my own personal view.  The episodes are only 15 minutes long and last for 12 episodes, so it's possible to watch this in a couple of hours.

Our Shining Days
Dec 26, 2018
Overall
Note: I haven’t read the novel this is based on, simply commenting on the film as a single entity.

I like the idea of old meets new, battle of this vs. that, but in the end they meet in the middle and peace comes over. A dying art, should be cared for by all, both new and old. The instruments melding together was perfect. The only thing lacking I found was the romance line, was predictable. I found myself wanting the plot line to be excluded from this film and focus on the rivalry.

The cast didn’t bother me when it came to acting. It thought that the lead, Xu Lu, did a good job. I couldn’t really think of an actress who could replace her. It’s not the best emotional acting, but the story and plot line doesn’t really call for it. The comedy part really shined for everyone.

I don’t really know much about music. I am more of a costume person, but the music in this really was amazing. The battle scene, the last song, everything was so well done, that I couldn’t fathom not giving it a 10. Because this plot follows heavily on music, It was really well done. I even found myself loving some of the classical chinese instruments amazing and trying to find instrumental recordings to listen to. Job well done!

Re:watch Value 8.5
I honestly would watch it over again. I think I would get tired of the story plot after a few watches, but I could watch the battle scene everyday for the rest of my life and never tire of it. The plot line can be repetitive, but the music is beyond interesting to me.

Boss & Me
Sep 5, 2017
Overall: 8.9

Story: 8.0
With the overall story, I thought it was very well perceived. A young woman freshly out of college gets a job at a very famous company. She finds out she got in because of her blood type this “panda” blood. The CEO, the brother of the women she helped save, falls for her innocence and naive personality, while later stays in love when he realizes how strong she is underneath it all. They break up, or “on a break” get back together, happy ending. It's a typical romantic comedy. With some exceptions, in the end you are happy for the female rival, and happy that they become good friends. The male lead goes after her instead of the other way around. And the family dynamic that is present in a lot of rich boy, poor girl, is missing.
Though I enjoyed the journey and loved watching it, I found myself slightly disappointed that it gave into some of the typical cliches that dramas tend to do, such as the misunderstood because he hides things from her. The women being nice to her face, but secretly going behind her back on everything. The long drawn out story arc’s that could have been solved in relatively two episodes instead of five.
I liked the last little bump they had to go through in order to get together. I think it should have been a bigger story plot than it was, because it made you happy to see Shan Shan achieve the success she did.
I think what would have improved this for me, is if the cousin’s Liu Liu’s love story started earlier, instead of in the last two episodes. Everyone else's was so drawn out, that hers just seemed to be rushed and unplanned.
Overall the story is interesting and isn’t boring what’s so ever, just a few things I personally didn’t quite care for, but that doesn’t mean it was portrayed badly in any given circumstances.

Acting/Casting: 9.5
I think the thing that makes this story so well done, is the acting. The casting was perfect, though I might have gone for someone different to play Wang Pin Ruo, just because she didn’t really seem fit for me. But it was such a minor character, she served her purpose well that I didn’t think much of it until after the show ended.
The two leads chemistry is what kept me coming back towards the middle where the story started to slow down in pace. The breaking out of the stern rich man character was very well portrayed, while Shan Shan’s innocence was portrayed in a way that gave people hope instead of hating the character. You saw her happiness diminish as she struggled to go through the ups and downs of being connected to such a big power. Overall the acting and casting was very done, which I believe makes this one of the main reasons people recommend this drama.

Music: 9.5
One thing I would change about the music is the use of English lyrics. It's only thing because I found myself slightly distracted by the english lyrics, I found that what they were saying fit with the tone that they were trying to do, but with them speaking over it, it was hard to concentrate. But everything was fantastic. They knew when to play music, when not. When to play dramatic instrumental, the happy moments, the cute moments. It was really a good example of what to do with background music, in my opinion.

Rewatch Value: 8.5
I found this drama not hard to watch and very easy to follow. This is one that you would rewatch while watching something that is overly sad. When you want to have a happy ending and watch someone’s personal growth through work, love, and self-esteem.

