• Location: South West, UK

George

South West, UK
Yamada kun to 7 nin no Majo
Oct 6, 2013
I really enjoyed this drama. The story is very fun and cute, if you want a quick lighthearted drama fix than this is for you! Its about a high school where there are 7 witches who can cast spells by kissing, and Yamada, a boy who can copy a witches power. Each episode (or there about) we find out about a new witch and her power.

The acting is typical Asian comedy acting, over the top but not bad. Yamamoto Yusuke is his same crazy self we know and love! I hadn't seen Nishiuchi Mariya in much else other than GTO, but she is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I could defiantly watch this again. Who doesn't love a drama thats funny, over the top, cute and silly, yet still makes you feel alot of emotions!

Click Your Heart
Mar 23, 2016
I'm not usually a fan of Korean dramas but I had never seen a drama in this format before, and after seeing it was short and sweet I thought I may as well give it a watch.

The story obviously isn't original- this drama is made with all our favourite drama tropes in mind- but the format made it very entertaining. I'm actually really surprised this doesn't have higher views on here, how many times have we watched a drama and had second male lead syndrome? Well with this drama that's impossible, as you can make your own ending.
Will she go with the cute underclass-man, the childhood friend who would do anything for her, the cool school sports star, or the protective bad boy? You decide!I watched all the possibilities but my heart is with Jooho as I'm a sucker for the bad boy type.

Random dance numbers aside, Click your Heart is a well put together drama. It's short, sweet and easy to watch. I really hope there are more like this in the future.

Good Morning Call
Jun 11, 2016
The story of this drama and the manga its adapted from, as everyone has pointed out, is not original. Girl and boy start living together and have to hide it from the people at school.

I enjoyed almost every episode, some felt like "filler" episodes but were still enjoyable. I didn't care much for Yuri's storyline. Girl needs to get it togther and stop unloading her problems on teenagers! It was also very annoying how cold Uehara was, but I still loved him because I am a sucker like Nao.

I enjoyed this drama so much, staying up till midnight on Thursdays, waiting for the new episode! The acting was very good, I really liked everyone's portrayal of their characters. Nagasawa Koya as Abe and Arai Moe as Marina were my favourites, such good comedic timing! Fukuhara Haruka was very, very good and I look forward to seeing her in more dramas.

I would definitely re watch this, and I really hope they do another season. I would recommend this drama for anyone who likes romantic high school dramas.

Spellbound
Jan 31, 2013
I'm not usually a huge fan on Korean movies, but after seeing the reviews for this I thought I'd give it a go and I was not disappointed!
It had a bit of everything, one minute I was laughing then the next I was hiding under my blanket. I thought the story was great and the acting was so good that, even though the story is supernatural, its still believable. Some parts of the film were predicable but thats to be expected in any film.
The acting was just amazing, I can't fault it at all. They pulled off the comedic scenes perfectly and had me laughing till my belly hurt. I had never seen the leads in anything before (obviously because I don't usually watch Korean things) but they was so good I'm going to watch more of there work. Lee Min Ki facial expressions were a highlight for me!
This is a film I will be watching over and over again!

Zettai Kareshi
Jan 4, 2013
I adore this drama. When i first heard about it I was a bit torn about whether to watch it or not. A human falling in love with a robot? No thankyou. However, I'm so glad I did!

The plot might seem silly but its actually really good and heart warming. Its about teaching someone how to love. Even though the plot is a bit far fetched its still believable and thats one of the main things I love.

The acting is good, however I've never been a huge fan of Hayami Mokomichi and find his acting a bit lacking. I will admit I was biased and mostly watched this for Mizushima Hiro.

Atashinchi no Danshi
Dec 15, 2012
This is one of my favourite dramas. Every cast member is brilliant, the storyline is brilliant and I can watch it over and over again.

The story is of a woman whose father left her all his gambling debts. After running away and living like a homeless person she eventually meets a billionaire who runs a company. He agrees to pay off her debts if he marries her and becomes "mother" to his six grown adoptive sons. I think its absolutely hilarious, Even though the plot can be a bit silly its still somehow believable. This drama is great. Its got a really good mix of emotional scenes and comedy. It had me laughing and crying but mostly crying with laughter!

All the acting is great, three of my favourite actors in one drama? yes please. Horikita Maki is really good as always and Yamamoto Yusuke is just his usual crazy self.

Nobunaga Concerto: The Movie
Aug 6, 2016
I will try my best to review this without any spoilers!

The story picks up where the drama left off, with the real Nobunaga Oda/ Mitsuhide plotting to kill Saburo with Tokichiro. You could theoretically watch this without seeing the drama and still pick up the story, but I wouldn't suggest it as it could get confusing. Seeing Saburo's character development was a highlight. Watching him run into battles with ease, when at first he would have run away was really nice. His and Kicho's relationship was also beautiful and heartbreaking. Oguri Shun and Shibasaki Kou have such good chemistry, even though the words are never said, you really believe they love each-other.

The acting was as brilliant as it was in the drama. I found myself crying on multiple occasions. Oguri Shun wowed me playing two characters so well, and Yamada Takayuki was amazing in THAT scene at honnoj (If you've watched it, you know the one I mean!). His anguish was so obvious, but not in the classic overacted way Japanese movies so often give us with villains.

