So, to keep it short, EVERYONE dies except for the FL. The ML also dies in a really dumb way, specially after…
True but the rating was already lower than usual way before that.
I was surprised that after the first few episodes aired the rating was already on the lower side of a 7 when usually a drama that is so anticipated and with such a popular cast will be at least over 8.5, some even reach 9.
Last week it was 6.9 and after the last few episodes were released it went down to 6.7 so the ending itself only lowered the rating by 0.2
This is the lowest rated drama that any of these actors have starred in. ^^'
I only watched one episode and I think that's enough. But for this to be one of the most anticipated Chinese dramas…
Please, don't. Do not waste your time.
The cast is great, I anticipated this drama too but tried to keep my expectations low but even if you keep your expectations on ground level, let me tell you the level of this drama is below the ground. It is short vertical drama bad and even some short dramas can be better than this.
this isn’t the best drama but it’s definitely not 6.7 bad it’s like 7.7 bad
I agree but when you think that there are short vertical dramas that can be better than this it is hard to rate it anything above 7. I think if the writers were not set on ruining it right until the end, the rating might have been a bit better.
Ok, so, the rating is this low not because people had high expectations or were comparing it to other dramas (I…
So, to keep it short, EVERYONE dies except for the FL. The ML also dies in a really dumb way, specially after all the talk about wanting to be there for his son and building a complete family.
By the end of the drama you are left feeling empty and not in a good way, not in a wow, this ending was so beautifully tragic that I cannot stop crying and will never forget this drama but more like ugh, why did I even waste hours of my life watching this?
Ok, so, the rating is this low not because people had high expectations or were comparing it to other dramas (I saw people mentioning Pursuit of Jade) or even because of the use of AI. The main problem with this drama is that the script and directing are BAD, as in short vertical drama bad...and I have even watched short dramas that were better than this.
I still gave it a chance even after watching the first few episodes because I really liked the cast but the writers were set on ruining this drama from the beginning. Read the spoiler below if you want to save yourself some precious hours that you could be spending watching something better.
Had potential and some creative ideas, and of course, a great cast BUT it felt average and the ending was underwhelming. I believe if they had chosen less popular actors the rating would have been much lower. The writing was a bit weak in my opinion.
I left this comment 8 years ago so I do not really remeber anything about this drama but looking at the rating and comments, you should probably skip this one. ^^'
The latter episodes really messed up the experience as a whole, which is why the rating dropped so much. It was still an entertaining watch but could have been much better.
...the pacing was a bit off, they had too much going on so the romance took a back seat and too many characters did a 180º change, a fast one too, for it to even feel a bit believable...people don't change like that, not that fast and not that many.
Honestly I was craving a thriller with no comedy so I'm excited for this. Maybe the kidnapper is related to them…
I am betting on him having lost someone and thinking it is the ML's fault. He keeps saying the ML disappointed him and stuff like that. He definitely is not doing this for the money, he wants revenge for something, maybe the loss of a wife or child.
The first 2 episodes were ok but there is something missing, it is not thrilling enough, at least not yet. Let's see if next week's episodes are better.
Same! The show lost the plot from ep 19 onwards. I wish they had ended the show right there. I really had to turn…
Yeah, although the adult episodes were the smaller part of the drama it was where I felt the writing was weaker. 29 episodes is not the usual episode number, maybe it was supposed to be 32 or 36 episodes long and that messed up the pacing of the later half, not sure.
I really wanted to love it as much as everyone else.
The cast is great, the leads did amazing and make such a nice couple but the plot felt draggy and a bit too soap opera like at points for me. I imagine I would have found a drama with this plot amazing maybe 10 years ago but in 2026 it did not feel as special as it seems to have felt for most people.
I liked it but I did not love it, it just did not feel as exciting to watch as I expected it to feel when I first started it. I quite liked it at first but then somewhere along the way I started feeling less invested. Maybe I will give it another chance in the future and see if I can enjoy it more than I did the first time.
EDIT: Ok, after I read a few more comments I think I know why I did not love this. It is the writing. The cast did great, the leads have amazing chemistry, but the writing is flawed. There are some things characters say and do that do not feel natural in certain situations. I will not go into detail as I would have to use spoilers but yeah, it was some writing decisions that made this drama feel less amazing for me. Hopefully I will be able to see the leads together in another drama.
