• Join Date: May 5, 2012
1 Litre no Namida
May 19, 2016
This is one if the best dramas I have ever watched! It made me cry almost every episode but it was a great drama. It has a really good story and it makes you think about many things in life. This drama has everything you can ask for, excellent cast, awesome OST, and a heartfelt story that will make you want to work harder In life. The quotes at the end of every episode were so touching and knowing they were written by a real person going through that disease made it so more meaningful.

Nishikido and Sajiwara were really convincing on their parts I think they were perfectly cast. Also Fujiki was a very good choice as the doctor specialist.

And Remioromen with their music on the OST was a really good combination with the key pints of the drama, I have their song Konayuki on my playlist until now.

This dramas is based on the real story, so that's why is so moving and well made. The romance part of the drama just made it better. Even though that part was fictional, it was greatly adapted and fitted perfectly with the story.

Highly recommend this drama, in fact I've watched 2 times already and will watched it again anytime. Be prepared because you will certainly shed 1 liter of tears (or in my case maybe more),but don't worry this is not a depressing drama, this drama is a drama full of hope and encouragement.

MARS - Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru
Apr 20, 2016
This adaptation was better than I expected though The 20min episodes were too short! I wanted to watch more of their story. Fujigaya really surprised me, because when I heard he was casted as Rei I was so worried, but he did a pretty good job here, and I really liked his Rei portrayal. He was rough but also had his cute moments. The girl that played Kira was new for me, I have never seen her on any drama, but I think she was ok in her part. Give it a chance after all is a light drama that moves fast and it's well made. It was a little tricky to watch because I couldn't find subbed episodes so I have to watched them 100% in Japanese, but gladly I could understand 85% and it also helped that I had already read the manga. Now I'm waiting for the movie release so I can see how they end the story.

Healer
Jul 8, 2016
Healer is one of the best dramas I’ve seen so far. It has the right balance of romance, comedy, action, suspense, everything you could ask in a drama.

The story is about this guy who calls himself “Healer” who together with a hacker “Ahjumma” does any kind of errands as long as they are paid (anything except murder) no questions asked. The story is full of suspense as to know who is really The Healer and why he does what he does. And for him to discover what happen to his family and why is he living the way he does. Doing his job he meets a young reporter who slowly gets involved with him and with the mystery surrounding him.

I found the acting to be really on spot, they had a great casting. It’s my first time watching Ji Chang Wook in anything but he does great as Healer, he has this serious face when needed and also the comedy part is always fun to watch. Also my first time watching Park Min Young and I found her cute and also tenacious reporter Young Shin very well acted. Yoo Ji Tae was also new to me and really loved him acting as the protective person Healer and Young Shin needed. I have seen Kim Mi Kyung before, on Heirs for example or The Master’s sun, but here she was awesome, she was unrecognizable and I love her!! Ahjumma is one of the best characters ever been on a drama, Kim Mi Kyung will never be the same for me I recently saw her on Oh Hae Young Again, and it made my brain so confused it was like “Ahjumma what are you doing there?? Crying and being a mom?

The OST is awesome I loved to pieces “Eternal Love” it’s on my top 5 of best drama songs. I download it and listen to it every time I’m down. It works like a charm, one of the best songs ever.

Overall this a very gooood drama, highly recommend it and I think you can watch it several times an even though the mystery won’t be a mystery anymore the love story and the goofiness will worth the rewatch.

Kazoku Game
May 31, 2016
Kazoku game is a drama I postponed watching for a very long time, and I do regret it, First of all this drama is tagged on the genre of family, drama. Even though it is essentially about a family I would add suspense and psychological genre. Because of the genre being family and drama I thought this drama was going to be about family bonding and growing together and all that cheesiness. That's why I was reluctant to watch it, but don't be mistaken this is more than a family drama!
This a very good suspense drama were at first you think Yoshimoto sensei (Sakurai's character) is a good teacher kind of Onizuka on GTO, but then you start to think he is only a twisted teacher and then again you think he's good but a little mischievous. And at the end of the drama you don't know what to think about his teaching and methods and whether he is a good intentioned teacher or a bad one. I think they leave it to us to choose to believe if he is good or bad.
This is also quite a dark drama, were they use a deep dark psychological approach on every character.