After School: Lucky or Not
Jun 23, 2016
Its a quick and easy watch as well as fully enjoyable. The storyline is well put together and also well thought out. After watching this multiple times, I wanted more of both the small romantic storyline and more challenges.
For this the acting was also well done, and the romantic chemistry between Kim So Eun and Seo Kang Joon. The chemistry between the 5urprise members was well portrayed.
Stranger
Jan 31, 2019
If you like murder mysterious and twists and turns that you necessary wouldn’t be able to predict, this is the drama for you! Though I have some things that I didn’t like, about the plot, mostly that at times, it seemed they added one or two things that were slightly irrelevant or didn’t tie up as nicely as I would have wanted, that doesn't mean I didn’t enjoy the ride. It is well worth a watch.

Everyone in this drama was perfectly casted for me. I wouldn’t change anything when it came to casting choices. If you want to see a drama that is very well acted, you should definitely check this drama out. I don’t think people quite understand how changeling and hard it is, to play someone like Si-mok, and have others interact around that type of character. As someone who understands the field and challenges of acting, I thought it was very well done, and if you had gone for someone else, odds are you they wouldn't have been able to pull it off.

It was really nice for me to see Bae Doona in a roll that wasn’t as serious or at least she smiled and had acted goofy in this more than what I have seen her do. Her ability to change between the two is, really wonderful and very well executed in this role.

The music for this show was very well placed and very well chosen. There wasn’t any over dramatic song choices that didn’t fit the concept as far as the OST goes. The music was subtle at points that it needed to be. I have no problems with the music, in fact, ti made some moments even more intense for me.

Rewatch Value: 2.0
I found the story topic and the overall surprises, wouldn’t be good for a rewatch to me. Because I know all the twist and turns once watching it, I don’t believe there series would be as exciting the second time. Acting wise, the drama would be enjoyable to watch an episode every once in awhile. But if the sequel does happen, you better be sure I will be watching it.

Overall Episode Average Score: 9.28

Re:Mind
Dec 26, 2018
Note: I did not watch this as a fan of the group nor did I realize it was a Jpop band before hand. It was only after watching I found out. So I’m basing the review as far as the cast goes on them as actresses and not as singers.
Story - 7.0
I enjoyed the murder mystery type of feel. It was interesting, and it made me keep wondering how they got there. I was disappointed with the many plot holes throughout but I still kept watching. I think it’s worth a watch at least for the story wise if you are wondering what watch. Maybe you’ll also be trying to figure out why the girls were forced there.

Acting/cast - 6.0
The casting in the beginning was questionable. The only one demeaning to be decent was who they chose to be left at the end, except for the one, who I won’t mention for spoiler reasons. Some actions that they were told to take, were questionable, and you could tell the girls didn’t really know much about acting. They did manage to give of the sort of theme, but I found the casting choices were questionable at some points. But it did manage to show off the band if that’s what they were trying to achieve.

Music - 5.0
The music was a little light and a little off putting to me, at some points. I found the theme song didn’t really necessary go with the overall dark tone theme, but that could also just be personal taste. I understand that this was to showcase the group now, but at the time of watching, some of the music background I wish was a little darker. Also I’m not really a music person, so this section is always a slight mystery to me.

Rewatch - 1.0
I enjoyed watching the film towards the end due to the plotline and I honestly just wanted to know why, so with that knowledge, I don’t believe I would ever venture to rewatch it.

Dear Sister
Apr 21, 2018
Story: 9.5
This story made me wish I had a sister. The plot wasn’t very complicated which I enjoyed, and its a simple 10 episode drama that you can binge in a day/night. The story had me laughing and crying all at the sametime. This drama is a definite for anyone who likes a strong female cast, and enjoys the family dynamic that comes with sisterhood.

Acting/Casting: 10.0
This was so well casted! I can not tell you how much I enjoyed the two female leads in this. The only question I would have had would the casting choice of Sakuraba Soichiro just because he seemed a lot older than I thought he was supposed to be. The overall acting kept me wanting to click to the next episode. I truly have become a fan of both leads, their bond between the two showed on screen.

Music: 10.0
The music in this fit perfectly. It kept me into the story and didn’t take me out once. The intro song was very well with the drama. I’m not a music expert, but it was really well done, and they knew when to not play any music.

Rewatch Value: 10
I wouldn’t hesitate to rewatch this the moment I feel lonely because it left me feeling happy and appreciative of the family I do have. This is truly a jem and added to my favorite list of dramas.