Visually the Nobunaga Concerto Movie is amazing. The budget must have been high because the sets, costumes, and effects were all sublime and beautiful. The music was the same soundtrack from the drama, I have no real opinion on it.

Overall, I would probably watch this film again, but not anytime soon as its pretty heavy.

Feb 5, 2016
This special was so cute. It's a very easy watch, so if you have a few hours and like typical cute school dramas- give it a watch!

The story is a bit weird, very standard manga storyline. Two guys, one "evil" and one "good" fighting for a girl. The acting wasn't amazing but wasn't bad either. The two male leads are actually attractive, I find with so many dramas that the "super attractive male leads" are just standard looking.

There really isn't much I can say about this drama other than that its very cute, has all the drama cliches and easy to watch.

GTO: Remake Season 2
Sep 22, 2014
GTO 2012 has to be my favorite drama, so when I found out there was a new season I almost died of pure excitement.

The class and school is new, but our beloved Onizuka is still there, along with a few others from the first season. I was skeptical, having fallen in love with the cast from the first season, but I ended up caring about this class all the same. The storylines were sometimes lacking premise and reality, but it was still very entertaining to watch them play out. The main plot of the season being Onizukas dark past at the school, and the loss of his high school friend.
Yusuke is still his crazy self, I think we can all agree he basically plays different variations of the same character but we love him!
We also get to see a lot more of Kurosawas acting this time around, and his performance in episode 10 made me cry! (No spoilers but grab a box of tissues)
No member of the class cast really stuck our to me, they were all good, but didn't blow me away.
The music score was the same as last season, and I LOVE it, I find myself humming along. Also, they use E-girls High School Love in every episode.

Anyone who is a fan of the first season, or loves a good high school drama, should DEFINITELY give this a watch. I loved it. Left something to be desired, but still a very good drama and I will be re watching it as soon as I get the DVD.

Lovely Complex
Dec 23, 2012
This was possibly one of the cutest things I have ever watched!
I love the story! I'm defiantly going to watch the Anime now. The acting was great, it was very very sweet!
I think I could watch this over and over again. Its so funny, if anyone is having a bad day they should watch this.

I've never seen Koike Teppei in anything but I'm defiantly going to check out a few of the other dramas hes in, he was great.

The acting was good, very cute! and the chemistry between the male and female leads was great.
Deru Toko Demasho!
Dec 15, 2012
I love this so much! Its funny, fast paced and the characters are so loveable.
The story is good, a wealthy family loose money, and their house in the process. The daughter ends up working for a lawyers firm earn some money. Not a totally new or original story, but interesting none the less.
The acting is great, all the cast play the comedic scenes very well, though im proabably biased because I love Horikita Maki!
I didn't pay much attention to the music, though normally I only notice the soundtrack if I think it doesnt fit the scene, so thats a good thing!
If you like fun, light hearted dramas this is definitely for you. It does have some serious scenes but they are quickly over shadowed by something silly to make you smile.

LIFE
Dec 15, 2012
I started watching this drama a few times and stopped, God knows why because when I FINALLY sat down for the 4th time to try and watch it I loved it!

The acting is great, sometimes its a but overacted but I could look past that. The storyline is also amazing, there are some very emotional scenes that really break my heart. Its fast paced and easy to get into.

The only problem I do have with it is the very annoying music at some points of the drama, it just didn't seem to fit some scenes and ruined them for me. But again, I can look past that!

I wouldn't reccomened this drama to anyone who is easily triggered by suicide. But If that doesn't effect you watch away!

Kids
Jan 1, 2013
Wow. I only watched this because I wanted to see more of Teppei's acting after I saw him in Lovely Complex and I'm so glad I did!

KIDS was very emotional. I loved the plot, it was very well written and not predictable (which is a problem I find with most Japanese dramas and movies).
The acting was suburb, you could really believe what was happening even though the story is supernatural. Teppei is now one of my favourite actors!
I didnt really take note of the music (Which is good because i usually only notice it if its really bad!)
From Me to You
Dec 16, 2012
I loved this so much, I've seen it about 4 times now and I just can't get enough.
Its sweet, innocent and romantic. I love watching Sawako grow more confident and the film just makes me very happy. The story is very basic and not original- shy girl gets bullied in class, popular boy pays attention to her and they become friends. Nothing I haven't seen a hundred times before, but still kept me interested!

The acting is great but sometimes I felt like something was missing, I'm not sure what, it just seemed to lack passion. Its very slow paced and relaxed, so not for you if you like fast moving, action packed films.

Overall its just a very cute movie, there isnt too much else that can be said about it

Not a very interesting special, I only watched this because of my love for the drama (The other specials were nothing "special" either!)
The story is repetitive, Students struggling to realise their worth and Onizuka guiding them. The overall plot is dull, however I guess we needed a graduation to end our journey with class 2-4!
The acting was good, not as great as it has been previous episodes, but the cast is the same so nothing about the acting has changed. I think all the actors were just lacking something in this special, or maybe its just because I wasn't enjoying it as much.

I am glad I watched it but I probably wouldn't watch it again!

I'd give this Graduation Special a 7 overall.