The acting was really well done Sho Sakurai did a wonderful job with Yoshimoto Sensei's craziness and over the top methods. Kamiki was also good on his acting as this double faced student and son.

For the rewatch value I set the rating on 7 because you will lose the surprise fact of the story once you watched it for the first time.

Signal
Jul 7, 2016
This drama was a big surprise for me, for Korean dramas I have always watched romance dramas but because many people recommended this drama and talked so many good things about it I decided to give it a try. And I was pleasantly surprised with its story and characters.

Signal is a detective/suspense drama that focuses on a newly created police department “the cold cases unit” and how its profiler suddenly finds an old seeming less useless radio (walkie talkie) but starts getting these weird transmissions from that radio. Then he discovers the transmissions come from a detective of the past, who strangely has a connection to the cold cases the unit is investigating. The profiler keeps the transmissions of the radio a secret but uses them to solve the cold cases. But soon he’ll discover there is more than meets the eye. These transmissions are only the beginning of uncovering a big conspiracy and all the secrets involved in it.

It really is a well made suspense drama, the cases are well planned and they interconnect very well with the scenes form the past. Overall the stories from the past and the present are well connected, at first you get a little confused because they change from past to present from one scene to another. But all the old scenes are filmed with this sepia color that helps you identify which is which.

The main 3 actors of this drama are all new to me this is the first time I’ve seen them act. They did an amazing job, their characters were well developed and all the emotions portrayed were believable. I only had a little problem with the female detective’s acting on the past, she was the exact opposite of the strong and reliable detective from the present.

The only bad point for me is the paradox of changing the past and the repercussions it could have in the present, I was ok with the explanations and the way they handled it until the final episodes where I think they kind of contradict the premise they were using in the previous episodes.

As many others had done I’m also recommending this drama, watch it and write your own conclusions on the cases and the time paradox. And by watching you will also wonder how can a boy eating omurice can make you cry so much!

Nobuta Wo Produce
May 6, 2016
This is a story that if anything talks about friendship.
The drama follows the story of Shuuji (Kamenashi Kazuya) a popular guy that lives deceiving everyone around him just to be popular, Akira (Yamashita Tomohisa) a strange guy that wants to befriend Shuuji and Nobuko (Horikita Maki) a new girl student that pretty much acts as a zombie.
These two guys join forces and decide to transform Nobuko into a popular girl, giving her the nickname of "Nobuta".

This drama it’s about friendship and about being oneself. I was hoping for the love line story to develop but at the end it did not. The ending is a little bit weird and it want’ what I was expecting. Even though I had lots of fun watching this drama.
Overall it’s a fun drama and you get to see Yamapi acting weird and “baka” instead of cool.
You’ll be very entertained through out the story and will laugh out loud with some of the “happenings”. Give it a try and watch it for a light hearted drama.

Tumbling
Nov 25, 2016
I should have watched tumbling before!! This drama is awesome, it's motivational it talks about friendship, dreams, working hard, human relationships, it's very complete. This drama had me crying for the last 4 episodes!! The story really touches your heart and moves you to tears. I think the summary for this drama is really misleading as it makes you think the story is boring and weird and that's why I wasn't planning on watching it, but I got a recommendation of one fellow member of mydramalist and I'm glad I decided to watch it.

The acting in this drama is very good I think they made great choices on their casting and it really payed off.

Do watch this drama you won't regret it and will find it is a lovely story of an underdog group of young men trying to achieve their goals, finding passion for something and bonding through sports.

H2
Aug 9, 2016
I think this drama is very well balanced between sports and romance. Mainly it is classified as a sport drama, baseball is its main focus, but the love story that develops slowly is really good.

I didn’t know anything about baseball, but this drama got me interested in it and I learned some rules and found it interesting. I wish they made more episodes for this, but normally Japanese dramas are 9-11 episodes.

This drama is based on a manga which I have read some chapters. I think they took the main idea from the manga and then developed the drama and it was very well adapted.

The casting was perfect, everyone did great and Ishihara Satomi was really cute in this, one of her best dramas. Yamada Takayuki is a very good actor and I wish he picked more dramas like this one.

The ending song by K is very good and I already have it in my playlist, in general the OST is very fitting, they made really good choices with the music.