Birth of a Beauty
Apr 20, 2018
Story: 10.0
The storyline was one, I’ve seen before involving the plastic surgery to become beautiful. But the murder thrown on top was just the perfect touch for me. I know some people didn’t enjoy how long it lasted but I quite enjoyed the added the suspension at the end. If they had tried to end it 16 episodes it would have ended in a blur without a full follow up on some questions, so 21 episodes was a good length.
One thing I enjoyed about this drama was the two themes that played out. That truth will win out in the day, and that actions have consequences. For me, those are something I always remember, and I really do enjoy it, when dramas actually show it.
Also I liked that they didn’t really take Plastic Surgery with such a faint heart. Yes she had it, but she suffered consequences from it. They weren’t exactly completely against it, but it was more, of a way of warning that you shouldn’t chose plastic surgery just become pretty.

Acting/Casting: 9.0
For me, the acting was great and I thought the casting decision was spot on. I felt like the main actresses acting could have been a tad more realistic, during a couple of her crying scenes, more towards the beginning than at the end. It hadn’t felt like she was fully developed in her character during those moments, but it improved as the drama went on. The seriousness that she brought to Sara tied with the old sa Geum-ran’s character traits really was very delightful to watch. The reason I was pulled into this drama though, was because of the acting of the supporting role, yet a crucial one of Hae Jae-sook, she played the first Sa Geum Ran, and she fit perfectly in a way that wasn’t so over the top. it had that despesperation that the character needed. She as was so wonderful, had me in tears.
I always give props to the villain of the group, because if you can make me dislike you so much, you did a wonderful job. Wan Ji-hye did a fantastic job as Gyo Chae-yeon, I couldn’t have asked for a better main antagonist.
Everyone did a wonderful job in acting out their own characters, and I also did enjoy the lead male, but the woman in this show for me outshined in a way that made it enjoyable.

Music: 9.0
I loved the music. It felt really fitting for this drama. I always teared up when I heard Jonghyun’s voice come in for the main theme. His voice was very fitting for this drama. The music never once took me out of the story plot, but I’m always unsure about music because it’s not exactly my forte.

Rewatch Value: 3.0
Though I enjoyed the storyline the first time, watching a second time would probably bore me since I know what is going to happen. I think this is a good drama to watch once, and maybe come back to again after a couple of years to rewatch it, once the storylines becomes a little faded. But as I always say, rewatch value is always up to you!

Click Your Heart
Mar 30, 2018
Overall: 8.3
Overall, I enjoyed watching the series because it was short and cute. Could I watch hour long dramas based on these characters, storylines, & Acting. No. The storylines were chessy and over done, but for this cute little concept I enjoyed it. Each episode was only about 15 minutes long. My favorite storylines was the last two, the Part B series. I enjoyed the emotional aspect of them as compared to the first two.

Story: 9.0
The overall premise of picking your own story based on your favorite character, is actually a great idea for a drama lover. No second male lead syndrome, no wishing you could imagine the lead with the other. Every loose love interest loophole is tied down. I really like the story premise, that life is full of choices, pick yours and you can change the outcome. That life isn’t so simple after all. That I did like, and I did enjoy the cliche moments. What can I say, I’m a romantic at heart. (I would pick the ex-boyfriend)

Acting/Casting: 6.5
I didn’t take this as serious as I would an actual drama. The acting was tolerable, but I could see need for improvement with all the leads. The lead actress is an Idol/Actress from the girl Group AOA, by the same name. According to My Drama list this is her first time starring as the Lead in a drama (although a web drama), and I would like to see her improve a lot more, maybe with a different subject matter. The role didn’t seem to really fit her all to well. This is also coming from someone who actually likes Idol Actors/Actresses. She has the emotional moments down, I just think she didn’t fit for this role. The male leads are all from the group SF9, before they debuted as idols. There were FNC Entertainment Trainees at the time. The male lead of Cha-ni, the actor by the same name, has actually been acting since 2009. I can see need for improvement. I can also understand that we didn’t really have much character depth with such a short time period of knowing the characters and the writing of the quick drama series.

Music: 9.0
THe music fit for the teenage web drama that this series is. I thought it was great, and didn’t take me out of the moment. It wasn’t over the top with anyones group vocals, and was purely about just moving the plot along with each new story.

Rewatch Value: 9.0
It’s short, it’s cute, it’s cheesy. Rewatch value is always up to the beholder, but because this show did get a good couple of laughs out of me, the Rewatch value is high. This drama is only 15 minutes per episode and can easily be watched in less than 2 hours. Nothing to waste the day over, but enough to pass sometime. For that reason, the Re-watch value is high for me.