This is basically a story of revenge and most of the episodes it is just both FLs making out with the brothers... and they swap too. In the same episode you will see the FL making out with both brothers, the SFL doing the same and the SML making out with with the SFL and then coming home and making out with the FL. Yup, this was a swingy mess. (pun intended)
If you are looking for real romance/decent writing, you can safely skip this one.
I like a good slow burn romance but this one was a bit too slow. I liked their interactions while living together and how much their characters grew thanks to each other, but I also ended up skipping a lot of business/secondary couples scenes.
They added so much (a lot of screen time was spent on the secondary couples) but did not bother to show him meeting her father even tho they talked on the phone several times. Maybe they could have done an extra shorter episode with their wedding and life after marriage or something.
I liked the drama but I felt it could have been much better, a lot of wasted potential.
Great drama, one of the most complex and interesting characters Bai Lu has played. It had some slow moments as…
It seems lately a lot of dramas end like this, they wrap up what needs to be wrapped up but do not attempt to make the ending a bit more enjoyable for the viewers.
I mean, was it that hard to show a few more scenes of their married life? Maybe have the FL get pregnant and have a baby. They even spent an entire episode with the sister-in-law doing everything for the FL to get pregnant and even after years of marriage when we know they have slept together several times, she has yet to get pregnant. Unless either of them has some health issue preventing it, it is not normal that she did not get pregant after so long. Throwing in a cute baby at the end or at least a pregnancy diagnosis would not have hurt the plot.
Anyway, I am complaining about this since there really isn't much I can complain about. This drama was overall a very enjoyable watch for me.
I was surprised that after the first few episodes aired the rating was already on the lower side of a 7 when usually a drama that is so anticipated and with such a popular cast will be at least over 8.5, some even reach 9.
Last week it was 6.9 and after the last few episodes were released it went down to 6.7 so the ending itself only lowered the rating by 0.2
This is the lowest rated drama that any of these actors have starred in. ^^'
The cast is great, I anticipated this drama too but tried to keep my expectations low but even if you keep your expectations on ground level, let me tell you the level of this drama is below the ground. It is short vertical drama bad and even some short dramas can be better than this.
By the end of the drama you are left feeling empty and not in a good way, not in a wow, this ending was so beautifully tragic that I cannot stop crying and will never forget this drama but more like ugh, why did I even waste hours of my life watching this?
I still gave it a chance even after watching the first few episodes because I really liked the cast but the writers were set on ruining this drama from the beginning. Read the spoiler below if you want to save yourself some precious hours that you could be spending watching something better.
...the pacing was a bit off, they had too much going on so the romance took a back seat and too many characters did a 180º change, a fast one too, for it to even feel a bit believable...people don't change like that, not that fast and not that many.
The cast is great, the leads did amazing and make such a nice couple but the plot felt draggy and a bit too soap opera like at points for me. I imagine I would have found a drama with this plot amazing maybe 10 years ago but in 2026 it did not feel as special as it seems to have felt for most people.
I liked it but I did not love it, it just did not feel as exciting to watch as I expected it to feel when I first started it. I quite liked it at first but then somewhere along the way I started feeling less invested. Maybe I will give it another chance in the future and see if I can enjoy it more than I did the first time.
EDIT: Ok, after I read a few more comments I think I know why I did not love this. It is the writing. The cast did great, the leads have amazing chemistry, but the writing is flawed. There are some things characters say and do that do not feel natural in certain situations. I will not go into detail as I would have to use spoilers but yeah, it was some writing decisions that made this drama feel less amazing for me. Hopefully I will be able to see the leads together in another drama.
If you are looking for real romance/decent writing, you can safely skip this one.
They added so much (a lot of screen time was spent on the secondary couples) but did not bother to show him meeting her father even tho they talked on the phone several times. Maybe they could have done an extra shorter episode with their wedding and life after marriage or something.
I liked the drama but I felt it could have been much better, a lot of wasted potential.
I mean, was it that hard to show a few more scenes of their married life? Maybe have the FL get pregnant and have a baby. They even spent an entire episode with the sister-in-law doing everything for the FL to get pregnant and even after years of marriage when we know they have slept together several times, she has yet to get pregnant. Unless either of them has some health issue preventing it, it is not normal that she did not get pregant after so long. Throwing in a cute baby at the end or at least a pregnancy diagnosis would not have hurt the plot.
Anyway, I am complaining about this since there really isn't much I can complain about. This drama was overall a very enjoyable watch for me.