I was pretty satisfied with the ending so for that I'm very happy.

You can rewatch this drama any day, and still found it lovely and entertaining.

The Greatest Love
Jul 18, 2016
This is one of my all time favorites! This drama has it all you named it. I think the story it's fresh and it's very entertaining to watch. Also all the analogies they use are spot on (the Hong sisters really know how to use them).

The casting is great everyone fits their character perfectly and they made them lovable, it was my first time seeing Seung Won, because he is more the type to do action dramas, but he was awesome here as Dokko Jin. He was so sweet the way he had like a pure crush on the heroine, and his interaction with her nephew was pure gold. I hope one day he accepts another offer for a love comedy because he fits very well the genre, Hyo Jin is a well known actress in romantic comedies and she know how to do her job very well. Also the second lead, doctor Pil Joo, was so endearing and cute and you just wanted to keep both of them.

The OSt was fitting, the song they made for the girl band once you hear it you can not get it out of your head.

I've seen this drama 2 times, so I think its rewatch value is high because both times it was a great experience and I'll love to watch it again. Definitely one of the best dramas made by the Hong sisters,

Konkatsu!
May 6, 2016
Konkatsu! is a story that is focused in marriage. Kuniyuki (Nakai Masahiro) quitted from his job and in order to get a new one he has to lie about him getting married. This is the beginning of Kuni's marriage hunting, together with his friend Shigeru (Sato Ryuta) he attends to several "marriage parties", all of them organized by his childhood friend Makoto. Along the way he discovers the importance of marriage and love. His childhood friend Haruno (Ueto Aya) poses as his fake fiancée in order to buy him some time.

Kuni lives with his dad a Tonkatsu restaurant owner, his dad wants Kuni to take over the family business, but Kuni dislikes Tonkatsu the most. Things change when they found out his neighborhood is going to be sold and they will have to leave the place for good. Kuni discovers the importance of working hard and families business'.

That's pretty much the drama's outline!

I was very excited when I first heard of this drama, because it was Ueda Tatsuya's first drama and because it was my first time watching Nakai's acting. But after watching it, it wasn't what I expected.

First of all Ueda's appearances where about 5min per episode. He decides to marry his older girlfriend, But the fact that we didn't get to see his relationship with his girlfriend so we could understand why was he marrying her was the worst.

Second there was ZERO lovey dovey feeling between Nakai and Aya!!! So I couldn't cheer for their pair at all, I was cheering all the way for MakotoXNakai pair, I was pretty happy watching Nakai's acting and interaction with Makoto's children!!!!! So thumps up for Nakai!!! I think he saves the drama, because if it wasn't for him maybe I couldn't have finished this drama. I had thoughts of dropping it out several times!

Now Ryuta, he is so lovely like always, love his smile, he is so fresh and such a good actor.

I will NOT highly recommend this drama. I think this drama is just meant for Nakai's fans and people who are in the marriage age and want to get some info about it. It was a miracle I could finish all the 11 episodes

Marriage Contract
Apr 26, 2016
This is a really good drama, but be prepared to cry buckets because this is full of emotions and very sweet moments that would move your heart. Since the beginning one starts to hope for a miracle to happen, but in order to see if it happens or not you'll have to watch until the end. This is a drama that even though is not a romance comedy it has very light moments as well as deep ones. The actors' performances are really good and the little girl is a joy to watch,
Aogeba Toutoshi
Sep 15, 2018
La trama es sobre Hikuma, un saxofonista retirado, que es invitado como maestro temporal. La líder de la banda de música de la escuela decide pedirle a Hikuma que les enseñe música y los entrene.

Hikuma ve que la banda necesita mucha práctica pero gustoso decide aceptar, aunque no solo debe enfrentar ese reto, si no que también termina topándose con un grupo de 5 muchachos quienes son conocidos por ser uno vagos. Hikuma se entera que ellos solían tener una banda de rock pero debido a un incidente, en el que el guitarrista, Aoshima, se lastimó la mano, habían decidido alejarse de la música por completo. Es por esto que se decide a invitar a los 5 muchachos a formar parte de la banda de la escuela y juntos ir a la competencia nacional. ¿Será capaz Hikuma de hacer que la banda llegue a la competencia nacional?