We Were There: Part 2
Sep 12, 2017
Story: 9.0
The Story picks up a couple of years after where we left off in part one. Here most of the drama is about bringing the two back together, or even finding him. We find that she has been waiting for him all this time, yet he never comes, until finally she is told that he abandoned her. We see the relationship develop between the Takeuchi and Nanami, developing even further into that story plot. We also go through another tragicomic experience of Yano.

A lot happens in this film, and just shows that splitting it up into two parts was a good decision.

Acting/Casting: 9.5
As I said in the first film review, I think they should have casted different actors for the school and for this film. In this film, the casting seemed to be more appropriate towards college age and young adulthood. So compared to the first film, the cast was better suited, which is why I think they were casted in the first place, for this film instead of the first.

Music: 8.0
Just as in the first film, I didn’t really notice the music. So I do not feel like I can give a review on it, in words. Though the fact that I didn’t notice the music says a lot.

Rewatch Value: 7.5
Again, the rewatch value is a little lower than I would normally give it, mostly because a lot of drama happens in this 2 hours. It might not necessarily be a good film to rewatch all the time, but it still is a good sequel and wraps things up at the end.

We Were There: Part 1
Sep 12, 2017
Story: 9.0
I actually enjoyed the storyline. I also enjoyed where they ended the first part of the film series. It was a really fitting ending, and made you want to see the next film. I thought For me the storyline never dragged. I do wish that they would expand a little on the happy times that they went through instead of relying on the drama. I thought the build up to the romance was very well executed.

I have not read the Manga nor have I watched the anime. I found this storyline with no context to either, still very enjoyable and definitely a recommendation to future viewers.

Acting/Casting: 8.5
I have to be honest, at first, I didn’t like the male lead. To me, he wasn’t as handsome as the second male lead, and he did not look he should be in high school. It bothered me slightly that they didn’t recast for the second film, because both leads didn’t quite look like they belonged, given their style. But he grew on me throughout the film, mostly just because he did a fantastic job. Dealing with these type of moody characters is typical in Japanese drama’s, but I liked the complexity of emotions he had throughout. One particular scene for him stood out, when they were looking at his ex-girlfriend’s photo.
The female lead was okay as well. I thought they could have gone with a slightly better lead, in terms of choices, but I find her characterization simple. Which a complex storyline, that was kind of what the role called for.
For casting choices, I thought they should have chosen younger actors for the first film, then used the leads only in the second part. It would have made the impact, For me a little bit better.

Music: 8.0
The music never bothered me. I didn’t particularly take any interest in this film, listening to music wise. I do feel like silence would have been more impactful at some turns, but it worked okay with in this film.

Rewatch Value: 7.0
The reason why this isn’t a highly rewatch value, is mostly just because it has a lot of drama and deals with the significance of death and how it affects those still living. Though it may not be a tough situation for some, others may find it hard to rewatch. Especially ones who have lost loves. Though overall it is a extremely great film, and I recommend it to first time watchers of Japanese romance-school films.

Say "I Love You"
Sep 10, 2017
Overall: 5.5

Story: 7.5
The story features a shy lonely “Plain” girl, who attracts the attention of the most popular, handsome boy in town. Similar to Boys Over Flowers minus the raging confidence and good-girl persona. The story overall was simple and easy to follow, there was less drama, and more of, I don’t think I’m good enough to be near him type of situation. It was mostly just about inner growth and trust in a relationship that led the drama than actual drama. In reality, this story plot seems overdone with many different versions of the sorts, but it wasn’t a horrible attempt at the concept.

Acting/Casting: 4.5
The less than stellar cast was kind of a down fall for this film. The chemistry wasn't really all there, there were sparks, but I found myself wishing that they could have gone with different actors. The main lead girl was boring to watch, and terrible at getting the little emotions out, even though this role, a stoic bottled up girl, calls for an actress that can do those little hints that no one sees.
The second leads were even worse, with dialogue that didn’t quite read what the actors were trying to portray, I often found myself thinking how forced most it was. It felt like some of the actors took this film for a paycheck.

Music: 7.0
I didn’t notice the music throughout this film. So I can’t quite tell you whether or not it helped or not.

Rewatch Value: 2.5
I found myself wishing the film was over before the ending. I am reviewing this on my second watch, and I wished I was reviewing films on the first watch, because the second viewing I found myself bored and slightly upset over some of the concepts and acting.