Yeah, they had to reshoot a big chunk of Season 1 after the recast — it’s mentioned on Wikipedia too. I’m…
I'm glad that Lee Na Eun was exonerated. I hope she sees a return to her former status.
We sure are seeing a lot of K-projects dealing with actors' scandals lately!
The release of Knock Off was put on hold (& KOS2 filming cancelled mid-production) by Disney while Kim Soo Hyun's scandal works its way through the court system.
Second Signal (TvN's sequel to Signal) is currently in a crisis due to Jo Jin Woong's sudden retirement after past crimes from 30 years ago recently surfaced. That sequel had also completed filming back in August. Also SBS is in crisis mode due to this latest scandal. “War Against the Gangs" is narrated by JJW and he also appears as its presenter. WATG just began airing on SBS last week.
I think the SK studios are going to have to require background checks on actors (or something) moving forward.
Filming has concluded, a wrap party will be held tomorrow.
So will it be released? Cancelled? Will they replace Jo Jin Woong with another actor and refill all his scenes? That would entail redoing a huge percentage of what is already in the can. The production must be in a huge crisis now!
he was not involved in sexual assault, some of you guys see all of them as rapist lolhttps://www.soompi.com/article/1803334wpp/cho-jin-woongs-agency-releases-official-statement-regarding-reported-past-crimes
Not so fast. Yes, his agency denied the sexual-assault portion of the allegations, but that was before this news article from 1994 resurfaced:
Should it be released as-is? If not, who should be cast as Lee Jae Han (replacing Jo Jin Woong)? Or is it preferable that Second Signal be canceled, instead?
I love thrillers but I'm not thrilled by this premise. So I came here to read spoilers. Why accept such a deal if you are innocent? The only reason to do so would be if you were guilty.
I play the game Hades which has a play mode like in the premise of Cashero, where your character's strength scales along with the amount gold coins you collect, and decreases accordingly when you spend it. (In the game the money doesn't disappear as a result of exertion.) I wonder whether this game may have inspired the writer? Anyway, this should be fun!
Accusation 1: KSR's family accused KSH of having a relationship with KSR while she was a minor from 2015 to 2021.KSH's…
TL;dr:
Gold Medalist's multiple damage control teams consisting of dozens of highly-paid professional Crisis Management Experts, Legal Advisors, Private Investigators, Social Media Strategists, Public Relations Officers, & Cultural Consultants have mostly performed very well in their mission to counter every public accusation and dirty the accusers. Meanwhile the issue is being handled carefully & deliberately by the courts. More time will pass before we know which side is telling the truth.
This isn’t a binge-drama. Typhoon Family is full of layers, details and psychological beats that need space;…
I do not disagree, but I need a little more relief from the constant struggles. For me right now, binging is the only way I can get through this. The nuances you describe really are best savored slowly, I agree. If this becomes one of my favorites, then someday it will become my rewatch and hopefully then I'll catch some of those details which I may have missed.
I've restarted watching this again. I took a break after the safety shoes. I found the serial failures a bit tough to endure, and decided to wait a few weeks then binge everything so I could get to the good stuff.
Stories which put their main characters (& the audience) through the wringer can result in the most satisfying & cathartic payoffs! I hated The Glory until the end. Now it's a top favorite. I hated Death's Game until the bitter end, now it's my all-time favorite. (I could go on…)
Ima wait until tomorrow to decide how much I like this. I can already give this top props for the writing, the acting, & the production. Regardless of whether it ultimately succeeds for me, it's obvious that this story is unfolding exactly how it was intended, and also that the IRL events (and their effects on the peoples of that time) have had a huge influence on how this plays out.
As far as the repetitive nature of the episodes, that too is intentional. Repeating themes are common in music and literature. The natural rhythms reminiscent of waves crashing on a beach, leading up portentously to the finale when that final big wave hits (so to speak) might even become a lasting impression for fans of this drama, much like how the irritating behaviors of one's romantic partner can later become cherished personality quirks, after a lifetime together.
We sure are seeing a lot of K-projects dealing with actors' scandals lately!
The release of Knock Off was put on hold (& KOS2 filming cancelled mid-production) by Disney while Kim Soo Hyun's scandal works its way through the court system.
Second Signal (TvN's sequel to Signal) is currently in a crisis due to Jo Jin Woong's sudden retirement after past crimes from 30 years ago recently surfaced. That sequel had also completed filming back in August. Also SBS is in crisis mode due to this latest scandal. “War Against the Gangs" is narrated by JJW and he also appears as its presenter. WATG just began airing on SBS last week.
I think the SK studios are going to have to require background checks on actors (or something) moving forward.
https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bone-chilling-report-jo-jin-woong-alleged-crimes-1994-resurfaces-online/
And now he has officially retired. Still, others are defending him (calling him a victim of the bully gangsters, a "bread shuttle".)
Gold Medalist's multiple damage control teams consisting of dozens of highly-paid professional Crisis Management Experts, Legal Advisors, Private Investigators, Social Media Strategists, Public Relations Officers, & Cultural Consultants have mostly performed very well in their mission to counter every public accusation and dirty the accusers. Meanwhile the issue is being handled carefully & deliberately by the courts. More time will pass before we know which side is telling the truth.
Stories which put their main characters (& the audience) through the wringer can result in the most satisfying & cathartic payoffs! I hated The Glory until the end. Now it's a top favorite. I hated Death's Game until the bitter end, now it's my all-time favorite. (I could go on…)
Ima wait until tomorrow to decide how much I like this. I can already give this top props for the writing, the acting, & the production. Regardless of whether it ultimately succeeds for me, it's obvious that this story is unfolding exactly how it was intended, and also that the IRL events (and their effects on the peoples of that time) have had a huge influence on how this plays out.
As far as the repetitive nature of the episodes, that too is intentional. Repeating themes are common in music and literature. The natural rhythms reminiscent of waves crashing on a beach, leading up portentously to the finale when that final big wave hits (so to speak) might even become a lasting impression for fans of this drama, much like how the irritating behaviors of one's romantic partner can later become cherished personality quirks, after a lifetime together.