Hikuma es verdaderamente un maestro conmovedor, ya que a diferencia de los demás, que son jóvenes y que tienen fuerza física, él es un padre de familia viudo y con una edad ya avanzada. Pero de igual manera decide luchar y salvar los sueños de sus alumnos.

Este dorama también cuenta con muy buenas actuaciones, ya que fue la primera vez que vi actuar a Murakami Nijiro, a Mackenyu, y es uno de los papeles más sobresalientes que le he visto a Terao Akira.

Aogeba Toutoshi
Sep 15, 2018
If you're looking for a heartfelt drama this is it! There are tons of dramas of this kind but this one is one of the best I have seen so far.

The story is about Hikuma a retired saxophonist who is invited as a part-time teacher. The captain of the brass band asks Hikuma to be their coach and be in charge of the band rehearsals.

Hikuma accepts the challenge since the bands needs lots of rehearsing but that's not the only challenge he has to face. He also meets a group of 5 guys who are a bunch of bumps but used to be in a rock band. Due to an incident that happened to Aoshima, the guitarist and leader of the band, they decide to quit the band. Hikuma decides to invite these guys to be part of the brass band and help them achieve their goal to go to the national competition. Will Hikuma be able to take the brass band to national competition?

Hikuma is a teacher that really reaches your heart and has his own strengths different from other teachers in this genre.

This drama is about music and how it connects people through a common goal. You'll get the chance to see great performances like Murakami Nijiro, Mackenyu, Tabe Mikako and of course the outstanding performance of Terao Akira.

Kill Me, Heal Me
Sep 9, 2018
I saw this drama the same year I saw Healer (2015) and I have to say they are the best dramas I watched on 2015.

Kill me Heal me is a well rounded story, it has romance, suspense, comedy and even some action. One of the strong points of this drama is that there's no love triangle, the romance is pretty straightforward and sweet. The story will intrigue you since the first episode and you won't be able to stop watching.

The plot is so well made that the story keeps moving at an excellent speed and there's no boring parts at all.

The cast is superb, everyone acted they roles excellent and Ji Sung was the perfect choice for this role. He interprets all the personalities different and you really feel you're seeing a different person there. I don't think any other actor could have made this role a success. I'm his fan since I saw him here, and will be forever.

There are many people who think Hwang Jung Eum's acting i over the top most of the times, but I think her chemistry with Ji Sung is awesome and that they work together perfectly.

You'll really enjoy de suspense in the plot since you'll never figure out all the plot twist that keep coming and the truth hidden at the end of this journey. The script is one of the best I have seen with a romance-suspense story since it has the right balance an mount of each.

Finally the OST is ver memorable specially "Auditory Hallucinations" the mix of the female singer and the rapper make an outstanding song that keeps playing in your memory for a long time.

Kazoku Game
Sep 9, 2018
Kazoku Game es un drama que estuve posponiendo ver por mucho tiempo y de lo cual me arrepiento. Cuando lei la sinopsis de este drama únicamente tenia las etiquetas de familia y drama, y es fue una de las razones que me hicieron posponerlo. Pero sepan bien que este drama es todo sobre suspenso y psicología de los personajes además de abordar temas familiares.

Este no es un drama familiar en el que juntos crecen y maduran y todo ese tipo de cursilerías. Este drama utiliza un nuevo enfoque para abordar el tema de la familia.

Yo considero este drama como un excelente drama de suspenso en donde el personaje principal, Yoshimoto-sensei, aporta todo el misterio necesario. Al inicio piensas que es un maestro como Onizuka de GTO para minutos después cambiar tu opinión y pensar que es un maestro ruin y despreciable y nuevamente te hace cambiar de opinión confundiéndote en un laberinto de opiniones en el cual no sabes cual es la correcta. Al final me parece que es criterio de cada quien decidir si es un buen maestro o no y si sus métodos son correctos o no.

Tambien en este drama encontrarás un enfoque psicológico obscuro para cada personaje en donde se van despejando capas de cada uno en las cuales vemos distintas facetas.

Las actuaciones son sobresaliente, Sakurai Sho interpreta la locura y exageración del maestro Yoshimoto de una manera excelente al igual que Kamiki y su papel de estudiante de preparatoria.